Geforce 305.68 - Modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by atimaniac, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    In the days of Omega drivers there were real improvements to be made. Ones that could be clearly laid out. XtremeG refuses to tell anyone anything. Obviously they apply the same tweaks to every driver, it's not as if they are making special changes to each driver.

This is even more evident with their driver modifier they made at one point, where you would download the driver from NVidia and use an application from XtremeG to apply the changes they do to the drivers. What promoted this was to save bandwidth, no need to host the driver itself. So it's obvious they do the same modifications to each driver they put out.
    If that was already clear, what is less obvious is what those changes are. All you can ever learn from them is "better IQ, same performance". If you ask for more, they say "we try to improve IQ and maintain the same performance". IQ is naturally subjective, but never has it been proven that it is actually better.

There is nothing ground breaking about Dox's drivers, but at least they are honest. You know what the changes are, and I still look forward to version packed with profiles.

2. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    For some reason the developers of Rage seemed to have applied an absurd amount of negative LOD in that game (or maybe it was just me who set an absurd amount of LOD in the console, or tried someone's "custom" config, can't remember). So there's one game where clamping negative LOD might help, if anyone still plays it.

The last time I remember HQ filtering helping over Q was back in GeForce 6/7 where Nvidia used those angle-dependent AF cheats. We complained so much that Nvidia finally added the HQ option (and to compete with ATI who already had it). Even then, quality was still somewhat of a let down (e.g. many folks still complaining of "shimmering").

I generally said that activating true trilinear filtering probably hurts performance more than it helps quality, but it's almost a moot point with today's hardware. Though many modded drivers in the past have activated anti-aliasing and anisotropic as well, which can also hurt performance.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. snorge

snorge Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    well I am going to try these for the fun of it I'm not expecting much though I only play a couple older games now anyway and new drivers are mostly for new games as I see it.

4. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    That's a cool feature. Nvidia loves to waste hdd/ssd space apparently.

5. kalston

kalston New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Tbh I'd be fine with custom drivers that simply have a custom installer and don't pretend to improve performance/image quality, because yes, the nvidia installer wastes a lot of SSD/HDD space and I could live without having to do the cleaning manually :) A custom installer that doesn't install anything apart from the drivers themselves by default is also a good thing for me (ie. no updater, no physx, no 3d vision, no HD audio).

But because these pretend to have improved performance/image quality while not giving the slightest explanation I'm not going to bother.

6. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Check name of Thread ,i never seen i write more about who mod that drivers etc .

7. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Nvidia is the only one with source code to the drivers so ultimately it is still left up to them to improve it. There is only so much third party modders can do to enhance performance and quality, e.g. INF/registry tweaks, profile enhancements, etc.

8. snorge

snorge Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    so far so good, they seem to perform better than the 304.79s in Win 8 but I haven't tried the non modded version yet.

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    What? I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but there are two completely different modded drivers in your OP. The name of the thread doesn't specify which one.

10. lucky0511

lucky0511 New Member

GPU:
    9600GT
    can not dowload form this host, keep still 10 KB/s
    i spent 6 hour but still not finish
    can you reupload to another better host like, mediafire.com or rapidshare.com,
    thank to you

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

11. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Tell which one

12. lucky0511

lucky0511 New Member

GPU:
    9600GT
    lol so mediafire.com
    with x64 version
    thank you so much

13. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    I been using XtremeG's for years. XtremeG's are not good bench drivers, but they are great drivers when it comes to image quality. I using the 305.67 XtremeG's, and I can tell a big difference in image quality compare to the stock Nvidia drivers, XtremeG's also performs better for me then the stock drivers.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This did it for me.
    Modded 305.68 HERE I COME!!!

I bet you can. Hahaha just kidding. Like I would install garage driver that has release notes ending with QUESTION mark :wanker:

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Don't worry Noisiv, it probably might maybe improve IQ. Just don't ask for screen shots. And proof, don't ask for that too.

16. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    Most of this stuff i do already now. In my global profile i turn off the optimizations, set texture clamp, set High Quality filtering.

He also 'tweaked' the LOD but doesn't say exactly how much (just that it reduces shimmering)?

Just seems like pretty much everything in this is doable from Nvidia Inspector and i would much prefer to know what changes were in effect so i can tweak games and know what effect the changes are having.

It doesn't sound dangerous but at the same probably isn't worth downloading if you can do the changes yourselves.

17. snorge

snorge Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    yeah that is what I am noticing.

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Seems reasonable enough, if that is the case. Smaller driver with an INF that supports all cards and preset to use best IQ by default.

19. ERiKoChAn

ERiKoChAn New Member

GPU:
    560TI SOC
    so should i download the normal modded or download the Xtreme version? Suggestions?

20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Normal modded as in the one from NVidia with an INF? Or the one from LTV2G? This is getting confusing.
    Go with what you are comfortable with. And if you are feeling adventurous try em all out. While it may seem fishy with these type of modded drivers regardless of who put them together, there (afaik) are no harmful effects of trying it, and uninstall like any other NVidia driver.