Geforce 280.26 WHQL Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by saec, Aug 9, 2011.

1. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    It still plays fine for me, though I don't play in 3D or surround anymore (that got old pretty quick).

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No problems here...

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Really shame because apart from the crashes it works really well.

4. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I just got Serious Sam HD : First Encounter and I've noticed that performance tanks when there's water around. I'm running SLI.
    Is this a known problem? IS there any way to fix this?

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Installed the new drivers and so far so good on the 2 games i acutal play, dont have the adaptive power problem cause I dont have that feature on my card and windows 7 acts just the same it does with last driver there were whql

6. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Noticed the 59Hz bug is back for me.

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Dragon Age 2 is running great with these, perfect 60fps performance all the way with every setting at max. This is a huge improvment, because I had 60fps with my single ATI 5870 from the get go, so this was obviously some driver bug either with AO or tesselation to do with?

8. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    So, who doesn't play Dragon Age II should stay away from these? I don't really understand people who have their system working perfectly, their games running well but they still upgrade the driver everytime Nvidia rolls one out. Then it's the black screen and the roll back.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    well in hope its the same as old + few extra speedup tweaks/optimizations and maybe some old wounds finally patched/fixed?

I like 270.xx but it has a flaw or two..So i want something better, doh :D

10. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Only CPU clocked to 4GHZ. I tried it at stock speeds and it still crashes. There goes my Saturday evenings starring at 3DMark11 loops.

Just tried 2 levels, Oasis and Memphis Sewers. Ran fine. What FPS drop do you see?

11. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Try Valley of Kings or the beggining level of Oasis, you'll see right away what I'm talking about.
    By the way If you're running at 1080p you'll see that the game drops from 180-200 fps to 50-55.
    Now, I'm running at 6000x1080 it drops from 100-110 to 17fps.
    Well, searching through the net, I've found that's an old bug that neither Croteam or Nvidia bothered to fix.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  12. KingCobra

KingCobra Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX660ti SLI
    Just loaded up the game on my 460sli and 560ti systems and I didn't see the slowdown your experiencing. I also run at 1080p with high settings. Very curious, although I have had water rendering cause problems in the past with certain games with certain drivers. The early days of the half-life2 engine come to mind.

13. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Open up fraps or msi afterburner and test in one of the levels I've mentioned.
    In that zones peformance tanks a lot compared to the other zones. And don't forget to test with vsync off, and ultra settings.

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    no, i just have one monitor hooked up. however this afternoon they are both downclocking ... weird, must have just been a glitch.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i think it is a SLi specific issue, i have the same slow downs around water ...

16. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Ok I see it now. I wasn't monitoring the FPS so it felt smooth. I turn away from the water and i'm in the 220s, face the water 58-60.

I remember this water bug that plagued dual-gpu users. Had it on my 4870X2.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I never ran into that bug in SLI and I played on that level many times in any driver releases. But then I have all my profiles for games installed config thru nvidia inspector instead of the default nvidia predefine settings for the game profiles.

18. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    Great driver!

BFBC2 increased by 6 fps, The Witcher 2 runs much better. I'd say its an improvement over 275.33,my previous driver. Note however, i excluded HD audio, 3D vision driver and 3D vision controller in the installation. I don't know if this had a positive effect.

19. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I know it's something to do with windows rounding up numbers or not (in Win7, 59Hz is actually 59.94Hz), but in everyday use what difference does 59hz vs 60hz make ? I haven't encountered any problems or issues eventhough windows system info say 1920x1200@59Hz and speccy says 1920x1200@60Hz :3eyes:

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Generally, there isn't any problem but I know of at least one game, Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, which greyed out the v-sync option because it detected my monitor as 59 Hz not 60 Hz. The workaround was to force v-sync through the driver or D3DOverrider. The 2011 sequel did not have this bug though.