GeForce 295.51 Driver released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hu1kamania, Jan 31, 2012.

1. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    It ran ok here, nothing like that.. But i got some smoke issue at certain buildings (transparent see trough effect), it went away at high setting. Also it ran fine like with 290.53 (ultra settings, no post aa, 4xaa), minimum ~50ish fps otherwise 65-69fps (im using 69fps cap in BF3cfg tool), but yea im at lower non HD reso :p

Max vram usage was ~ 1220mb, otherwise from 1150-1190mb, main system ram 59% of 8gb, i guess its something ~5-5.5gb.

2. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)
    These drivers for some reason think the HDMI socket is a DVI connection... It means while I see the picture I'm unable to use the onboard audio.

3. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 ROG STRIX
    Since installing these, started experiencing video slowdown and stuttering when playing back xvid movies via mpc-hc. Anyone else finding this happen?

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Take it they fixed the Hardware acceleration in Firefox? Haven't had a driver stop message at all :banana:

inb4 it happens after posting this

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Same here with gtx260. works fine on 290.53

Hey we played once together! I remeber cause our whole team died zero times in that game. :) Im Drowning witch and play cheston :banana:

You play veteran if i recall?

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    awsome, got to check that out. i rember when BC2 came out it didnt run that great with AA untill a few months passed and a few sets of drivers later it ran 100% better, i hope that hapens with BF3 aswell! no reason even 2xMSAA has such a performance hit!

7. progrox

progrox Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC
    This driver fails with the EVR Custom Presenter that MPC-HC uses. Getting sluggish and choppy playback with constant audio lag. For what it's worth, for the 6 hours that I used this driver everything else worked fine.

And I remember having the exactly same issue with another beta driver a few months ago. Not sure how this problem translates to other output methods besides EVR, but I'd stick with the WHQL for that purpose.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  8. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 ROG STRIX
    Yeah, I remember that very issue in the past, since rolled back to 290.53 and all is well again.

9. bcham

bcham Active Member

GPU:
    palit gtx560ti
    yea same here when fast farward mediaplayer crashes.

10. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    woah, haven't seen this many complains from a driver in months. looks like i'll be skipping it as everything is working fine for me with 290.53 drivers.

11. Conrad.TDI

Conrad.TDI Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1gig
    They seem similar to the naked eye.....but I've had four BSODs all with nVidia reference.
    Back to 290.53 and no errors.

On my 460 the 285s were awful, but 290 seems great. I'm worried about where the 295 series is going. This might be the stopping point for me on an older card where nothing new is going to be added.

12. DarkTerror

DarkTerror Member

GPU:
    Geforce 660ti
    Try the latest version here
    MPC-HC:
    http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-playe...er-classic-homecinema-x86-x64-1-6-1-4026.html

FFdshow:
    http://www.xvidvideo.ru/ffdshow-try...ffdshow-tryouts-project-svn-4292-x86-x64.html

Disable all MPC-hc filters and use FFdshow and don't forget to install this
    http://haali.su/mkv/

MPC-HC filters are never up to date and always have more problem. Make sure you use libavcodec decoders for your codecs under FFDshow. Try not using anything DXVA or GPU accelerated as they have artifacts if not encoded properly to Nvidia or ATi HWdecoder specification.

13. n4f13666

n4f13666 New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 XT
    nvidia is really **** campare to ATi they are not able to offer good drivers for our cards.
    this new beta driver still crash and freeze all my pc.before with ati i never have this problem.
    3d vision,physx, pure video, and i dont know what other **** nvidia name this technology but me i call this ****.

14. n4f13666

n4f13666 New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 XT
    F**k to nvidia

15. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    user error most likely. AMD I can tell you has actual driver issues especially with opengl.

16. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I use cyberlink plugins, I think they are out there for download... but if you actually have the program legit you can use them no problem and they work great. Anyone who has a bluray drive probably has powerdvd and the cyberlink codecs.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I had a moment of severe slowdown while watching something in MediaPortal last night, only happened the once, but not saw anything like that in a long time.

Using Lav Filters with CUVID enabled, might try and watch some more stuff see if it was a one off or not.

18. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    No problem with either of my GTX460s, sounds like something specific to your system or your card has problems.

19. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Yup i've had ATI cards in the past and lemme tell you, their drivers are much much worse. Just check out the ATI/AMD forum and you'll see what i mean. esp. when dealing with dual card setups - crossfire drivers are abysmal.

Remember people, 295.51 is only a beta after all. If you want a little more stability wait for the WHQL later on this month.

The way i got 295.51 to work was to use Custom Install option. Uncheck the physx driver because it is broken. Install the rest of the drivers in the list then install an older standalone physx driver (9.11.1107 is the one im using) and it works fine now.

20. EaglePC

EaglePC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 5700
    YEAH

My Monitor SAMSUNG S27A750D 27" Now plays games in 3D

THANK YOU NVIDIA for passive 3D:banana: