Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC DirectX 12 Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 17, 2015.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ms are the one who more than anyone, should be making amends?
    No, thats ubi, ea, activision... you know, those publishers that release broken game after broken game. Unlike ms, who release nothing rather than something thats broke.

MS are pc gaming?
    WTF!

All we are saying, is give Microsoft a chance.
    How high are you.

Its blatantly clear that 90% of gamers let alone members of this forum even, are morons. Gullible, self-entitled sad man-children.

Pc deserves the **** state its in. Its lack of exclusive that make the consoles look like the elite platform, the fact that the pc is an overpriced port box that twats will purchase as long geralts hair looks as though he both shampoos and conditions or batman leaves a dent when he does a roll in the snow.

The pc community deserve the **** standards you have to put up with. You bankrolled it after all.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    All I want is that they bring back Games For Windows Live!

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Hmm. I did have a bit too much coffee as I was writing so who knows.

All I'm saying is we should forgive those past transgressions if we have any hope of moving forwards as a solidified gaming platform. We need Microsoft every ounce as much as they need us whether we like it or not.

Am I happy that Xbox Live is being pushed into Windows? Not really but then surely anything is better than the god forsaken GFWL experience. Am I happy that Phil Spencer's Xbox Initiative is attempting to couple the Xbox One and PC together as one big family? Not exactly. Can I see the future benefits of it? Yes I can if I allow myself to be open minded enough about it.

I was gonna add some more but then I got high La da da da da da La.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Please don't say that... it was the single worst thing that has ever been forced on PC gamers...

The amount of headaches it has caused me and hours spent on the phone just to play a video game... Just thinking about it is making me angry.

If this game is tied to a Microsoft Account I am not buying it, simple as that.

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Man, I loved it! You get your game on Steam, log into Steam and boot it, and then another login! How convenient! And sometimes it will not log you in for days and it doesn’t save you progress if you are not logged in. So you are back to the good old days when you had to finish the game on one sitting. So much fun!

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Steam doesn't invalidate product keys when you upgrade your OS... change hardware.. install game on different computer..

Games for Windows Live did, don't tell me it didn't because I know full well it did, I had to photograph my games product keys, the game cases, the game disks and send them to Microsoft support, so they could then send me replacement product keys.

This took a little over a month, I will not be buying games tied to a Microsoft account ever again even if I am excited for a certain game that is, I'm not going to make the same mistake again, although I do hope this game is not tied to such a silly system again... I'm too old for this type of jump through the hoops silliness, I just want to play the damn game, Games For Windows Live made that a very hard task.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    MS is a company that had planned to sell gamers an overpriced and already outdated console which apparently couldn't run offline and would need to have a camera & mic recording unit recording your room at all times while identifying individual users by their faces and voices. And although they didnt say it i think it's pretty obvious the recorded data (who plays / watches what on what days for how long) would've been sold to 3rd party tv cashvampires.

Thankfully Sony made them rethink their plans within 1 week.

Let that sink in for a minute.

8. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Msoft should have delivered GoW COMPLETE ULTIMATE EDITION to the PC based on UE4 and in DX12 as a dangling carrot for WIN10 and by COMPLETE I mean all of the standalones + DLC etc.

They have the cheek to "remaster" a title which is most likely a re-skin of a super old game about fat space marines running behind chest-high walls... Next it will be a "remaster" of Halo PC original.

I enjoyed both games at the time which is now what 8 years ago, but I would have expected some rapid succession releases for Windows 10 which includes the most well known MS titles (GoW, Halo, Forza, FlightSim, hell even Killer Instinct) in ultimate editions with all standalones and DLCs.

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I was really excited for this, then I realised I'd misread the title as "God of War Ultimate Edition PC DirectX 12 Confirmed".

Oh well.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    We are going to keep it clean here folks.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Same thing they did with vista we will get 2 or 3 old xbox games that only work on there new OS and then they will go silent until next e3/ or next os and phil spencer comes out saying how much Microsoft loves PC gamers and how they are going to start supporting pc gaming...

