GeCube 9600XT driver question

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Sammy20, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Sammy20

Sammy20 New Member

I just brought a GeCube 9600xt, and starterd off using the drivers from the official gecube site.

http://www.gecube.com/mbu/?lang=en

They worked perfectly fine, so I tried the drivers from ATI site (4.12 standard install), and they installed fine, but when I went to the contol center and clicked apply settings, the screen got all fiiled with green and white ugly texture. I restarted the pc, and it did it again in the control panel. So I just went back to the drivers from GeCubes site, and they are working fine.

My question is.

Is this a normal problem? Do you have to use GeCubes ATI drivers? Whats the difference between them and ati drivers? Why do they say version 808 and ATIs are 4.12?

And yes I did do a complete uninstall when switching between drivers.

Also I have SIS chipset, and use the SiS agp gart driver for windows xp, is that fine?

2. leosvi

leosvi Guest

What is your system configuration? What card you have before?

3. Sammy20

Sammy20 New Member

Pentium 4 3 ghz HT enabled

524 DDR 400 Ram

On board Realtek Sound

On board Lan

SiS 661fx Chipset on a ECS Motherboard (latest bios)

Windows XP SP2

My previous video card was SiS built in on board video! And it was bad. And to be perfectly honest, I DID'NT uninstall the SiS Uni driver version 3 for it before installing the ATI card, cause I get an error while trying to. Could that be the problem? Any program out there to clean out sis graphic drivers?

Is there anything I can uninstall to fix this? Cause I really want ATIs drivers casue GeCubes are missing so many options.

4. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB Vision 3080 10GB
    If you cannot uninstall it via Add/Remove programs you can use Driver Cleaner, Link: [here] to clean out unwanted drivers.

Make sure On Board is disabled, Uninstall its drivers, Use Driver Cleaner, Reinstall AGP Chipset Drivers, Reinstall Catalyst Drivers.

*note 8.08 is just another version number, 8.08 = 4.12, 807 = 4.11 etc...*

5. Sammy20

Sammy20 New Member

Thanks for the info.