Gay thread @nvnews

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BattleStar, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BattleStar

BattleStar Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512
    I'm not sure this is a safe subject but what do you think of gay people. I really don't care, if they wanna do it then let them - 2 gay = 2 more girls available for me (cant use them though because my gf would get homicidal but its good to know the odds is in my favour).

2. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    i think that whatever people do behind closed doors is fine, as long as it's consenting.

as long as all parties involved are happy with it, fine.

it's not my bag, and i don't want to see it. but who am i to judge what other people do.

i give this thread 3 minutes before it's closed.

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i dont mind them every one has the right to chose and its completely up to them

4. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    .....okaaayyyyyyy :3eyes:

You knew where the thread was going to go.... because you went there directly.

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I love Sash's response, straight to the point, no mucking around.

I don't agree with the lifestyle at all, against my whole religion kind of thing.
    That said, I have met some alright gay people, but most just annoy the crap out of me honestly.

6. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    well that's what they do...

7. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Even if I don't approve of the lifestyle, whatever they do in their private life is their business.
    What ticks me off is the aggressiveness some use to promote the idea that that lifestyle is normal (?!?!?!?).

8. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My brother is gay, and he's the greatest person ever. My hair stylist is gay, and he's a wonderful person. I have nothing but positive experiences when it comes to gay people, thus I don't mind them at all. With that said, my bf can't stand gays. He doesn't mind them as a person, but the thought of a gay man touching him makes him want gag, or even hide. I don't blame him though, our thoughts and feelings are all influenced by the experiences we have had, and the environment around us. It's not something he personally sets out to feel.

9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Usually men cant stand gays, but they like lesbians & girls cant stand lesbians but they like gays.

10. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Believe it or not, I think that gay is just a defect of nature, but in some cases it's people that are just mislead and confused.

11. arnie

arnie Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    A very good friend of mine is gay, and I just don't see that it matters. If he wants to bugger other men then that is his business and no one else's. As someone with libertarian instincts, I see no problem, it doesn't hurt anyone, afterall.

He has, however, introduced me to some extremely camp and feminine gays, who can be extremely irritating (I had to call off a round of golf, just because one moaned it was too cold. Very annoying).

Like I often tell my friend, though, I am not too keen on this gay pride nonsense, with all the parades that go with it. I can imagine shouts of 'Homophobe!' if someone organised a straight person's parade. I would feel happier if we could do away with the active promotion of any particular lifestyle and just let people make their mind up by themselves.

12. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Can't see why other nerds like us shouldn't be able to start another useless thread (like this one).

A genuine lesbian thread, however, would suck us all right in! :banana:

Too bad girls generally don't like our e-penises...

13. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    icebird, of course you think gays are cool becaouse all women like gays as friends becaouse they are like a woman but look like a man, however, a lot of men do not see gays like you do, becaouse of like you sayd about your BF hating being touched by gays, we think that they hit on us becaouse we cannot and frankliy do not want to understand them

14. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No, that's not true. "All" women do not like gays. In fact, most people should refrain from using the words "all", "everything/ one", "always" online. I don't think they're cool, I just don't mind them as human beings, seeing as I couldn't care less about which hole they prefer.

15. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    you are right sorry, i mean more women than men, and you can't deny that

btw i will not post here anymore due to my views on this subject and i do not want to ruiun my 3 years of no warnings or tempbans :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007

16. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    as long as they

dont get married
    cant adopt children
    cut it out on the gay parade and promotion
    stop asking for extra "gay" rights

then their cool

IMO being gay is a natural defect, an evolutionary cul de sac

17. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Three remarks I would like to make:

1.) It's as if most straight men automatically assume that gay men are interested in them. Who ever said that gay people cannot be just as critical/selective of their partners as the most picky straight person?! Chances are that beyond "checking you out", no gay person will ever display such interest in you, that it would justify homophobic behavior.

2.) This is stating the obvious, but it's not like gay people have a choice when it comes to their sexual orientation. To help understand gay men better, I tend to think that they just feel about men, the same way as I do about women. I'd feel awful if the majority of the population tormented me because of how I feel about women.

3.) The media sometimes gives us a very distorted image of gay couples. It seems like in every other TV I watch with gays in it, the other gay man assumes the masculine role, while the other dresses up like some cheap slut, presumably assuming the feminine role in the relationship. Now, here's what I always wonder.... Who's bright idea was it to make it seem such that a gay man (i.e. one who prefers 'masculine' features) would want to see a feminine figure when looking down to see who's giving him head?! I mean, come on! :thumbdown

Oh, and just to be clear on this, I'm as straight as can be...

18. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    People should do whatever they want as long as it is not against the law. So if gays like to do their thing in another hole, why not?

19. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I'm going to agree with that for the most part. The only part I don't agree with is "as long as it is not against the law".

20. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    TMI my friend TMI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.