GeForce 295.51 Driver released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hu1kamania, Jan 31, 2012.

1. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Oh great: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Not seen that for god knows how long but now it's back, and so will the 290.53 drivers if I get it again! Also just realised this was with SLI disabled, keep forgetting to enable it after a driver install! Why can't SLI get enabled by DEFAULT when you have 2 or more cards??

2. tkin

tkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 Lightning
    My GTX580 Lightning has an ASIC of 64%, it screams past 950 at ease, there are a few guys with EVGA 580 Classified Ultras(EVGA forums) with 65% ASIC on both, these are guaranteed binned chips, the ASIC number is bogus, try oc'ing a bit and uninstall any and all ASUS softwares.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Passive 3D is something different.

The problem is most likely in your head.

4. MfA

MfA Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    woot you have QFHD 240Hz screen or something ? :nerd:

5. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    I had to laugh so hard when I read this, I hadn't installed the drivers yet but already knew this was going to be plain bs.

After installing the drivers, I can confirm, you're talking bs.

Textures in Skyrim look just the same as before and the game feels smoother, not interested in checking fps as the game runs well enough as it is with everything on high.

Further testing will be done over time in other games.

I really hate such ppl., they make this forum which was once great into a sorry mess of garbage.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i said this before this new driver was even released,even if it was a successful driver it still would not have been some *magical* driver that some people think it will be that was loads and loads better than the 290.53,i will change from the 290.53 about another 5 drivers down the line from now as changing any sooner is pointless and a waste of time especially as your only gonna see 1-2fps increase if your lucky.

7. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    Not good drivers for my gt 555m. First of all switching preferred graphics processor to nvidia, causing skype.exe fail to start, then my desktop performance for windows aero index is way lower then usual (from 6.8 to 4.7) and final heroes 6 has huge fps drop! So back to 290.53

8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    no issues for me with this driver..... none......zip.....nada..... its all good in my 580 Hood!!! :)

9. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Again its not nvidia. I have 3 systems. Three different motherboards. NV 570, NV470 blah blah and not one problem with reboot, games, Win7 32, Win7 64, Win 2008R2 (I test alot).

So come back from la la land lol. You know how many never clean their computer or the dust or REG blah blah blah. The most simple programs running in back ground can cause so many problems. Just making a new user and then trying you find it works great now blah blah blah..

No huge fan of NV in one system I have ATI 6870 with the 570 and again everything working great.

We always get so and so saying the drives are awful full of bugs and the key words "GOING BACK TO".. same thing with ATI. You just skip these. And if you get a bug you track it down and then let ATI or NV know lol

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    no issues here ether...all good...Only crysis 2 is strange..it somehow displays the res bigger then it should be.. i only see half of teh picture..anyway..crysis 2 is boooring...

everything else worls great...All valve games, unreal3 engines, Bf3, rochard, batman, etc etc...

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i think their 3d vision profile ranks are bunk. on games that are rated as good or excellent, they still look like crap in 3d. So far, the only games that actually looked good in 3d were the ones designed to have the 3d option. these non native 3d games don't even have a very good 3d effect and sometimes blurry textures.

but i'm gonna go ahead and check this one out anyway. hopefully it fixes my clear sky crash problem

12. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    lots of people are reporting problems... not sure if i wana install these ;0

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Works good for me, no issues

14. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    No problem with this driver just same as 290.53 as well, if you have problem with this driver, so your pc is something wrong somewhere down the line.

Driver - Winner.:pc1:

User- Loser :nerd:

if you don't think your pc have problem well, try nuke your pc then fresh install to see what happen.

knock the wood.

2 cents.

15. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Except for that little Alice mishap, These drivers are working great.

16. schloppy

schloppy Active Member

GPU:
    3070 ROG STRIX
    Aside from Alice, I didn't encounter any problems with any other game. The video playback issue though is enough for me to have to revert to previous beta's.

17. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    i use cccp and madvr, a much better quality alternate to evr...no issues...

Also, all my previous adobe flash problems with stuttering, freezes and sound loss seem to be gone.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    People using MadVR are reporting alot more dropped frames with these drivers though, so it's not limited to EVR it seems.

I will test MediaPortal again tonight, see how many dropped frames happen over the course of an hour.

19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    what benefit is CCCP vs Sharky's codec pack?

20. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    "The Combined Community Codec Pack is a simple playback pack for Windows with the goal of supporting the majority of video formats in use today."

That is it.

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I have used this in combo with CUVID (I think now included) and madvr for a long while. I don't see the dropped frames, but I haven't really brought up any OSD stats or anything either.