Geforce 280.19 Beta Driver Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sean_skroht, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Witcher 2 working great here now... this driver combined with the new patch. 50fps everything maxed out 1920x1200, silky smooth :)

2. JimBobb

JimBobb Active Member

Same here, no Problems runs fine.

3. brandonspikes

brandonspikes Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TI Twin Frozr
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well i used 275.36 and it was ok, but then i went back to 270.90 the most stable from all and like i said i never heard my gpu until now with 280.19..

edit: now that i woke the pc from sleep it looks like its ok, far less fluctuations- only 1 -2 times in the whole 10min monitoring it, and this is how it should be..

You see that full 3D to low3D, etc isn't normal, far from it.

This is "normal" now:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have youtube open in its own tab + 4 other tabs (including photobucket - it looks browsing intense), while before i had nothing only 2 tabs open - guru3d forum and nvidia forum and got that mess..

anyway i think im gonna go back to r270 again, these 280.19 are far below my expectations.

For what 2 -3 fixes and numerous new, lmao typical nv. They better change their driver writing stuff/or let them go through writing basics again because this is getting stupid.

also now you can't force 16xAF in Crysis2 dx11, because they found out it glitches like so in this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yib-QNsvOqs

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

5. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
  6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    ManuelG can suck it.

Instead of actually listening to the issues reported, he keeps saying some irrelevant $hit..

//rant over.

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    What ? the 280.19 will be re-released as a WHQL ? But with no improvements.

I just noticed that with this driver my card runst a little hot now, about 3 degrees higher that the 275 driver.

8. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Thing is, does TF2 still eventually cause the driver to crash-recover that seems a common problem for many? :3eyes:

TF2 is the ONLY game of many I play that does that, so hoping 280 eliminates it!

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    im having the same issue as you are but when it happens to me, i have nothing running on the desktop except afterburner. all programs and web browsers are closed and im still getting gpu usage spikes. i submitted a bug report to nvidia and got an email suggesting i disable hardware acceleration. but the thing is, whats being accelerated when no web pages are opened.

i did what was asked and that seemed to take care of the problem. but like i said, how can anything be accelerated when i have nothing open but afterburner.

the odd thing is, if i revert back to 270.61 and re enable hardware accleration, i dont have this issue at all.

10. JimBobb

JimBobb Active Member

This is an Application Bug. Also with AMD cards, they can not expect the NVIDIA is fixed all Faults by Drivers.
    The Witcher 2 was a similar Case.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti

Bf3 is awesome, and is running nice with these new drivers.

also your post made me giggle :3

12. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Why I game in "year later mode." lol Cheaper by then anyway. :infinity:

13. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    hey infinity7_00 and brandonspikes, can you guys rezise your screen shots to 1280x1024. figured i say something about it before a mod does.

14. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Well i dont see any "GPU Spikes" with Afterburner !

DA2 is silky smooth now and Crysis 2 DX11 doesnt crash anymore, so there is surely alot of improvement with this driver on my rig ;0)

The only thing i really need is a solution with the shadows in The Witcher 2 when playing in 3D ...

15. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    cant do jack about the shadows until nvidia fixes it.

16. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    I don't like this driver, I lose 3-5 fps in every game and I see a lot stuttering -.-"

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i don't either when its idle at desktop, but what i see is weird voltage/clock usage in adaptive apps like firefox, when instead it should be in low power/freq. 3D all the time heh.. when i had my pc in sleep and woke up it seemed to fixed it, another user at nv saw the same thing, so at least the know where to look..

anyway it doesn't matter anymore, they better fix this until whql :nerd:

18. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    You might be right. Cinebench open gl bench is down 5.3 fps for me vs 270.33.

74.19fps

280.xx beta

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Well shouldn't the default ingame extreme mode use AF anyway? But instead i saw blurred trilinear filtering so i forced AF and got that in video.. it was "ok" in other places so its not all the time. This was with 270 and 275 driver, i didn't try it with these 280 yet, but since they mentioned it in rls notes i doubt its changed..

yea strange, sorry to hear..

its fine here @ idle, i had nothing open except afterburner for ~ 15min and not a single micro gpu usage spike (at 0%) and low 2d freq./voltage all the time.

20. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    No big issues with this driver. Just the F1 2010 texture bug with sli on with 580gtx sli..:)