1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gears of War 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    of course they aren't the same.

svoti is inferior.

Carfax likes this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    VXGI is just a higher quality version of SVOTI, and is PC specific, hence the high performance requirements. It's still continuing to evolve though, so one day we will hopefully see it in a game.

Actually, I think NVidia should focus more on VXGI rather than raytracing, as raytracing is just too intensive right now and for the near future.

[​IMG]

And never once have I disparaged SVOTI or said it was not important. I only said that for Epic's purposes, it's not what they are looking for. Epic does not want to segment their engine, because a lot of the developers that use UE4 are mobile developers.

Crytek does not have that problem, so it's fine for them.

But you were disparaging VXGI this entire time, without even knowing that it's a Voxel based solution just like SVOTI is, just a much higher quality of simulation.

And just because you've worked with all the engines, does not mean you did so in a professional capacity. You might just be a hobbyist for all I know.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    The E3 showing for Gears 5 was so disappointing. I can't believe they didn't have a campaign game play trailer! :rolleyes::eek:

SerotoNiN likes this.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Uh!
    I know about voxel based GI for years, both SVOGI and VXGI. And again these both technologies use voxels, but they are not the same. Also this has nothing do to with engine segmentation, because you don't segment anything. It just one more option that you are not forced to use. And again, epic has tried to implement something similar, but have failed. Too fucking lazy.
    Btw, Cryengine SVOTI nas 3 integration modes. The first is for consoles, other two are for PCs, they are more demanding and obviously look better. So to talk about inferiority is nonsense, lack of knowledge.

About raytracing you are right. Nvidia RTX is a fraud.