GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    anyone noticed that as of lately you don't even have to reboot, even with custom, clean installation?

I really do feel for the 19th century dwellers who prefer
    -> Device Manager - removing display adapter entering the Safe Mode,
    running CCleaner, Driver Sweeper, search for bla-blah, SHIFT-DELETE and whatnot :pipe:

2. Faks

Faks Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2GB
    sad but i have frame issues after clean install :D on all games :) rolled back to stable 285.62 and all games again work smooth makes me wonder ... go figure :nerd:

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nothing 19th Century about it, as long as Driver Sweeper is finding dozens of files left behind even after a clean installation i will continue to do it, doesn't hurt that i seem to get less driver issues than most people on here.

It's about peace of mind, and rulling out one extra thing incase something does go wrong, kinda reminds me of people who have a bath/shower before they go out, while others just put some extra aftershave/perfume on :wanker:

4. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Redemption i love your ways hell yeah

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    oh pluheeze white man,,, :)

and I suppose relocating virtual memory file on SSD reminds you of going into gym

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have had zero issues with this set. played sofar ...

Modern Warfare 3
    Call of Duty World @ War
    Black Ops
    Bad Company 2
    Battlefield 3
    Homefront
    Red Orchestra 2
    Serious Sam 3

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cheer ToyTen :)

Noisiv, wouldn't know, never owned one you dirty racist :wanker:
    Reading all these driver threads makes me think it certainly isn't a bad idea though, plus, and this is most important...if i do get an issue and i haven't done a proper uninstall, this rules out a driver conflict.

Handy/essential for someone like me who likes to show off PC games to console gamers, most who are just waiting for one error so they can shout "buggy overpriced crap" at it.

Your like one of those people who claims smoking for years doesn't give you cancer, or podgering lots of slutty girls won't give you aids.
    Just because you've been lucky doesn't mean what others have said is a lie :infinity:

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No we are talking about the actual profile is missing even if you select to show them all or use Nvidia Inspector, the profile is not there. I'm quite certain I know how to use the Nvidia Control Panel. Good for you it's working for you. I've never had problems with them before either. Why do think think I'm bringing it up now? Keerist...I could never do customer service. I'd end up shooting someone. :banana:

9. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    so guys did they they fix the problema with modern worfare 3 low gpu usage or what becouse that is a problem and bf3 stil airtfact becouse in the last ones it was less but stil there now dont tel me that they wil take more then a year like was bbf2 to fix the game problems

10. GoDi81

GoDi81 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TwinFrozr II
    Great, I cant get my problem fixed.
    But I have narrowed it down a bit, it is due because of nvidia is selecting a wrong hz for my display...
    Theres 1980x1200 59.95hz and 58.88hz in BF3, it automatically tries to select 58.88 and my display wont support it, and then it switches to 960x1200 60hz...

When the game starts, I first have to select some lower resolution, and then 1980x1200 59.95, if I choose 58.88hz version the screen goes to 960x1200 again....

But the problem it, it doesnt remember it, even after alt tabbing it tries to put it to 58.88hz and the screen is at 960x1200 again x(

Any ideas? These are the first drivers working without crashes for me in BF3 ;(

11. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Well I went back to 285.62 WHQL, as they seem more stable and smoother for Battlefield 3 in my computer, while 290.36 BETA sometimes would cut the fps in half (and also gpu usage) for no reason for like a few seconds, not much time, but enough to annoy me.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    let windows choose your hz, thats what i have been doing with each driver release
    right click on desktop > screen res > advanced

13. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Master Guru

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Precisely, many of us have had issues when not installing drivers using reboots or other methods that eliminate potential issues/conflicts. If they want to spend all their time troubleshooting issues that may or may not be due to a driver conflict, that is their choice I guess.

Tried these in BF3 yesterday and they feel slightly smoother than 285.79, also no bugs so far.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  14. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Not sure if I'm being paranoid here or not, but before the 285.62 WHQL were stuttering in BF3.

After uninstalling 290.36, and using Driver Sweeper in safe mode, installed 285.62 WHQL again, and they feel a lot smoother now, no more stuttering. :D

So I think Driver Sweeper does actually help. :)

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Yea there is a weird mouse jitter issue in TeamFortress2 with this set.. Its happening only at certain angles and most noticeable with Ambient Occlusion - on, and with vsync on or off.
    Its like they fuxed some internal mouse to gpu transition.. Raw mouse input on or off it doesnt matter, actually its even worse with raw input off.

Im still at 290.36, but i think i'll go back to 285.62 as well, i can't play TF2 like that.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

16. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I had to revert back to the other Beta's on my comp with a 430 in it due to the driver kept crashing and recovering while running TF2 in windows mode so I could work on stuff...didn't do that on the other set.

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    bf3 sp is playing great and looks great

18. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    Rtx 2080ti
    Keepers for me... in skyrim finally the work is divided equally on both gpus (45/60%)
    Before i had 285.38 working fully only one gpu and the other so low.
    Now the game it's really smooth...it's a pleasure...

i use driver sweaper too, an old version, never had problems i always made perfect drivers change.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I tried these and although there quite a good driver i rolled back to the 285.79 as they seem just a little more smoother and colours seem a tad better for me.

20. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

Terrible IQ in these drivers, Fonts are all messed up in 3d apps. BF3 its all fuzzy fonts, and the graphics appeared washed out, same in heaven benchmark.

These drivers fixed Heaven benchmark though with that random sparkle artifacts appearing, also increased min fps..DOUBLING it. wtf.

However, its a terrible driver for BF3 on GTX 580.

Edit:
    I found the problem with these drivers, DX11/10 mode gives the fuzzy text. If i switch to DX9 in games/heaven benchmark the text is fine and IQ goes back to normal. :bang:

Before with 285.79