GeForce 285.38 BETA (Battlefield 3 Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I am playing @ 1920x1080

Ultra settings, 4XMSAA, HBAO on, Vsync OFF

on the Metro map, at the start when outside I am getting min of 36fps and max of 63fps in certain areas.

Whilst inside the Metro station in the tunnels, I am getting around 50-70fps

Whilst outside after the Metro tunnels I am getting around 32fps min and 45fps max.

Not benchmarked just what I saw in the top corner using FRAPS.

It definitely needs a beast to run it 60fps or higher at max settings. This game begs for GTX580 SLi. I was going to grab my self a second GTX480, but whats the point when they are still stupidly over priced and newer card will be out in the beginning of next year anyways so it would be pointless. It is not as if the game is unplayable even with low fps in the 30's its still very very smooth and I consistently come top of my team so its not hindering my gameplay at all. Oh, did I mention the game is freaking AWESOME!!!! :p

2. Aveon

Aveon Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Thanks.

Guess I need to tone down the settings on my GTX 460 unless NVIDIA launches a better set of drivers.

3. snowdweller

snowdweller Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    I'm running on GTX580 sli's and i've maxed everything in game and Nvidia CP AF 16x, AA SLI 64x enhance, AA trans 16x with vsync on and my gpu usage wont go past 77% and CPU not past 75%.

I'm getting 60fps but it almost feels like it doesn't look as good as it could be and somewhere the settings aren't sticking. But I dunno maybe i'm over expecting and the game isn't that bad on hardware like bfbc2 wasn't.

EDIT: I am getting a system crashing to black screen and have to restart problem but I think that is because i need a new PSU

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. Nuja

Nuja Active Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    Anyone with this bug:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmyVOGNCiXs

I dont know if its orange tearing, something flashing (orange and sometimes white)
    Even without overclock I got it.
    config: gtx 580 forceware 285.38

5. RyuKeN

RyuKeN Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce TITAN
    Same bug sometimes

6. snowdweller

snowdweller Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Yeah I was but it was flashing green and it was in the subway

7. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Running the game here @ Ultra, 16xAF, 2xMSAA 1920x1080@120Hz (V-sync'd)

Outside im getting between 40~60FPS, inside the metro around ~60FPS.
    Very smooth for me .... then i wanted to check my temps and saw that i didnt activate SLI ... ROFL.

So today ill be running the game in SLI and hoping for even better frames ... then off to get some Nvidia Surround loving ..^^ :banana:

Edit:GTX480@815/1675/2002

8. poo417

poo417 Master Guru

GPU:
    I was getting good fps initially. After re-downlaoding the game I seem to have the same problem that most people are having with gpu use stuck around 50%. This is with surround. So gone back to one screen much better. As a point of note ultra settings are not enabled yet. So high and ultra are the same. Also unless you are running a card with more than 1.5 gb of ram forget trying to run more than 4 x msaa with the deferred AA. with high settings and 2 msaa 1.4 gig of ram used.

So people getting weird problems trying turning off all the **** fake AA that NV use and turn down in game AA you will probably find the game runs better.

I was at first able to run the game at ultra/high with 4 x msaa hbao on and it does look very good but maxed out vram meant very bad stuttering when something big happened on screen. I cannot wait to see the game when released with ultra enabled.

Again I am left with the feeling that nvidia just cannot nail drivers for fermi for some games. BC2 was terrible with surround for over a year. Bizarrely this driver is the best driver yet for bc2!

9. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    @Poo,

What kind of performance are you getting? cause about to buy 3x Iiyama 4273HDS monitors ( just wanna try surround for kicks.)

I know i have to downscale some settings, so AA will be off thats for sure.

10. remicius

remicius Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    it works perfectly for me.gpu usage around 80-95%.Res:2880x1620

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Ye, i got the same with BFBC2 even tho i manualy made a resolution in nVidia Control Panel wich goes to 60.002 Hz. But in BF it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Perhaps you could edit the Settings.ini like in BC2?

12. poo417

poo417 Master Guru

GPU:
    On single screen silly performance in the mid 100's - 190! On Tuesday I was getting good fps with all high 2 x msaa and ssao (lack of vram) around 55 - 80 at 6050 x 1080 and very good gpu use ~ 80-99%. Wednesday gpu use stuck around 50% crap performance and all settings so went single screen.

As above was for me too. Had to reinstall game now sh1t like many many people on the forum. It seems to be worse with surround. Not great but at least the game is good.

13. Lexcyn

Lexcyn New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6970 2GB
    I am getting good GPU usage but I have crazy texture flickering going in BF3 beta ... but I'm pretty sure it's the game and not driver, since other games have no issue.

I really don't think the beta is optimized that well ... since on Metro I get crap frames but when I could get into Caspian it was amazing.

14. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    I've gotten a few 'driver has stopped responding/recovered' errors since installing these drivers on my Asus G74SX laptop (GTX 560M). I haven't tried it on my desktop with dual GTX 580's (SLI) but plan to soon. I hope the problem does not show it's head there.

15. sebol84

sebol84 New Member

GPU:
    GTX560
    i've got about 5fps less in bf3 with these drivers than with 280.36 :/
    ...strange thing after few hours of gaming fps iv even better lol i mean its 2 fps higher than 280xx

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Been using for a week, SF4, NFSHP, CSS...works fine, nothing else to report.

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    This driver works like a charm. Smooth in BF3 Beta and RO2! No issues whatsoever with this driver and I am actually impressed with how well it runs...

18. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    Indeed... And we've almost similar system. Did the game set as default the "High Settings" for you too?

The freakin' game is unbelievably perfect.

19. Aveon

Aveon Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Please post your settings and performance.
    Damn my slow internet , I will not be able to get my hands on the BETA until evening.

20. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    specs ...see left.

getting 60/70 fps on 2560 x 1600 ultra 0X AA

However ive been told the beta only runs on medium settings ?
    Anyone can confirm this