Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC DirectX 12 Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Exactly. Finished it long time ago and wont probably do it again. Gonna watch close attention to dx12 enhancements and performance though.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bring it on ... I didn't play it when it released because my PC couldn't handle it. Let's see what was so special about this game :p

3. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I enjoyed GOW 1 on the PC, it looked great and we got three levels that the consoles didn't have at the time but now get with the Ultimate Edition.

If this does well hopefully we'll get the other games :D

4. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    They don´t have anything better to port?, maybe forza or some halo.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Yeah wow wwwwwow..

I will get it.. no Games for Windows Live integration!

*makes crotch thrust motions at my PC*

6. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah GFWL is dead, but Win10 will have Xbox Live built into it and it makes me wonder if Microsoft is going to force us to use it for online play.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Ohh crap.. I didn't think about that.. If it does no purchase from me.

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    No doubt! Maybe they'll release the sequels using it, we'll see I guess.The first one I enjoyed immensely.Ran it on my Athlon64 3200+, MSI board and a Geforce4 TI 4200 lol!! Looking forward to this! :D

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Never did finish the first game on the PC, got bored of it a day or so into it and all i remember was the game taking about 30-45mins to install from the disc.

I did enjoy the second game recently though, so i have been meaning to go back to it recently, so this is good news and DX12 is even better.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Im generally not very hard core on topics, but WTF, who gives a crap?, this game was already on PC. Noone cares about upgraded visuals for a rereleased 1 of 3.4 title, WTF is the point in bringing the same $hit to PC, bring GoW2/3 etc. not some **** we already had.

Seriously who cares about DX12, 4K visuals???? whats the point if you will never play any of the sequels because well thats only on Xbone.

Fcuk M$ their announcements of this token junk and the BS F2P type Killer Instinct.

Seriously the more M$ stay out of PC gaming the better

I would have preferred if they didnt announce anything, stayed the fcuk away from PC gaming and just concentrated on DX12, instead they throw a pathetic bone, the same we got for Halo 2 and GoW on Vista( its 6 years later M$ we've moved on from your $hit promises )

Sorry im harsh but M$ token $hit just winds me up the wrong way.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    but...it doesnt include the second game, only the first bore fest.

12. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Is Microsoft forcing you to buy the game? :3eyes:

It's marketing of course, but people choose if they want to try out a console exclusive franchise or not. There's nothing here to rub you the wrong way...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I know, but it's a start and this is better than nothing.

Who else making console hardware is releasing stuff for the PC, certainly not Nintendo or Sony.

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Borefest? Wat craziness, lol!! Up the difficulty, it's not that difficult! Lol!!! You guys remember the sound those guns made? Some heavy killer ish maan!

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's hilarious how upset people are getting over this.
    As if Microsoft are holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to rebuy the game.

Other remaster, HD remakes... ports... whatever get release constantly. MS re-releases Gears of War... THEY ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE! Please.

With MS recent comments about being fully aware that they've dropped the ball on the PC side of gaming... hopefully this is just the first step in addressing that.

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Gotta love PC community

Microsoft for years promises to re-dedicate themselves to PC gaming
    Never does
    Microsoft out of no where announces 2 new PC titles
    Eveyone is outraged

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I guess ppl are pissed they have no more excuses to blindly hate MS. I still hate them but if the game is good i'll get it.

18. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    A F2P fighting game and a remake of a 9 year old game, yeah, I'm not feeling the love.

When they start to release the rest of the Gears games, Halo and Forza ect I will feel it. Instead they announce that streaming crap, a F2P (P2W) and a remake, oh, and buying out Tomb Raider (timed or not), a game that has been on PC for nearly 20 years.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'd like to address that not everyone is outraged. Some of us are on the same page and see this is as a welcome if ever so slightly predictable way for Microsoft to start slowly making bridges once again with PC gaming which is one step in the right direction compared to everything they've done and it all ties in quite nicely to leading up to a Windows 10 release. You know that completely free operating system they are giving us all that has DirectX 12 bundled with it that will practically alter PC games and PC gaming in general over night when it does.

I don't mind people being angry concerning past treatment as it was beyond poor and it's hard to shrug off years and years of being treated like the bastard child of the family. However how is anyone supposed to even try and start to make amends if all efforts to make up for it one step at a time are met with outbursts such as this one...

MS should stay out of PC gaming? MS ARE PC gaming and like it or not they always have been because the very reason you game at all on PC is thanks to their continued OS releases and support coupled with their work with hardware vendors such as AMD and Nvidia etc etc etc.

Gears Ultimate PC you can take as an unwanted tolkien act of kindness that you can say is inexplicable and will never make up for the damage they have done over the years. Don't buy it. You can do that by all means. It's allowed. You could also take it as a firm handshake apology with the promise that things will slowly get better if you are willing to give them the chance to correct those wrongs.

Me I'd rather give them the latter seeing as though next month I'll be installing their free operating system that will undeniably make my PC gaming experience better than it ever has been before coupled with more new PC games than we have ever seen being released in the same yearly window than ever before on top as an added bonus.

Microsoft lost my respect once but they are slowly now making up for it in many different ways and just as when I have an argument with the wife I'd rather see those slightly awkward attempts at reconciliation hour to hour that get us both back on track than be completely ignored the next 48 hours out of extreme stubbornness while I settle down on the couch at night wondering what the f*ck happened.

All we are saying, is give Microsoft a chance.

*clap*

All we are saaaaaayiiiiing, is give Microsoft a chaaaaaaance.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, the ridiculous amount of double standards and hypocrisy by so called gamers.

Capcom get crap flung at them for announcing hd updates/ports of two titles that have never been on any other platform other than wii/gc. Gamers bitching that they're over rated, cash grabbing and to remake Res2.

Gamers then go and re-buy a game they all ready have just to 'show their support', the laughable: Dark Souls 2 the "dx:wanker:11" version.

Cdp apologists bang on about we wouldnt have W3 if it werent for consoles and a magical patch thatll drastically widen the visual gap between the pc and console version while telling themselves gameplay matters most as they all run around clutching at sweetfx mockups using pre-release screenshots in hopes of "bringing it back to that 2013 level, ok guys watcha fink? Any suggestions?". All while demanding anyone talking about its visuals to shut up and only discuss gameplay ...of an unreleased game.

Then, ID show a year old build of doom 4 and gamers proceed to blame consoles for its visuals, disregard commonsense in the fact that clearly on pc how just like you're not forced to buy GowHd, you wont be forced to used the radial menu, you know, that same type of menu everyone praised W3 for and is the same type of menu used in Gears of War. Gamers then complain its not the same as doom 1/2 while hating cod for being too similar year after year as they're placing their pre-orders down for asscreed 22, farcry 3.5's and full priced BF total conversions and awarding the latest iterations of wolf 10/10 for not just being a modern update of the same old tired gameplay as they go on about "this isnt doom!" then go on to describe a version of doom that never existed to the point its clear they have no idea what **** theyre talking about.

But its ok, ms who everyone hates, hates that they're not linux, hates their console, hates the start menu and most refuse to move past win7, its ok because ms are releasing a game that that is already on the pc, has been for almost ten years and 1 f2p title.