Geforce 280.26 WHQL Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by saec, Aug 9, 2011.

1. saec

saec Guest

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Cheers Saec.

3. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    It seems nvidia releasing drivers so frequently....

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    oh what the frack....... just installed the other ones this morning, now trying these ones, seeing I had problems with other one this morning(3 times I got windows explorer stoped responding)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

5. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    These are WHQL GeForce, others are for developers with OpenGL 4.2

6. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I'm going for a clean installation. With 280.x drivers I don't have any problem with BFBC2 or Witcher 2. But, I would certainly prefer to have glitches on games than the entire Windows. Damn. I guess nothing has changed in relation to bad behavior on Adaptive Apps...

It's unacceptable WHQL release with such a bug.

Seemingly the so called "early September" release, it's going to be the most interesting driver in last few months. We can't do anything but wait... In the meantime, actually, I've disabled Hardware Acceleration on Fx and changed Windows Theme from Aero to Classic. lol

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    According to the release notes the only fix over the previous 280.19 betas are for the Crysis 2 SLI flickering issue.

I'm downloading these and will install later as it is always nicer to have WHQL certified drivers. I was tempted by the newer 280.28 betas but since they only add OpenGL 4.2 there doesn't seem much point, though they might come in handy for Rage next month...

8. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    no problems here !:banana:

9. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Little point installing these, as 280.28 are out and they are newer. WHQL doesn't mean much.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    True, but the 280.28 betas are developers drivers which only add OpenGL 4.2 and there's no telling if that breaks other older OpenGL games so for now I'm sticking with the WHQLs. If they'd contained other fixes and performance improvements then I might have tried them.

11. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Do these drivers fix that MoHTier/BFBC2 issue with black squares suddenly covering people etc ?

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    it won't break older stuff, but yea there is a high chance it will because of their so called injection tricks/risks/ hacks..

Btw they added new openGL strings for all openGL languages, 2, 3 and 4..Not just 4.2.

13. killfactor

killfactor Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    The previous beta 280.xx drivers fixed this issue for me and the other issues with 275.xx drivers I had in BBC2 with 2x GTX275 SLI.

Since about 270 or 275 drivers I started getting fast flickering, invisible models (soldiers) and black square which totally made BBC2 unplayable.

The 280 series fixed these, I played for 3 or 4 hours and no issues, I cant say about this release but the previous 280 beta was ok for me.

14. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    How does it feel with these in BFBC2?

Was performance regression fixed for GTX 570-580-590? Not for 550 only!

Can't test right now - I'm at work :(

15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    ehh... go to sleep and Nvidia releases new drivers in the middle of the night.

Going to test them on a 430 and a 570 SC

Edit:

Look fine on both cards/systems right now.

Heaven benched on the 570 tested just 2 points lower than the beta's but that's no big deal could have been anything to throw that off. So I'd say they are about as equal... I'll test against Crysis 2 and TF2 (seeing artifacts in that game sometimes) and see what it looks like later.

16. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    working great here

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    If you guys actualy read the release notes you will see this nice shinny list of SLI game releated issues:

Multi-GPU Issues
    [Optimus], Notebook GPUs: With the NVIDIA GPU display set as the secondary
    Dualview display, a YouTube HD video in full‐screen mode is blank the first time it is
    played. [830121]
    [SLI]: The NVIDIA Control Panel reports that the first GPU is not installed in a highperformance
    PCIe slot. [816555]
    This message can be ignored. It is an obsolete message that no longer applies, and will be
    removed in a future driver release.t
    [SLI]: Homefront– with SLI is enabled, shadows flicker in the game. [793851]
    [SLI], 3D Vision: 3‐way SLI is slower than 2‐way SLI in 3D Vision mode.
    [3D Surround], GeForce 500/400 series: Two displays from the Surround group go
    blank upon enabling extended view on a display connected to the non‐Surround
    group GPU. [806615]
    [3‐way SLI], GeForce 500 series: Displays connected to the HDMI connection on the
    second or third GPU cannot be enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [753685]
    To workaround, enable the displays using the Windows Display Settings page.
    [SLI], GeForce 500 series: Crysis 2–weapons are not drawn correctly at the ʺSeat of
    Powerʺ level. [835987]
    [3D Surround], GeForce 400 series: With three displays connected and enabled, after
    connecting a fourth display, if cannot be enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
    [797056]
    [SLI], GeForce 400 Series: Dragon Age 2–shadows glitches occur. [834591]
    Release 280 Graphics Drivers for Windows - Version 280.26 RN-W28026-01v01 | 11
    Changes in Version 280.19
    [SLI], GeForce 400 series: After restart the system, the PhysX processor setting on the
    Set SLI and PhysX configuration page switches from “Auto” to “GPU.” [762651/790885]
    [SLI], GeForce 200 Series: F.E.A.R–poor SLI performance. [848005]
    [SLI], GeForce 200 Series: Crysis 2–the game flickers when both PhysX and SLI are
    enabled. [839002]

The question begs to ask: Knowing there are so many SLI game related issues, why do you guys still insist on buying into SLI?

18. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I'll take these. :)

19. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @maleficarus
    Cheap performance :p

20. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    So far so good.

I didn't use the 280.xx beta drivers before this one ( was it .19? )

But the 275.50 ones were F-ing retarded in Chrome, videos would randomly lag and start to judder, my mouse seemed to lag on the desktop and general browsing made my PC seem like it only had 512mb or ram or something.

Everything is silky smooth with these.

I've heard a lot of people complain about broswer problems with drivers etc but 275.50 was the first time I've experienced it and I would gladly have had a firstful of game bugs than retarded internet bugs so these are keepers for that alone.

I'll run a bench of Dirt 3 to see if there are any hidden performance gains.

I don't bother benching it with vsync off because the average is well above 60 but my min frames when benching with vsync on and triple buffering are 55-56 and even a 5 frame drop is noticeable when your thrashing along at 150kph etc so I'm hoping for the dream 60 frame min...

Not playing many other games, at least none with benchmarks anyway.