Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC DirectX 12 Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 17, 2015.

1. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    They will, when they want money.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The game still stutters and jerks for me though on max settings at 2560x1440 and runs far less smoothly than the original DX10 version at the same resolution and maxed settings (including MSAA since it was one of the enhancements of running the game in DX10).

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    They... most likely won't.
    The original Gears PC release never made it to Steam.
    And honestly, the May update for the Win10 store is said to add support for overlays, disable the "always on V-sync" and make lots of other improvements to the store.

They do that... the platform will be fine. As right now my only issue is the always on v-sync. I very rarely turn v-sync on.

4. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000

I don't know about you, bit the Windows Store is a piece of ****, things take ages to download, the download progress bar is buggy and unpredictable, when I bought tomb raider I had to make a new account on my pc and migrate to it because tomb raider would crash...

Meh, look, it could be worse, but saying the only issue is vsync overlays is really slimming it down :p

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Had zero problems downloading Gears or Quantum Break.
    Quantum is 42 gigs, downloaded in just over an hour. Gears took a little longer, but... still, was fine.

And, I'm not speaking for other people. I'm never speaking for other people. When I say "the only issue..."... I'm meaning for me. My only issue.
    I don't know what other people's issues are, I'm not them.

6. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Yeah, yeah I know, and I only had that issue once, it's just that's its a huge hassle compared to steam

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Oh I'd much rather everything be through Steam. But, it's not a perfect world. And other publishers/companies will always try to keep things for themselves as much as possible.

It's just part of this industry.
    But, STEAM wasn't great when it first launched either. In fact, I hated it back in 2004. Caused me more issues then I can count.
    And I can say the same for Origin... and even UPlay has drastically improved in recent years.

The Win10 is very, very flawed. But, MS are going to roll out a (from what it sounds like) pretty damn good update next month.
    And if I was willing to give EA or Ubisoft the chance to improve their respective platforms, I need to give MS the same chance.

8. deets75

deets75 Guest

that's unusually reasonable for a PC user :D

monopolies are not good for anyone, hence why we are seeing steam prices going through the roof.

its a real shame QB was released with such engine related issues, MS and the win store really needed to hit the ground running if they even wanted to undo the negative built up over the (over inflated) GFWL issues and such.

but there is another patch incoming for gears quite soon (may). I haven't personally had any graphics problems, but I only run at 1080p.

the mod in the forums said this:
    Right now we're focused on the following:
    - Changing number of players to start a match to 6 or 4 (feedback on number appreciated!)
    - Multi GPU support and some CPU optimizations
    - V-sync disabled support in video settings

so I wonder if that would fix the issues Darren is seeing with the CPU stuff, but only time will tell.

so far its been, from a technical perspective, one mixed bag with gears, one miss with QB. killer instinct looked pretty basic anyway. so forza apex might be our next chance to see where this is all going.

its such a shame though to see QB getting slated for engine issues when they say they have been working on it for 4 years or something. its as though the folk in the win10 dept have no clue what PC gamers actually want.

9. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I have no issues using other clients than steam but it's getting ridiculous with all these clients (some just for one or two games...)

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, changelog for the last update...

And, as deets75 said,
    Was The Coalition's last update. So, next month or so we should see another update for the game.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I think Remedy have been working on the Xbox One version for the past 4 years, while campaigning to Microsoft for the chance to develop a PC version.

I'd bet that when MS gave Remedy the okay to do the PC version, it was much closer to release then they had planned.

If Remedy could've released the Xbox One version in April, then released the PC version in say June or July, it would've helped. Given them more time to focus on it and really give it that Remedy polish.
    But, MS most likely felt they'd get a bigger chunk of cash right out of the gate if both were released together. Sad.

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI SuprimX RTX3090
    And in 2017