GeForce 337.81 Beta Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 15, 2014.

1. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I get in wolfenstein, fps drops in certain story driver scenes: like when you meet that deathshead, and the DOF is poppin in, then fps drops. And when you wake into that asylum, when tne ***** people kill those people. In gameplay, shooting, i dont get any kind of hiccups.

2. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    yep me too, in those in game story cutscenes I get massive frame drops...
    in gameplay I get a framedrop here and there but it isn't as prevalent and noticeable as in those in game cutscenes.
    Oh and the sli doesn't work, I have no idea why is it mentioned in the changelog of the beta drivers 337.81 that sli for wolfenstein nwo was added.
    look at the nvidia geforce page
    http://www.geforce.com/games-applications
    even there it says sli is supported...so where is the problem?

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  3. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^ I really dont get massive drops, like 40 frames from 60, or 55fps. I think its because DOF is starting to pop in there, and we cant disable it within the game settings. Also i got frame drops in the beginning, in that plane, was fps dropping.

In missions when you kill people, the fps is solid 60.

Well, since first 337 driver, those two drivers aren't kinda official. They really need to release that WHQL, if not these days, then before watch dogs is popping in. Also i dont think they could improve something, since the game is open gl, and not DirectX. Probably will be a game ready and improvements in driver just for watch dogs, next week.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  4. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Hopefully, Iam very excited for watch dogs, but in the meantime I want to enjoy this gorgeous new wolfenstein game at stable 60 fps on max settings :) If there will be an sli added in the new drivers I will be a happy chappy

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    btw cutscenes are pre-rendered movies and those are recorded at 30fps.

Anyway I can get away with 1.5gb @ 1080p np, even tweaking cfg for less popin and runs between 45-60fps in heavy fights, it doesnt stutter or anything like that.. But I lowered default ultra 8xAA to 4xAA, using 337.82 driver

6. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    337.82 driver? aren't those for macs?
    oh and I know the cutscenes are are prerendered, I was talking about the ingame cutscenes like the one when your buddy is giving you heart massage in the plane right after you got hit when you were in the first turret section....
    Iam using the 337.81 drivers and when I turn on the vt compress option to on in the advanced graphic settings the game runs mostly at 60 fps with dips to 50-55 but the frame drops are less noticeable with the vt compress option on...

7. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    As DirectX and OpenGL is high level, you can optimize it, as the driver is having the compiler. :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLSL

It is just the matter of how many OpenGL software will get performance for optimize it, compare to DirectX software, or games.
    ---
    Of cause, it can be the game is having some calculation running on the GPU, which is the strength of AMD, if compare the raw performance, but not optimize. :)

Nope, it is for China's Internet Cafe, as most of them are using Nvidia graphic card, so they need a special driver for it.

8. Bobnar

Bobnar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 XC2
    I couldn't find any info where it says sli is supported. Nothing on Geforce or in any change logs. I understand a profile was added, but thats it unless I'm missing something.

ManuelG even stated that "Wolfenstein: The New Order is not SLI friendly at the moment. If a patch is released that addresses this, we will push an SLI profile through GFE."

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And Wolfenstein opts for openGL 3.2, dunno why not at least 4..

10. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Any word on the official release, having a few glitches in Wolfenstein.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Disable triple buffer and vsync.

12. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i agree with you here as a 560Ti owner that it CAN NOT play most of the newer games on full visuals because of the 1gb vram BUT you can make games perfectly playable with a mix of med/high/very high on most games its just the shadows/reflections need lowering and maybe completely turning AA off but in those situations i can try and use sweetfx

until i can get the money for a GTX760 thats all fine with me :)

13. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Never have it on.
    Gaming on a 144Hz monitor.

No other games are affected at all, hammered my GTX780ti today with everything just to make sure.
    Its just Wolfenstein, game doesn't even push the card hard either.

Came across another guy having the same problems:
    http://youtu.be/uLg74mwkHcc?t=2m19s

Mine aren't as bad though.

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I stopped the bf4 device hung crash with enabling hpet in bios and windows.
    and setting ram to stock.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It is listed under the SLI section:

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/technology/sli

I was willing to give Nvidia the benefit of the doubt where ESO was concerned, that was listed as SLI compatible for months before release (and for a few weeks post release). Nvidia changed it after people pointed it out on the forums but you can still see it using the Wayback machine.

Now with Wolfenstein, it strikes me as purely dishonest that they have it listed under the SLI section. It seems that they clearly knew that the game was not SLI compatible as it has been stated, post launch of course, to avoid damaging preorders that might have been cancelled.

You can clearly see from that link that Wolfenstein has an SLI checkmark under it.

I'm sure that will disappear not long after my post, but I took a screenshot and it will always be on the wayback machine.

Last edited: May 21, 2014

16. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    My thoughts that Nvidia wouldn't be releasing new drivers before WD rls next week...bummer

17. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
  18. awins1

awins1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 Ultra
    Anyone having an issues with surround when adding a fourth monitor? Whenever I connect the fourth monitor, something happens with surround view, the view overlaps between the surround monitors. This happens on desktop and in games. It almost looks like the center screen overscans. This same issue exists for me with the last two betas, the problem does not exist in the last WHQL driver.

19. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Looks like low texture quality.

Rage had the same issue with color banding, its the id tech 5 engine.
    I was hoping they would fix that as the issue in Rage was an eye sore.

20. kl0br1ll3

kl0br1ll3 Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Windforce 670
    If installed the Driver only for Wolfenstein...

But still i have no Sli to activate for this Game (SLI GTX 670)