GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. GPU

GPU Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780scsli ek 2x655 ek
    I did a clean load
    -deleted from device manager
    -driver sweeper in safe mode -tons of files -reboot[first time in the last 3-4 drivers]
    -ran cc reg. cleaner -5 files -reboot
    -set sli -reboot
    -set up nv cp -reboot
    played bf3 64 caspian for 30 min. the IQ looked better to me
    -no issues
    -bf3 config in nvcp looked normal

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    All I did was run the 290.36 BETA .exe and I just did a custom install and clicked the "Clean Install", that's it.

As soon as it finished, I enabled SLI, I restarted and played Battlefield 3, no issues at all.

3. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    i wish they would release a driver optimized for folding.

4. korwegian

korwegian New Member

GPU:
    Voodoo 2
    Doh! Skyrim performance is still the same. And my massive artifact attacks in BF3 is as persistant as ever :(

5. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    if you had 10 cores it would use 10% of each. If it used ALL cores as in "uses 10 cores" it would use 10 cores to their maximum, read at least 80% per core. It's no secret, that engine uses only two threads, if you have 2 cores or 8 - performance is the same.

6. daveab

daveab New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 480
    Oh, I agree. Not complaining here.

Just find it odd that they always said it was hardware limitation, then it's obviously fixed in theses drivers for me at least, without a word about it.

In fact, it's still in the release notes for these drivers and not removed..

7. djmorgan

djmorgan Member Guru

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    Yes I echo a big whoopie! :) about using two monitors and in my case SLI, the annoyance of the primary card running 3D all the time has gone! now both cards throttle back to 50 mhz when quiet... I had to read all of nVidia release notes as I thought I was dreaming but they make NO mention of the fix, I just hope it stays fixed.

Oh! happy days my performance in Heaven BM also shot up over a 1000 points

David

8. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    ffs, running more than one display can't be done on low 2d clocks, deal with it. having something like 2x1680x1050 needs low 3d at least. It's a feature, not a bug. Been there forever since it was introduced with low 2d clocks.

by low I mean today's single display low. You can't expect the card to run at 100mhz core and 300mhz memory and power something like 4500x2400 resolution since aero IS accelrated by gpu.

9. L1zzard250

L1zzard250 Member

GPU:
    2-EVGA GTX 590 1.5GB
    290 Beta Drivers

I am running 2 GTX 590's in Quad SLI and every time I enable Quad SLI in the Nvidia control panel i get the BSOD. The system does not crash it simply looses the video and the screen goes blank. Quad SLIers beware. If I do not enable quad SLi and run only 1 590, it seems to work. This could be isolated toquad SLI only. I am interested to hear from others running the same setup.

10. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Master Guru

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    These are working fine here in Skyrim, SC2 and BF3.

I recommend to do a lengthy install to ensure you don't get any weird problems/conflicts.
    ie.
    -uninstall old drivers (windows control panel)
    -reboot
    -reboot again (if wdm drivers installed)
    -install new drivers (select 'clean install')
    -reboot (even though windows doesn't ask you too)
    -install your 3rd party utilities (Inspector, precision etc)

11. aayman_farzand

aayman_farzand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    59 hertz bug fixed!

12. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    FYI, it still says in 3D mode for me. I need to use this,
    [​IMG]
    Soon as I uncheck the target GPU it clocks back up from 51mhz.

13. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    This is the first time ive seen a problem with a driver in a while. I used the standard AO setting within the driver rather than inspector to see what it was all about. It did look pretty much the same as fallout 3 profile in inspector, which was too dark for my liking. I use the oblivion 4 profile for skyrim because it works best for me. So, when I tried to enable the oblivion profile through inspector instead of the nvidia (fallout 3) contorl pannel, it bogs the fps to 1 per sec. Then going straight to a driver has stopped responding error. It would do this when loading the level/save. Restarting the pc or setting everything to default did not fix it. The only thing that worked was uninstalling the 290 and installed back to the 285.79 then enabling the oblivion profile for AO like I had before. It seems that this driver only wants you to use the one forced through the control pannel. Anything else messes it up big time.

14. Aveon

Aveon Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    It was not a bug , as Manuel G said ..

15. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX2080 Ti OC
    BF3 is vsync'ed to 120hz at present, still 99/99% lol. Never seen below the high 90's in other games also, vsync or no vsync. I guess you must have adaptive set in your CP? Regardless its obviously not a problem, because these drivers run the same as if not better than the previous betas for me.

16. gamerFreak

gamerFreak Member

GPU:
    SLI 560Ti
    does this drivers including the 285.79 beta SLI profiles in them?

17. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX2080 Ti OC
    AO doesn't function well in Skyrim anyway, I think it looks better without it. Come to think of it, only time I've seen AO work well is when the game has the option built in and is properly coded for it.

18. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Please delete.

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Dito. Thanks for the tip on this one, I was getting tired of having potplayermini.exe clock up my gfx to 3d clocks.

20. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    No issues for me. Drivers run great if not better than the last WHQL even. Oh well, some are lucky I suppose.

There must be a trend though for the users who are experiencing issues. Though I dont know what it is. Everyone has there own method of installing/uninstalling their drivers.

1)unintsall drivers
    2) reboot in safe mode and driver sweeper, reboot
    3) install new drivers, reboot.
    4) enjoy.

Doesn't take long really and i know this is the standard for most. if you dont do this, perhaps you should before moaning about the issues you are having. (I say that to the people who do not use this method, before I am flamed).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011