GeForce 314.21 announced in Tomb Raider patch notes

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by fpollan, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    I didn't know (missed it) the ingame SSAA use OGSSAA :bang:
    I'll check the covering and quality this weekend between the two modes (ingame OGSSAA and driver-, sometimes they optimize at the cost of covering on certain objects to increase perf.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Who else cant run little lara OC'd? Don't get me wrong I run ultra played 2x's in standard and its ok but soon as I set my stable oc to get a bit more jiggle the game pooches. This oc is stable for the last 2 years many games, heaven yad yad yad. With this game NVidia just don't work?

Suggestion plz

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    It runs fine when I OC my GF110 Fermi, even at 950mhz.

Guess its GK104 that's kinda crappy, I've seen few posts at nvidia forums mentioning this too :p

4. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 O8G STRIX
    Game runs fine here too GTX480 oc to 830mhz with 314.21 drivers,and as for PowerK if i had 2 titans in sli i wouldn't settle with anything less than 60 fps if i had invested $2,000 in 2 Titans, i love full eye candy too but i am forced to cap my frame rate to at least at 45fps or drop a little eye candy to maintain a playable frame rate with my outdated GPU.

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    The hell?
    all you do is bad mouth the 600 series in every single one of your posts.
    you're a TROLL.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Excuse me? Im just stating the obvious, NV has some issues with Kepler and new tess approach, that dynamic clock is also questionable.

Troll you say, lol whatever:grin:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  7. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    2x TITAN Xp SLI
    This game's visual quality is damn impressive.
    Several more screenshots at 2560x1600p maxed. http://min.us/mlG5zKXFzgUZc
    Although OGSSAA is nice, I really wish they opted for SGSSAA.

8. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I don't have any problems with my 670 fixed at 1280MHz. When will people learn that just because OC was stable in the past that doesn't have to be true forever? TR uses DirectCompute in conjunction with tesselation, that's heavy load. Not saying there might not be a driver problem though, I also didn't have any BF3 crashes but obviously there was a bug in the driver.

9. Frankster

Frankster Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming G1 SLI
    Hm, I don't like that driver because I do like BF3. The 314.21 is good for TR, but I get horrible texture flickering in BF3. Not always, but often; but if the game starts ok that does not mean that its ok all the time - flickering every now and then when using dirtbikes and such... I hope it's because of the game, not the driver. I'm so fed up with drivers hardwired to games... :3eyes:

Edit: Oh, despite the links says MOH, its all about BF3: http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490210255683/

Needless to say that disabling AA does NOT help...

10. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I will see how they play with BF3 with 2x 680.

11. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's

2720x1700 downsampled + in-game 4xSSAA. Looks amazing in screens, even better in motion. I don't notice this "softer" IQ you speak of, though I'm sure it's there. With that being said, here's a few screens which demonstrates that it still looks pretty sharp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This game looks utterly amazing when played like this, I must say.

EDIT: I play with SweetFX and luma sharpening enabled. This is probably the reason why I don't notice the softer IQ.

Last edited: May 3, 2013