GeForce 337.50 Beta SLI Performance Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well these drivers are good for me as they dont freeze when applying the Nvidia patcher for 120hz Overlord. This is the only driver that has worked since the 331.40. The 331.40 do still feel smoother than these.

2. Jraptor

Jraptor Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 680 x2 SLI
    Very nice! Exciting, actually, if you're into this type of thing. I just tested Tomb Raider and Batman: Arkham City on my "old" 680 SLI setup. I got 10-20 extra fps in the benchmarks and a VISIBLE performance increase (it moves faster).

3. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Great gains in Crysis and Hitman! Has anyone made some tests with Arma3? (Although being a BIS game, it's probably beyond hope, lol.) I can see this driver being huge in Watch Dogs when that releases too.

4. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I'm a little underwhelmed i was hoping for more i guess? I guess we'll see with the WHQL release.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    What GPU have you tested? Gains on high-end hardware is cool but I've seen CPU overhead in AS4:BF and it was a 10% increase on a single 780. Many have reported large gains in games like crysis3 batman AO and bioshock among others.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Sli gains are what other people are reporting. Phenomenal driver.

7. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    very welcome news just annoying that it took this long to pull magical performance out their a$$

8. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    None i don't own a kepler based GPU, just wanting to see some substantial improvements, to further persuade me to get a 780 classy lol. I was just curious if this would put the 780 consistently ahead of the 290 clock for clock.

9. tugCREW

tugCREW Member

GPU:
    zotac gtx 480 1.5gb SLI
    Now GPU is getting really interesting.

10. orky87

orky87 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    Exact my thoughts.

11. RyuBlade94

RyuBlade94 New Member

GPU:
    2xSapphire 7950 Dual-X
    Watch thech of tomorrow benchmark on his channel. Just seen that video and compared to other benchmarks over the internet. Sure, there is an improvement, but it looks to me like he showed only the games where there is a big fps "jump" between the two drivers and not where there is a small one or almost any. Hate people like this. It looks a lot like he's being paid from nvidia.

12. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Depend in what case.. i report Anandtech ...

And just as a reminder, for Thief, SLI was just not working at all, and they compare to 290x CFX who is just barely supported on the driver they had use. ( negative scaling who should be adressed soon )..

This said, its nice to see DX optimisations and this driver.. but they have not forget to push a bit of marketing in the middle too.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Why would you not market something like this though?

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mantle was marketed by amd why can't nvidia market this driver?

15. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nobody say they can not market the driver lol, and specially aimed at Mantle...

The way they do it, is another story.

16. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Battlefield 4 Sieg of shanghi and metro.
    +20 at the min fps
    Sleeping dogs
    +10 at min fps

2xgtx780 sli and sli works on Thief before but not at 99% gps usage but 70-89%.

I dont troll over this things if you dont believe by 2 gtx780's or come te my home and we test together

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I can see if you were on the mantle team and getting upset. But if you a regular joe like me I could care less all I care about is the driver all this other stuff is just white noise to me. I was sharing my personal experience with this driver, if somebody doesn't believe me I don't really care either way.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There was nothing wrong with the way they did it, it was marketed how anyone would.

Maybe shouldn't of mentioned Mantle so much in the article, but it would look weird if they were pretending Mantle didn't exist.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    about 20+ fps I think in BF4. Might be able to kick the resolution up to 1366x768 now xD

20. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I dont put your test in question and result of the DX optimisations made ( i should have maybe start by that, the problem when we switch from a forum from an other ) .. I just put some of the numbers shown by Nvidia in question.. I should maybe more said than its more, but reviewers who have start analyze a bit the driver results more deeply.

Anyway, check your max temperature limit, this driver have increase it slighty on reference cards.... ( 84 to 87°C ). So you should have a bigger oc limit now.