You have to be a utter Muppet to believe anything will change.

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    It could be worse. They could have chosen RED DEAD REDEMPTION as a pc win10 remake. I would've been the next guy to jump onto the win10 train lol xD

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think this case it is different. Microsoft is really pushing PC gaming right now, with all the DX12 press, support from the board partners, and everything they're doing with Xbox on PC. While it really doesn't equal PC gaming, you can stream 360 games to your PC.

I guess more or less I'm just glad in the effort Microsoft is making.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Streaming xboxone games to my pc just sounds like Microsoft taking the piss to me for people who are pc gamers only anyways.

and again the same stuff was hyped about dx 10 and 11.

If they were serious about pc gaming they could of announced gow4 for pc but no we get a "hd" version of a old game it's a joke.

On the other I can get on board with Killer instinct especially if it has cross play with xbox.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    One could guess that since GW4 a new Xbox title, it might aswell be released for Win10 since many other XBONE games that were revealed during M$ E3.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I don't see why this is the case at all. Microsoft have a massively flagging console that in spite of doing better than it was is still so far behind the competition I suspect it will never recover, ever. It's not difficult to understand where this new wave of interest for the PC platform is coming from or why.

I strongly suspect this is MS's long term strategic game plan, one brand, one game, two platforms, one audience. We shouldn't simply take what they have announced so far as the only thing they will ever commit to as there's so much they could bring to both their flagging console and PC gaming with a unified stance to make them both as strong as they possibly can. If they select just the right games to bring to PC and Xbox One we could all win in the long run.

This isn't going to be a repeat of their GFWL failures, at least this is what I choose to believe. They have failed us once in this regard and am sure they understand the severe importance of getting it right second time around.

Baby steps.

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    It would be nice if the xbox one streaming worked the other way too, that would make more sense being able to play your PC games in the living room.

Also, not sure how well this remaster is going to work, GOW was a dark game and that's what gave it atmosphere. Brightening everything up and making it more colourful will take away some of the appeal for me.

I've only just started playing GOW2 on the 360 for the first time, can't really get into it as easily as the first game. If it was on PC I'd enjoy it a lot more, I really don't do gamepads.

18. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    So MS is doing PC gamers a favor by allowing us to buy a XBoxone DONGLE so we can play those special xboxone exclusives on the PC?!

Why not just play games on the xboxone since it requires it and leave the PC out?

Win Vista - Halo 2 PORT
    XBOXONE - Halo Remaster COLLECTION
    Window 10 - GoW Remaster of an already released port
    Xboxone - Xbox over PC - you get to treat that PC as a slave video device that can use KB/Mouse and upscale your 1080p @ 30 FPS games up to 4K @ 60 FPS! :D

I believe most of us calling out MS actually don't hate other companies who "port" games to PC and do it in a normal matter - Capcom - appreciate them since RE1, RE2 were available on multiple platforms prior to Nintendo exclusivity and then went back porting most of their RE games back to PC, PS(x) and Xbox360/one whereas MS mainly allows PC Gamers to buy the next DirectX tech demo and fund all future development back to their xbox program.

If FSX can be run on an xbox, it would be death of that game for the PC as well.

If you guys don't see this as a problem, then no worries. No one is "hating" on MS but I'm bewildered why you think MS actually cares about PC Gamers. They don't as proven by history.

Most of us skeptics judge M$ by their execution, not by what their PR Parrots spouts out.

19. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I still can't believe M$ thinks anyone will want to stream games from their XBOX to their windows 95 PC.

Yay sub-1080p res @ sub-30 fps! It's like using a time machine.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No one is saying MS cares about PC gaming, no publisher does as we are all just customers to them.

What people are saying is that this is so much better than what we are getting from Sony and Nintendo.
    Business wise i actually think they are sharing to many games, but i'm not going to complain.

Do you work for the Xbox division of MS?
    Why should we have to buy an X1 to play these games, i don't understand why buying a console is better for PC gaming, or for my wallet???