GeForce 295.51 Driver released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hu1kamania, Jan 31, 2012.

1. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC
    Yes I know, but not for NVIDIA anymore :)

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    My point is, if you have a driver that works, use that.
    If there are no WHQL or Betas that work well for you, fair enough, state your case.
    This thread is for 295.51 issue reporting, information and resolutions though.
    Problems are expected, informative posts about them are useful.

3. Razunter

Razunter Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Worked fine for day or two, but today started to crash when I open video on YouTube.
    Maybe it's video card related problems.

UPD: cleaned PC from dust, everything working fine now.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    QFT.
    To many posts bash Nvidia instead of giving useful info.
    If you want to bash Nvidia write them a letter instead of posting it here, chance for them to read it might be 0.1% higher ;)

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    The ingame MultiSampling doesn't work. It's really that much of a problem. It's only Trolls and Khajiit that "sometimes" show up transparent, it doesn't always happen.

I can live with it. I did had 2x SuperSample before but in dense forest areas you can notice a framedrop to like 45-50, while with MultiSample it stays a solid 60 with the same result.

The Bug is the not the end of the world =]

6. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    2nd TDR with this driver now, both on the desktop and not gaming! Installed 290.53 until another driver gets released.

7. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Who said it was, :p

and why dont you try 1xsupersampling, its much better then just multisampling?
    [​IMG]

------------

As for this driver,

with 290.53 i had to raise adv timings and voltage (also lower my OC), but now i can use my old OC again? All adv timings on auto (much lower) and it passed heh.. Looks like nvidia listened, but then again its kinda stupid of them to search for extra perf. in system level... I gotta test some more to really see if its stable or not.

But i know this, before i had to use tRFC 82 (ram at 1080mhz) and pass without high pitch sound. Now it passed at low tRFC 70 (ram 1080mhz), this was out of the question with both 290.37 and esp. with 290.53. Im gonna see if it basses Bf3 too, its the only game that really pushes my system to its limits..

Also before at 1080mhz if i didnt raise tRFC 82 it would cause some weird fps drops by loading new area (changing camera angle) in Resident Evil5 dx10 benchmark, now at lower (tRFC 70) it passed fine without those fps drops, lol i got them if i raised tRFC 78+, before it was right the opposite.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Fine, ill give 1x a go :p

9. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    I've seen that nVidia guys just ignore such negative comments. That's it and they do it right! :)

Negative never bring to positive. It only kills u from inside! :)

10. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Waited 3 days to post, so I would have a little time to check this driver out. I can find no issues with this driver in any of the games I currently play.

Skyrim = smooth, no visual defects
    BF3 = Smooth
    MW3 = Smooth

Just as solid as the 290.53 drivers. No problems with this driver that I can see.

No TDR's like the 280.xx drivers.

Thanks nVidia.

11. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA² GTX 1080 Ti
    Drivers are good, but I had to disable the adaptive power management mode to fix some crashes.

12. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I use always adaptive power performance but I got no freeze, crash nor BSOD. ;)

13. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Nasty driver for me & bf3, in 1 hour of playing I suffered 2 hard locks, never happened with the previous 290.53! After rolling back I managed 2 hours on bf3 with no problems at all.

14. splinter6

splinter6 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980ti G1
    displayport still not working just as 290.53 :s

15. waynepe

waynepe New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 560 2Gig
    Driver causes hd video to crash my system with purple screen when skipping through the video. went back to 290.53 all fine now. games lock up after a while of play too.

16. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Well this didnt turn out so well..

Default adv timings failed in BF3 heh (~45min or so) I still had to raise tRFC in the end, but not so much as with 290.37 and 290.53. At least now i can test 450 and 455mhz fsb (like with any 285.xx), before with 290.xx it was out of the question..

Edit: nope looks like now i will have to settle with a little lower cpu/ram OC.

And i found out something about BF3 - MEtro map stutter..

its HBAO that leaks memory + effects on ultra that cause see through effect and streaming stutter..

Metro - outside (TDM part of the map) starts at 780mb and rises to 1178mb in 1-2min or every respawn,
    Canals (TDM part) starts at 900mb rises to ~1240mb.

Idk what was with 290.53 didn't monitor it.

With SSAO it stays at ~ 1060mb (4xmsaa, rest ultra,post aa - off), but the streaming choppiness remains..
    Well its only 2-3 spots (cpu spots) Metro - outside but still its kinda annoying, because now it was almost none at effects high+ssao.

290.53 were almost perfect 95% in Metro (4xmsaa, HBAO, effects ultra, post aa - off)..

And there is this flash player/content stalling (10-15sec), it happens only if i open browser for the first time with such content..

Firefox10 or Waterfox 10 (64bit) both do it..

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  17. chicoguay

chicoguay New Member

GPU:
    msi 560 gtx twin frozr ii
    that was exactly what happen to me purple screen when playing hd videos but not every time it was random and only happen when i skip throw the video . 290.53 is fine never had an issue of this kind only with these 295.51

pd: yeah i register just to said that happen to me too . i was afraid that i was the only one

18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    good drivers... no issues so far...

19. Saifz

Saifz Master Guru

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    horrible drivers i got screen artifacting not only in games but desktop aswell and a hardboot error...

just went back to previous and everything is smooth

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    found issue - memory leak

debugged - occurs while playing non-DXVA accelerated video.
    playing any non-DXVA accelerated video will eventually take 75%(default Win7 nonpaged pool limit) of your RAM, which can't be reclaimed by normal means, other then system reboot.

fixed - rollback to previous driver :) (290.53)

reported - http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=222342

amateurs... :nerd: