1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gears of War 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    of course they aren't the same.

svoti is inferior.

Carfax likes this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    VXGI is just a higher quality version of SVOTI, and is PC specific, hence the high performance requirements. It's still continuing to evolve though, so one day we will hopefully see it in a game.

Actually, I think NVidia should focus more on VXGI rather than raytracing, as raytracing is just too intensive right now and for the near future.

[​IMG]

And never once have I disparaged SVOTI or said it was not important. I only said that for Epic's purposes, it's not what they are looking for. Epic does not want to segment their engine, because a lot of the developers that use UE4 are mobile developers.

Crytek does not have that problem, so it's fine for them.

But you were disparaging VXGI this entire time, without even knowing that it's a Voxel based solution just like SVOTI is, just a much higher quality of simulation.

And just because you've worked with all the engines, does not mean you did so in a professional capacity. You might just be a hobbyist for all I know.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    The E3 showing for Gears 5 was so disappointing. I can't believe they didn't have a campaign game play trailer! :rolleyes::eek:

SerotoNiN likes this.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Uh!
    I know about voxel based GI for years, both SVOGI and VXGI. And again these both technologies use voxels, but they are not the same. Also this has nothing do to with engine segmentation, because you don't segment anything. It just one more option that you are not forced to use. And again, epic has tried to implement something similar, but have failed. Too fucking lazy.
    Btw, Cryengine SVOTI nas 3 integration modes. The first is for consoles, other two are for PCs, they are more demanding and obviously look better. So to talk about inferiority is nonsense, lack of knowledge.

About raytracing you are right. Nvidia RTX is a fraud.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Carfax likes this.
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Gears 5 went gold today, and will release on September 6th for the Ultimate edition, and on September 9th for the regular edition:

Gears 5 goes gold!

The story trailer will be revealed on August 19th during Gamescom. I'm predicting this will be a sleeper hit this year. After the same old formula game after game, Gears 5 finally looks like it's going to implement some significant changes; namely much larger and more expansive environments and a bigger and more expansive campaign.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    https://www.gears5.com/gears-5-pc

Specs and info.

[​IMG]

21:9 and 32:9 is supported as well, Dolby Atmos and HDR10 support and cross-platform play against XBox and the cross buy support for the XBox One version (Or PC if bought on XBO.) for the Windows Store version though not the Steam version.

Carfax likes this.
  9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    PC version will also be getting an exclusive high resolution texture pack! :cool: Hopefully downloading it will be worth it.

Here's the campaign story trailer by the way. Looks great, I'm going to pre-order this sucker for sure!

Make sure you watch it in 4K:

KissSh0t likes this.
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

11. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Looking forward to this one, gameplay and graphics look good, plus as far as videogame characters go, Kait's hot, lol. Music in the trailers sucks though.

12. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Will the Windows version also get the high resolution texture pack? I see it on steam, but Windows Store doesn't mention it. And I have the Ultimate Game Pass, so I was looking forward to not having to pay $60 for this.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    No reason to think it won't be included. Steam has much more functionality than the Windows store for downloading stuff, so with Steam you will have the option of whether you want to download the high resolution texture pack or not, whereas with Windows store you likely have no choice but to download it as it's included with the game.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I saw the trailer for it well I hear the tool song and was like WHAT TOOL did a remix to that song, turned around and saw gears 5, I didnt play any of them I refuse to own MS consoles. and no game to date has been " I need to get this console to just to play this game"

I more inclined to get it for pc IF i can get it threw steam when ever i get around to getting it

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I would assume that the W10/xbox X version are coming with the full fat 4k UHD textures as standard, and on steam the basic 1080p version is offered with the option to DL the 4k HD pack for those that game in 4k.

Have you grabbed Age of Empire Definit Edition, it went up on GP yestarday, it is fantastic, 4k and Xbox cheevos from your PC, love it. :)

Don't you just love GP, Gears5, The Outer worlds, AOE, F4H, AOE2.....i have never had access to so many launch games. lol

SerotoNiN likes this.

16. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    The access is incredible. Best streaming sub available imo. Especially if you own an Xbox One as well. So many titles available. It's crazy.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

Why is Sarah Conner in Gears 5? this is the strangest crossover xD

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Yikes, that video looks so blurry. I wonder if it's because they didn't use the sharpening filter? UE4's temporal AA has a blur effect, but if you use the in game sharpening, it rectifies it.

Could also be YouTube's compression.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Even watching this in 4k 60fps setting and the video still does not look right, look like a 360 gears game, what is going on, i tried the beta of this and it looks nothing like this blurry mess. lol

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The only cover shooter i managed to get into and like was The Division, with Gears i always feel like something is missing.

cerebus23 likes this.