GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    Rocksolid drivers! 15% faster in every benchmark! Skyrim runs smooth as silk! Not a single crash!

Driver cleaner/sweeper...never had any problems with these! Always using them....

Best drivers so far for my gtx570 sli system...:)

2. neoman

neoman New Member

GPU:
    MSI Forzr II GTX560TI SLI
    Seems to be stable driver. No flickering or glitches in BF3 as far as i can tell. Keeper for now.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    ROFL it seems both Nvidia and AMD reps are on the forum

just so you know... if there was a FPS limiter in these I'd make a Thank you Nvidia thread :)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I can't get the green square indicator to turn off with forced FXAA for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath with the v290.36 betas. This game is OpenGL but all the others I've tested, which do NOT show the indicator, have been DirectX. Can somebody else please check this? Thanks.

5. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    wtf is with this driver, my overclocks with MSI afterburner won't stick. It just reports default clocks.

6. daveab

daveab New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 480
    Using the latest MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 9 and my overclock won't stick in the #1 profile slot either after closing it. Finally tried it with the #2 slot, works and saves just fine. Not sure if it's with these drivers, or MSI Afterburner itself.

Just started happening though since using 2.2.0 beta 9.

7. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    on my case it removed the airtefacts in bf3 but with a bonus extra speed but i played 10 to 15 minutes and sudenly the game pufffff bsod the lcd got all blue this didnt hapened with the other betas wtf nvidia and STIL ONLY 44 24 60 ON MAXIMUM GPU USAGE IN MWF3 WHEN THEY WIL FIX THIS WAIT I KNOW ON THE NEXT YEARS WHEN THE GAME WIL BE FORGOTEN BECOUSE OF ITS OLD AGE im only mad becouse bf3 i can stil play the game very well at least for me its good and the good them thing crashes mdwf3 stupid gpu usage NVIDIA PLEASE WAKE UP becouse even my laptop ati 5165 can do beter in mdwf3

8. judicator

judicator Member

GPU:
    PNY 3090 RTX Revel
    Diablo III beta this driver causes artifacting and display abnormalities, crashing the driver and the game almost instantly.

9. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I was just thinking is it me, or did these drivers completely make game bloomy and overly bright.

10. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    The drivers were good for most of my games, but my main priority is Battlefield 3, and these are not good on the GTX580's, at least not for me, it would sometimes drop the GPU usage to like 40%-50% and make it unplayable at 30-45fps.

Rolled back to 285.62 WHQL, they're smooth as butter.

11. So3oL4Nu

So3oL4Nu New Member

GPU:
    GTX 465
    What Diablo II beta are you talking man ?! Dreaming or what ?

On topic: Drivers seems to be more stable. I stick with them for the moment.

12. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Seems faster in 3D Mark 11 will test on gaming to see how it compares to the last WHQL.

P1057
    Graphics 995
    Physics 1637
    Combined 1002

GT1 4.50
    GT2 4.54
    GT3 6.18
    GT4 3.13
    PT 5.20
    CT 4.66

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2284176

13. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 960m 2GB
    He said the Diablo 3 beta not 2.

14. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

NVIDIA Update does ****NOT**** automatically update your driver. It only:

1. Notifies you of new drivers being released so you can download them from the website
    2. Checks for profile updates for SLI/AA/AO/Optimus and gives you the *option* to update them.

15. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

FXAA that works in a programmatic way (i.e. enabled via the driver) is always going to operate on the final 2D image, just before it hits your display. This means it gets applied to the HUD and UI text, which can be good or bad. The driver can't definitively know what is HUD and what is not.

FXAA that is implemented *into a game* by the developers themselves can be run over the image before rendering the HUD, because the developers have absolute control what gets rendered and when. In this way they can avoid any blurring or problems that might occur when running a post process AA effect over the HUD/text.

16. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Not necessarily. Hardware means you're talking about the ability to push each pixel. Saying what you said is like saying "well of course you can push all the pixels on the screen by running the GPU at 1MHz, if you just make good enough software.

It simply can't be done... often you need a certain number of clocks to achieve certain tasks at acceptable levels in hardware.

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Holland isn't a race. I think you mean "prejudiced" or "bigot".

18. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

But ALL THOSE FILES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN IF THE NEW DRIVER REFERENCES THEM AT ALL IN ANY WAY!!!

Logically, if the new driver might use a certain DLL/file, then it must come with that DLL/file. If it comes with it, it will obviously overwrite the old one.

Also, the opposite is true... any file that the driver *does not come with* which may be left behind from a previous driver *will not be referenced* and therefore will not cause any problems.

It's basic logic.

19. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Oh really? What universe was that in? Also, in what universe did you, years ago, have the multitude of technologies relying on the GPU that you do today? The systems are more complex. The APIs are more complex. Developers have more freedom to explore areas of the API and hit corner cases that might not be well tested.

You used to be able to work on your own car 20 years ago too, but they've become too complex for that. Welcome to 2011.

Those packages are never the cause for a graphics driver or control panel issue. What do those have to do with the problems you're hitting... in any way, shape, or form?

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    2.1 it installs those profile updates silently (This update improves performance, stability, or feature set for programs and games.)