Geforce 270.61whql driver!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GaryX, Apr 18, 2011.

1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Read what you wrote last sentence See if you can understand your own contratiction...

2. Bi2L

Bi2L Active Member

GPU:
    2x9800gt 1x9500gt
    I have used a lot of drivers in my life but this like this one never :bang:

I have tried to install it to 3 of my computers (both they have 4 GPU, I use multi-screen computers with 8 outputs) and I've got this Installation FAILED!! to all of them!! I have Never before see an installation failed to Nvidia Drivers (maybe back to days when pass from XP to Vista) but now with Win7 and after so many installs and so many betas... I've got this error to an WHQL certified driver WTF :bang:

Never mind... back to 266.58

I don't use SLI (not even the cable I haven't) All my other drivers are update to latest and my computers are clean from any malicious.
    I think it should be problem with the multi GPU cause I don't have the same GPU.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    Is there a Shift 2 SLI Profile?

4. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    Yep, Shift 2 Unleashed is listet in the profiles with SLI-Bits.

5. Aveon

Aveon Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    I had Dirt 2 installed 2 weeks back when i was using the 270.51 ones.
    It never crashed for me.

6. Aveon

Aveon Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
  7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

yes i had it on my 250gts gpu but the opposite - fan speed up but it never slowed down to idle when i exited 3daps or games.. it started happening with 186.24 until 191.00 so yea it lasted for a long time.

195.xx - 196.xx were ok, but they stuttered like hell so yea all 195-196 were $hit in general, 197.45 finally fixed it..

anyway i think we're getting of track here:nerd:

8. traft

traft Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX 3080
    Never experienced those fan speed issues on my GTS250 in the past or with any current drivers.

As for these see no difference from beta regardless everything I play runs fine without issues so they are keepers for me.

9. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes but single GPU :3eyes:

10. trementine

trementine Member

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 480
    I bet my car that you are not able to tell the difference between a screenshot of a game with any driver, and the screenshot of the same game with another driver.

It's just placebo effect. And it's a graphic designer talking to you, by the way.

11. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

I have yet to see a better IQ between drivers.I havent seen a difference in the last 100 drivers,and that includes quadro.You guys are just seeing things.

12. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Iirc the Nvidia fan profile issue mostly affected certain cards in fermi range and was due to a bad registry key entry for the power profile the card should use, which only was applied when waking from sleep for most people (as the driver tended to set profiles properly on cold boot.) It didn't affect my GTX285 or 460 (wife's pc) but I know someone whose 470 was affected.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    gave it a try, but no go. it was worth a try though.

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    DX11? it only craashes in DX11. DX9 it runs great ...

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Maybe you don't but i always saw better AnisotropicFiltering with quadro driver compared to normal GeForce driver - thus better IQ (sharper image). And im talking about forced AF in nvcpl profile not ingame AF.. Some games use uglier build-in AF with more optimizations (for example COD's build-in AF, Fear1, 2, TombRaider Underworld, BFBC2, Shift...). Its not always good though - can take a bigger hit, depends on quadro driver.

If you haven't seen it yet that doesn't mean anybody who notices it is full of it.. quite the contrary you all are the one who's full of it.:infinity:

Good day.

16. manufans0607

manufans0607 Member

GPU:
    Sparkel GTX570
    Yeah me to, Dirt 2 is the only game always crash in my PC...It crashed while loading before take a race

I don't know what cause it because there are no clue at al

Before I'm using GTX570, I used HD5870 and Dirt 2 works great, no crash at all..I think this is Nvidia Driver problem

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Is this the crash that happens just after a race, and never during.

If so, i've had that with Dirt2 and also Grid for a few years now, i heard it was something to do with hardware audio, but it doesn't happen all the time, and i've never liked any of the Codemasters games enough to mess about with it more than running the inbuilt benchmark when i install a new driver.

18. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Going to go on record to say these drivers are good for me.. but I'm still pissed Nvidia is pre checking a damn update tool with the driver. I DON'T WANT THAT CRAP!! Just give me a download driver option or leave it all unchecked except the driver!! next you think they will include a Nvidia Tool bar!!

19. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Drivers working great here, playing Oblivion and AC:Brotherhood

20. Aveon

Aveon Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    How do you make it run in DX9 mode.I suppose by default it should run in DX11 on my system.