GDDR4 comeing ... ATIs legs are shackeing

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by izikog, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Nvidia is doing well and Ati not so well atleast till they release their new cards anyway. Comparing CF with 7800GTX, Geforce 7 is clearly the winner. But their timming of CF is wrong, may be with their new cards it would be much better.

Comparing CF with SLI, SLI is still better and many consumers will not be intrested with x800 CF instead get 7800GTX or Ati new card.

1600 x 1200 resolution limit is also major drawback. So we can clearly say that CF is not very impressive. One thing I like about Nvidia is that they always bring new tech for enthusiast. Ati just follows them. Ati made us wait so long and to be honest it's not worth it, may be their new card will be much better.Nvidia is doing well so I am happy lol.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  2. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Because the guy that bought a PCIe 6800 Ultra and SLI motherboard last year doesnt want to spend £400ish on a 7800GTX but would rather spend £200ish on another 6800 Ultra (which in supported games will outperform a single 7800GTX in many cases and support has improved SUBSTANTIALLY over the last few months). If he can pick up a 6800 Ultra at around the £200 mark he certainly cant sell his old card for anywhere near that so that £400 is still quite a way off.

What about another guy who got a 6600GT PCIe last year and a SLI motherboard, the guy who is starting to get slightly choppy performance in games? 6600GTs are about £100 nowadays, so he cat sell his card for anywhere near that especially being a year old now, so he goes and splashes £100 on another 6600GT to bring him upto 6800GT/Ultra levels of performance in supported games, a list which has grown substantially over the last few months and now you can force SLI on in whatever games you want.

I see your point dont get me wrong, but you cant seem to see the other side of the equation where it *is* a viable upgrade path for some. :)

3. Hamid

Hamid Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 7800 GTX @ STOCK
    New Nvidia drivers support the cross matching SLI like the 7800 gtx can be connected with a 6800 GT or so and then it is not supposed to be from the same vendor any more. So I think nvidia is getting it in the market most faster than ATI and this is where the market really tend to get. Look at the PS2 and XBOX, altough the PS2 is not superior in hardware, still it is the best current console. Why? because they were far earlier in the market than M$ and this is the same case with NV and ATI.

I have read some thread on this forums about R520 leaking and I am pretty much sure after reading that the ATI will not be able to launch the 520s in the market hence making the NV the only leader for now until ATI works on something else.

4. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock

What's kinda funny is that that's EXACTLY what I did, except that I don't have an SLI board. I sold my 6800 GT @ Ultra speeds for $322.50 shipped and wil purchase a 7800 GTX when I can get it for around $410 shipped.

5. armhunter

armhunter Master Guru

GPU:
    x2 EVGA 7800GTX 256 ACS³ SLI
    "why would i put two 6800's in SLI when a 7800 series card does the same, for less money?"

That is so not true..
    I used to run ONE 6800GT, and did some research before I bought another one. After reading a few reviews on TWO 6800GT's compaired to one 7800gtx and saw the results..
    The 2 GT's beat the one one on most games and 3dmark05.

The Ultras even beat it with a lot more room.

Now, Since I only play one game, IL2, which was on one of the reviews that they used to test.. I did not want to go through the trouble of selling my Card, (maybe not getting what I wanted for it) and then hoping I had enought to get one 7800gtx... Now I have had Two 6800GT's and will SKIP the 7800 completely.. I will get what comes out next if needed...

Oh yea.. I run my game @1600x1200 in perfect mode SLI8xAA and 4xAF.....

have a nice day...
    Sorry, I understand being behind a company and wishing it would pull ahead.. but right now ATI is losing.... But what puts a smile on my face.. I have never liked ATI... I did give it a try once... ONCE...

6. ubermann

ubermann Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS vmem+vgpu Mod
    I had an GF4 MX440 ones, and it was terrible with performance and drivers.
    Should i never ever get Nivida again then and become ATI fanboy just cuz of that card ?
    Why dont you wait some days before you say ATI is loosing.
    If ATI make a better card and that performs better in crossfire what will you guys do then ?
    Keep on saying ATI is loosing, Nvidia will come with better card...and so on ?
    Never seen a forum with more Nvidia fanboys then this.
    Maybe this site is for Nvidia people, i dont know.
    But i do know Nvidia boys live in their own little world and cant accept or change their mind no matter what you show them.
    Its like MANY people get paid for talking crap about ATI or Nvidia but i guess they are children.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  7. armhunter

armhunter Master Guru

GPU:
    x2 EVGA 7800GTX 256 ACS³ SLI
    Losing does not mean they wont come back and lead again.... And yes, this is an NVIDIA video card forum..

Not liking something is up to me... I have my reasons for not liking ATI...
    and I have my reasons for not going back to them as well....

We can back up any company we want for ANY reason we want... You have your ATI fans and you have your Nvidia fans.. Live with it...

Instead of having our favorite football team we should agree they are all equal and not watch anymore...

8. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    We don't care about your MX440 card, because we all know it's crap anyways. Even if there new card did better in CF I still don't think anyone should get it. I'm saying that just because of the limitations on the CF right now. ATI's new card should be at least enough to run any game at 1600x1200, and that's a single card. Putting it in CF mode will only make you get more worthless frames since you can't go over 1600x1200 in it.

BTW, it seems like you're trying to start a flame war in here which isn't appreciated too much. I for one have used multiple cards for both sides and just happen to like nVIdia more at the moment. ATI was kicking nVidia's @ss last generation with the 9800 series. I got caught up in the crap that was nVidia and am never going to jump to conclusions. That's actually one of the reasons why I haven't committed myself to a next-gen card from nVidia.

You will notice the 7800 GT card I have in my rig, but it's only a temp card and will be returned even if I decide to go nVidia. I am waiting until ATI releases there cards to see what the people on this good forum have to say about it. I've seen "benchmarks" for the XI600 card, but am wondering about the XI800 cards and the prices. I can say that unless ATI pulls some amazing numbers I'm going nVidia because most likely the cards will be priced a lot higher, but that's why I'm waiting because I want to find out first.

ohhh man, here I go ranting and raving again, I should keep my mouth closed sometimes.

Hopefully we can move past this now and not start a flame war.

9. pengful

pengful Master Guru

GPU:
    Elsa Gladiac A660GT 128 Mb@600/1200 (**80.40HD)
    Well, this is an nVidia forum and NV fanboys are free to rant and say whatever makes them happy. Likewise, ATI fanboys can do so at the ATI forum. Just don't cross over and start flame wars.

I think there is enough space and freedom for both camps to say what they want to say.

Well, I did owned an ATI card before but I just cannot get used to their damned CCC thingy so I just gave up and joined back the nVidia camp. That made me happy.