GeForce 285.38 BETA (Battlefield 3 Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    im not surprised its crashes at those overclocks. your gfx card must look like a lump of molten metal hanging out of your pci-e slot lol.

2. Jlove3184

Jlove3184 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti
    Not necessarily. I've had the same problems and some other peeps also. Until I went back to 275.50. All is stable with 275.50. Bottom line is, the 280/285 driver series absolutely sucks. Nvidia hasn't corrected the driver crashing problems people have reported with neither of the 280/285 drivers.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    More likely to be some unusual conflict with some software and/or hardware you're using because I've had no issues with these drivers at all in any of the recent games I've been playing (FIFA 12, RAGE, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Rising 2: OTR, Driver: San Francisco). I'd imagine it's very annoying when that happens but I've been lucky enough to have had very, very few problems since I switched from AMD HD 5870 CFX to my GTX 580 last November. NVIDIA definitely have better drivers IMO.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well i'll say it again, 560TI (560gtx) and 460gtx (se,..) are low end - main stream gpus and yea they (nvidia) shifted all the work on the driver, no wonder it can have huge issues...
    Heh that's why i went with 570gtx in the first place.. I knew this from the past and my old 250gts.

And this 570gtx wasn't trouble less either, but at least i never had those crappy driver stopped responding issues..

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    :confused:
    Max temp at 920/4600 is under 60C.
    It has an Accelero Extreme cooler.
    Crysis 2 is a b*tch.

6. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    Drivers stops responding in Dragon Age 2 :bang:

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I 2nd this cooler, keeps my GTX480 @ 850/1700/2000 @ 1.1vddc under 60c even at full load for hours. Only seen it go to 64c when we had really hot weather a few weeks ago and that was after 4 hours of BF3 beta!!!

Also, on topic of these drivers, these are meant for BF3 beta but since its over now I went ahead and tried them in a few games of BFBC2 and OMFG!!! They are amazing!!!

1080p, 8XAA, Max settings, DX11, HBAO on and it never dips below 125fps even on a full Conquest server!!!

Obviously since these are designed for the Frostbite 2.0 engine and BC2 is on the Frostbite 1.5 engine so the performance improvements are tenfold on the older engine!

8. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I get crashes in Crysis 2 with this driver aswell... regardless of OC

9. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
  10. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3070Ti
    those who get crashes in crysis 2 you're not alone guys... I was taking crashes too and I googled it and what i have learnt is that card voltage had to be increased for stability. its the driver that causes this.

11. thementor

thementor Member

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLi
    So the drivers don't control card vcore well ?

12. thementor

thementor Member

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLi
  13. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Yeah, I got 2x EVGA GTX580 just 2 days ago and found out this problem too. :bang:

Other than that I am loving having Nvidia cards. :)

14. Phan-Thomas

Phan-Thomas Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 580GTX Water Cooled
    I just dowloaded Nvidia Inspector and it says my card is at 0.963 V though the slider is at 1.088 V. that confuses me. Should I still raise it?

EDIT: Ok, when actually running a game it goes up to 1.088 V, that makes some sense now.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea because its in low power state P-8 or P-12 (low 3d 400mhz or low2d 51mhz) in that time..
    Btw when you raised your voltage it also raised your default low power voltage as well.. Imo it would be best to make a separate 2d profile with default voltage instead of this one atm (you're overvolting low 2d/low 3d state for no reason)..

16. Phan-Thomas

GPU:
    EVGA 580GTX Water Cooled
    I did not increase the voltage yet. I am very careful with these things, usually I keep my hands off it, but if it is the only way to have Crysis 2 running stable, then I will try it.

17. Phan-Thomas

GPU:
    EVGA 580GTX Water Cooled
    Ok, I used Afterburne to create two profiles, one for 2D and one for 3D just as recommended and so far it runs great, no crahses on Crysis 2. I just finished three missions without a hitch. I really think that did it.

But still, there has to be another patch to solve those terrible performance issues in multiplayer, it is really a shame atm.

18. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC
    Any performance problems are simply solving with disable powermizer option. Just download this tool and change all settings at Max. Performance mode, Min. Power Save. It will change registry keys and don't let GPU and memory freq to go down, it will always set at maximum speed without any step changing. It's like C1E support on Intel CPUs, when disable it we have fixed core freq for all time, freq will not go down when CPU is not using.

19. Phan-Thomas

GPU:
    EVGA 580GTX Water Cooled
    This is so effed up, I am getting more and more angry and confused the more stuff I try out.

I tired that Powermizer and for Crysis 1 it kind of solved every problem I had with it: Stuttering, low framerate (even in 1280x720). Now, in 1920x1080 it runs super-smooth as I always expected it to play, looking at the hardware I have.

For Crysis 2: It only runs smooth in windowed mode. Switching to windowed and back doesn't work here. If I run it in Window mode, it runs super-smooth in dx 11 on Ultra with 1920x1080, going to fullscreen kills the performance again.

What is going on? You can see my frustration mainly in that way that I started playing Crysis and Crysis 2 on my Xbox 360 ^^. The framerate is lower and it looks a bit inferior, but damn it just RUNS without problems. Even the multiplayer.

I really hope that we get another patch or maybe it is just an nvidia issue because my friend, who is all ATI, has no issues in Sp or MP in Crysis 2.

20. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    If your framerate is halved when going in full screen you may be experiencing the refresh rate bug that Crysis 2 has.
    Are you connected by hdmi by any chanche?
    Try to go fullscreen, go in options, then enable vsync, accept changes, then disable it. Or do the inverse if you have it enabled.
    See if that fixes your problem.
    Or create a custom resolution of 1919x1080@60hz and use it in fullscreen with Crysis 2.