Geforce 280.19 Beta Driver Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sean_skroht, Jul 28, 2011.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    from the link

Windows driver version 280.28 and Linux drivers version 280.10.01.02 provide full support for OpenGL 4.2 and GLSL 4.20 on capable hardware. This driver also supports several new OpenGL extensions for both 4.2-capable GPUs and older GPUs. The driver download links are at the bottom of this page.

OpenGL 4.2 Driver Release Notes

You will need any one of the following Fermi based GPU to get access to the OpenGL 4.2 and GLSL 4.20 functionality:
    • Quadro Plex 7000, Quadro 6000, Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000, Quadro 2000, Quadro 600
    • GeForce 500 series (GTX 590, GTX 580, GTX 570, GTX 560 Ti, GTX 560, GTX 550 Ti, GT 545, GT 530, GT 520)
    • GeForce 400 series (GTX 480, GTX 470, GTX 465, GTX 460 SE v2, GTX 460 SE, GTX 460, GTS 450, GT 440, GT 430, GT 420, 405)

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    It means more then just registering with Microsoft. They test it for bugs and glitches in windows. Comes to no surprise that I had 7 "driver not responding" errors in windows7-64bit. That to me means the driver although good for gaming has issues in windows. I have never, ever had a driver not responding issue with Nvidia when using WHQL drivers.

WHQL actually means something. It is not just some teller stamp like from the bank...I should have known better!

3. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Yeh, I had multiple driver errors using Win7 and Firefox particularly using GTX560 (different machine). It is definitely related to 280.19 driver because 275.33 an 275.50 do not exhibit the problem and it appear immediately after install and disappear after rollback

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've had a few driver not responding issues with whql drivers 275.33 was particularly bad for that with 3D Mark11 and Fluidmark.

Likely a gpu mem issue, but with 280.19 it hasn't happened yet.

When it comes to drivers, never listen to anyone else about what to use, they don't have the same hardware/operating system/games as you, so will end up with different results.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    QFT
    /thread owned

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    this is what nv had to say about AA issue or AF issue with certain older/newer games, really? just lol:bang:

my reply..
    And he was talking about Deadspace and NFSHP (deferred lightning) AA hack, remember all those AA issues back with 26x.xx even with early 270.xx on older gpu's? yep because of this AA hack.. They sacrificed AntiAliasing stability/or completely destroyed it by some games just for this NFSHP AA hack:rolleyes:.. and even now there are some consequences, in this case by Avatar and 3dmark vantage (in 1st Jane dash test).. both with enabled AA, both experience kinda the same AA bugs (its like flashing glare star fx at certain angle /surface or circle black rings popping randomly)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbUfan04hs&feature=player_detailpage#t=22s
    observe that room upstairs next to ION sign on the right and those glare star fx on top of that observing tower :pc1:lol

also at end when the boat takes off you can see kinda like artifacting circles and squares popping..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbUfan04hs&feature=player_detailpage#t=94s

or by avatar - first 5 sec in the distance on the right and later some glare like sun reflection fx, just like by 3dmark vantage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xncIB7N0dhI&hd=1

looks like bloom+aa bug, 3dmark uses the same kind of bloom like Avatar..

At first NV ManuelG said its game engine fault by Avatar, apparently they tried on ATI and it did the same? lol

Then i said i doubt very much because it was fine with 250gts, but yea slower with AA enabled so i disabled it.
    After that i mentioned this 3dmark vantage issue having the same bug with AA, and only then he said about them making certain decisions/tricks/hacks that can break stuff..

which i knew all along.

lol i still find it funny how he at first he tired to blame the engine, just so i would let it go, but then he admitted they made some hacks and it did what it did :3eyes:

...Idk if you ask me nv sucks really bad lately..-_- but i see AMD is just as bad, which is just sad:biggun:

7. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    It doesn't mean much, because the fact is NVIDIA should be testing the drivers for such issues themselves... not leaving it up to Microsoft. Microsoft didn't design the hardware, NVIDIA did. So it's no wonder that most WHQL releases still have annoying bugs in them.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's not like they are leaving it up to Microsoft, MS were the ones who introuduced it to give people "peace of mind" and wouldn't be surprised if most issues still passed whql testing.

The drivers have been rather messy recently though, and not as many as we used to get, but i don't rush to try new ones like i used to, nor do i play brand new games as i expect issues, which is a shame.

No idea why both camps are having so many issues, could well be budget cuts, or trying to manage the ever increasing game catalog, maybe new hardware is taking priority, but considering the next few months have alot of big name titles, they need to step things up abit.

9. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Well we should certainly hope not... and that's my point.

10. JimBobb

JimBobb Guest

And ManuelG is right that, on Ati Cards is even more often to see the Flicker. It's not worth to make such an uprising because each 0815 Game.
    Contact Ubisoft who are responsible.

11. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Is the flashing in 3Dmark just too distracting while you are watching the girl's jigglin' boobies? ;P

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    and your point is?... all i know its broken.

and i dont need to observe animated boobs i prefer them real.
    ;P

what part of AntiAliasing "hack/tweak" made by then didn't you understand?

Also it was fine on 250gts.

And just so you know, when they introduced this new "improved aa for NFSHP and DeadSpace", as a side effect it made problems with Fermi (mostly 500 series) architecture and CSAA (r265 driver) and they still have some kind of AA issue.. And this is manifesting itself in 3 branches so far.

and what uprising im just saying the facts idc much about that game, i only play it occasionally. But things can't be left broken when they were fine before.
    Just like they had a risky idea to change gpu monitoring a bit with 280.xx, and now it spikes to full3d for every bs :pc1:

Take a look at BFBC2 issues and people reporting it, that's called uprising about it, pal.

I mean common stop defending the drivers so much people, does it make you feel bad if they're incapable of good drivers? lol :roll:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's about time that ****tard was banned....:thumbup:

14. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Why do release notes now seem to just talk about adding 3D features, wheres all the "increases Dragon Age 2 speed by 15%" business. As a 2D man i cant tell if they are even worth downloading!

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    WHQL cert has nothing to do with 3rd party hardware or software - it's purpose is to ensure the driver is compatible with the OS and MS products.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

16. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    possible solution for xp users bug affect all driver for up 266.58 randon times crash/freeze when play youtube and games
    Watchdog.sys

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff553893.aspx

type regedit
    search EaRecovery
    set its value to 0
    F3
    replace all EaRecovery to value 0
    restart