Geforce 181.00 12/15/2008 XP32 & VISTA32/64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by tralalalala, Dec 17, 2008.

1. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    I installed 181 again and I notices for the second time now that gta4 defaults to the high setting for the textures whilst 1920x1200 is selected on my sli 8800gts512 config. And as if the high setting that automatically changed isn't bad enough, I can't get it set to medium. I save the settings, close gta4, start gta4 and it's set to high again. This started after installing 181! I didn't have this problem with 180.84.

And just to make it clear:) Textures set to high requires more videomemory than I've got and whilst the game performs great it looks like crap because a lot of things are missing with all set to high.

All except textures set to high works great but is not possible with the 181 driver. Am I the only one?

2. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    These are very bad for Fallout 3 on XP 32bit. After 4 hours of continuous playing - no crashes, but the framerate is very poor, i mean really poor - like even under 20fps in some places. But on the other hand - IQ seems to be much better...
    I play Fallout also on vista64 with 180.70 and it runs much better, but it seems like Vista leaves too less memory for games and after an hour i need to restart Fallout cause textures and all are loading slower and slower.
    Anyone can report how these drivers perform under Vista, cause now im afraid to try them on Vista.

3. Abrams

Abrams Master Guru

GPU:
    9800 gtx+/8850m gddr5
    Hm...FPS in GTA 4 exactly the same(0.15 FPS diff), performance exactly the same, but:

- No GTA IV preset saved in driver section.

- Sea started to look more aggressive = less realistic.

Rolling back to 180.84 Beta, untill some normal version comes out. I.e. either WHQL or the one that is more optimized for GTA IV\Other games.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  4. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    Dito, 180.60 plays very smooth with my older 8800gts and now also with my gtx260². Sticky so far.

The only thing is i get a gpf even if i try to start mass effect...

5. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    I've been struggling with oc/stability with new mobo, EVGA 750i SLI FTW. Completely forgotten about new drivers! :D

Had previous WHQL, 180.48 with ...well...previous PhysX drivers :D , dl'd all new and:

3DM Vantage: Jane Nash run...flickering textures on cloth covering the boat she escapes with. New Calypso: Very heavy flickering when missiles fired towards planet...extremely flickering when the boulders are seen with planet in background - unacceptable...

The performance in 3DM Vantage was little lower than 180.48, only tested CoD5....can't tell a diff: my mobo is unstable and crashes quite often....also with these :D

SLI GTX260, Vista x64

To get something new, installed the 180.84 beta to go with new physx drivers...atleast got 1-2hr straight CoD5 play.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  6. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Any improvments with pop ? I usually get random frames drop/lags in pop from time to time and even with AA disabled I was getting the same frames...

7. g60force

g60force Master Guru

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    have you even read the complete tread?? :3eyes:

8. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Just read the thread completely and there does seem to be improvements on pop.Will take me time to try them out so was just curious...

9. Eyemaster

Eyemaster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080OC
    Running Vista x64 I am getting this graphical error in UT3 when strafing left or right in the Manta. Anyone else?

[​IMG]

10. davidbla

davidbla Member

GPU:
    xFx 9800GTX+ 512MB@Stock
    Hello again, i think is a problem of the game, maybe with a new patch it will be fixed, the game runs smooth as butter, 1280x1024 and every possible option at max and with 8x anti... i tryed 16x antialising and to my eyes no difference so i set to 8x.
    Good Luck.

11. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    For Fallout 3, disable AA in Nvidia Control Panel and in game under options.

12. deishas

deishas New Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 9800GX2
    I installed these drivers about ten minutes ago, and experienced a weird problem I've never seen with any other driver. When I start up my computer everything looks normal until Windows is done loading, then it changes which of my two graphics cards it sends out the display to. In other words, when I boot it uses the card in slot 1, and when Windows is done loading it switches to the same port on the card in slot 3. Anyone have any suggestions why it'd do that? .. I've changed the driver at least 4-5 times since I started using this setup without this ever happening before.

I also noticed that I had to change to 4-gpu alternate rendering 1 instead of 2 to get Furmark to use all four gpus with this driver.

13. g60force

g60force Master Guru

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    MY Daz3D Rendering studio work also great with this driver:

http://home.planet.nl/~gerla020/DESIGN/3D/soldierT3.jpg

Eventhough the Pic above was rendered trough software mode, but the pre-render/HW-render movies I make... (thats means without shadows & reflection) run smooth!

14. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    that looks awesome!

15. g60force

g60force Master Guru

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Thnx..
    I Could make a tread or topic if anyone intrested for more teasers :nerd:

16. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Sound like a good idea to me :)

Have you made videos with these renderings? (sorry im a noob the whole animation thing)
    It would probably take forever, but you could make some awesome videos!

17. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Go for it. A great idea :)

18. grave18

grave18 New Member

GPU:
    galaxy 9800GT 512mb
    noobie noob noob

quick noob question.Does this driver support the series 9 video cards?Cause it only indicates 8800 series.thanks!

19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, grave18. :)

Yes, the 9 series GPUs are supported, too. :D

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    tad offtopic, but i browsed this other forum and saw this quote from someone offering advice

wait 2 minutes and reboot again? lol, what is that suppose to do besides waste someones time.