GeForce 285.27 BETA Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bradders684, Sep 13, 2011.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I also see now in Afterburner that the P state is hanging at P2 during idle. Going back to 280.36. Perhaps the WHQL will work out better, after all this is a Beta.

2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    ok i think i found something..it doesnt go to 2d state here as i forced it to test also it doesnt throtle when default..

as soon as i make fullschreen and the picture shows it stutters..well stay in fullscreen now and just seek a bit to the left or right..like a few sec´s..and voila..its fluid again..not perfect but more then 30 frames..

checked with more browsers..seems to happen to em all..even to the 64bit adobe flash..so its deffo something with adobe flash and nvidias driver..maybe just a little bug..hopefully..

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. Torch'em

Torch'em Member

GPU:
    3 x 480GTX
  4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hahahha..

@ ROadKillNL

here saw this over @ EVGA Forums..looks like NVidia does know about this and sayd in realese notes u need to update adobelol..

quote:
    so..u dont need to downgrade the drivers mate...
    I have it to cause i didnt update adobe , lol..so worth a try..
    OMG. i still have adobe flash 10.x installed not even 11.x

hope u read this, hehe..

get it here:

i just tested it and wohoo..works like a charm..all fluid..

*good one we got that sortet out now, eh?*

5. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I had adobe flash 11.0.x installed and when I minimized a HD video on youtube and went back to full screen I had no video until I seeked a few seconds to get the video back.

6. Tetraflux

Tetraflux Banned

GPU:
    yo i saw/experienced that too, btw Flash 11.0.3.xx something isn't affected, well at least it says so in nv rls notes...

edit: lol i saw you figured it out :nerd:

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Yeah but im having stuttering and low fps in fraps recorded videos on my pc too which I dont get at all with old drivers so its not just adobe flash videos.

8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    If i watch a youtube video, then i put it to fullscreen and the video starts to play in slow motion, like a pentuim 2 PC.

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    all fine with fraps videos here..
    normal drop when recording ingame and when watching the raw avi files from fraps i have no stuitter..plays back @ 1920x1080 with 85frames and 85hz on my monitor with no single stutter..

10. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Actually WoW pushes the GPU tech more than many recently released games. It has a pretty taxing shadow option, as well as DX11 support.

Granted it's the same old models and textures.

You must be thinking of the 2004 WoW.

11. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    Anyone managed to install these amazing drivers in Win 8?

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    Try Flash 11 RC 1... I haven't seen more responsive Flash video so far. It's extremely smooth and on 1080p video, the switching normal/full screen is plain instant.

13. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Just tested rift with those drivers I'm getting nearly 50fps In Sanctum!!! :banana:

keepers for me.

14. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC
    [sarcasm]

Oh, you right, how could I be mad about this little "nothing"? I really like the uneeded loud noise and the extra waste of power when a java application or a flash video is running or when I scroll down a news page!

[/sarcasm]

OK, maybe my GPU fan is crappy, but it was OK (not noticeable) on idle with older drivers and even many many years ago with a single cored cpu and a geforce 3 some basic things like java, flash and browsing could be used without that crappy, modern and unwanted accelaration features.

For people who are using their PC only to run games and benchmarks this driver is very good.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The "driver not responding" issue seemed to occur with certain games. Until I installed the 280.36 betas and played Deus Ex: Human Revolution I hadn't seen it in years and if I had had the issue previously then I don't recall it, that's how rare it was. With DX:HR, when I reached the Alice Gardens Pod section of the game I was inundated with crashes after just a few minutes, due to the driver failing to respond. Fortunately, I was able to pass that part by switching from DX11 to DX9 temporarily and I never saw it again even though I'm back to using DX11.

Bad drivers or buggy game? Maybe a bit of both? Your pick!

16. Johnny316

Johnny316 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DCII
    That is quite weird because I actually got the driver not responded once on the last WHQL drivers, and on that same game, Deus EX.

When it gave me that, I decided to restart my pc, and it never gave me the error again.

It is a very rare occasion that you do see this error, so I was quite surprised to even see it.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Even if it's a Flashplayer issue there is still another bug with these Drivers. When i'm idle on Desktop normaly it goes back to i believe 51 Mhz Core Clock. But i't seems stuck in P2 State wich is 4XX Mhz.

18. Tetraflux

Tetraflux Banned

GPU:
    Hm everything is ok here when im idling on desktop, it goes to P12 state (low2d) and stays there..

But now when im writing this it jumped to full3d (1-2sec) then back to low3d and its at this low3d atm..
    Imo its much better then with any 280.xx so far.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    "Driver not responding" happens exceptionally easy for me when I have my clocks set too high, especially in DX11 games. Everything that's just a little too taxing normally results in that error.
    Lower clocks or better cooling fix that problem completely for me. As some drivers will put more stress on your system than others the error will show much more easily on those too.

20. GoDi81

GoDi81 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TwinFrozr II
    On EVGA GTX 570 HD these scewed up my system, that or my card broke down...
    Any clocks on 3D Mark Vantage end up crashing it after 30 mins or so, screen is Filled with artifacts...
    Tested COD Black Ops, everything was fine untill suddenly the screen halted, then after 1min it came back, and clocks have went down to 400, alt tabbed to switch back to 800, it just went back to 400 when I got back to game, and after that, screen filled with artifacts.... :(

I toke out the adaptive performance, that seemed to solve it in COD, but still, 3D Mark Vantage is filled with artifacts and crashes... :(