Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by biggi_, Mar 31, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not that I will ever use 12k dpi, but apparently the sensor is spot on no matter what dpi/polling rate you run. Which is unheard of. I'll post back when I get it mate.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I like heavy mice anyway, so for me the weight isn't a problem. With it's weight it seems like I'll only be adding weights to find that perfect balance, not really to make it heavier.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I'll be waiting for your feedback. I've had my G5 v2 for 5.5 years now, and a few months back the left click was making a strange sound. It's fine now, but I'd like to taste what an epic optical sensor and an evolved shape have to offer. I'm already in love with the G502's body.

4. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    How is my post "laughable"? The concept of competitive gamers knowing more about mice than the average person? I'd take the opinion of someone who plays video games all day, and makes money from it. Logic would endow he might know a thing or two about input devices. Anyways, what are you, some leisurely old man who scoffs at young people?

And yes I suppose if you're retarded, handicapped or unable to read directions, Enotus might give you unreliable results. But for 99.9% of the user base this software targets, it does its job correctly. Anyways, I'm not here to shove the program down people's throats. I was simply defending my post from a troll trying to misrepresent me. Speaking of trolling... if you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread, then please take a sharp left turn out of here. Your baseless, trollish criticisms are annoying and wasteful of both our time.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    i have one of the worst laser and unwired mouse ( Mamba 2011 ), the sensor is dirty as hell ( its a 3years old mouse ), i dont even speak about the mousepad i have try the mouse on it. and it recieve the mention excellent in all test ( including speed, polling and smoothness (2-3% difference, and i suspect this is due to the way i have do this test. )..

This software should be really too much nice..

Anyway, i wait report from peoples who get this logitech, as im really interested in this one.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    read up on impressions from real gamers on various forums (ocn for example). This is not the marketing department talking, this is real first hand experience. They all agree on this mouse being out of this world.

Here's a review http://www.overclock.net/t/1481639/logitech-g502-proteus-core-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino

So yeah, the minor gripe seems to be with the shape and weight of the mouse for this particular reviewer. For me the weight won't be a problem. And I like my mouse heavy so... Suits me.

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ Sensors and features are very important and all, but king to me on a mouse is the shape. If it doesn't feel comfortable to my grip and play style, the sensor and features are totally for naught. I've used mice with just decent sensors (and minimal features) that were tweaked with great drivers, making for a solid mouse in the end. On the other hand, I've used high end mice with killer features and sensors that were an atrocity to play with because they weren't adaptable for a claw grip. Result: returned for a refund.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yes, agreed, I'm just saying that for the reviewer in this case the shape wasn't 100% to his liking, it doesn't mean it won't fit others. I'm sure I'll adapt, I LOVE my g9, honestly, it's amazing. But I also tried the g400 and g500s, also used other Logitech mice in the past with similar shape.

The g502 looks like a g400/500 in many ways, but with left/right click buttons shaped much better imo, kinda similar to the g9. I will no doubt adapt. It might take a week or two before I'm completely there, but I'll get there. I know roughly what shape I can work with, and g502 falls within that category.

Another thing I love about the g502 is the extra buttons that the g9 didn't have. I'm not a fan of having a ton of buttons under my thumb (naga), but this seems to be laid out pretty well, with pretty large buttons to press.

I'm excited now and can't wait to plug it in. I'll definitely post my impressions. Watch this space.

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ya man looks like an awesome mouse, want to hear what you have to say.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Go pull your head out of your backside. That statement alone makes your opinion, much like you as a person, worthless.

Since you mentioned the G500 in there (only briefly)..... A comparison between the G502 and G500 (ya know...weight, ease of movement, long-term use comfort) would be greatly appreciated.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    cool guys, I'll post my impressions as soon as the mouse is here. it'll take some 10 days or so. Be patient please, hope Amazon.com hurry the f*ck up :p

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    As a CS player the railgun is actually the least of my worries. Like I said I've had games against quake players who completely obliterated me with rockets, etc... but when playing instagib (railgun only) the story changes completely.

Then again unlike alot of CS players I use a mid sens so I have a sensitivity setting that I can use across all my games and it's pretty much the same.

As far as the term twitchy goes, I use it more for how much you'll be forced to change direction on a small area of your monitor (hence 'twitchy').

Quake is more about getting a good flickshot down from the first get go but having an insane accuracy isn't that important. It just has to hit the biggest body mass, the chest, belly.

So all in all quake imo doesn't require alot of precision, but it does require a very very consistent and good flickshot, because if that flick misses, you'll end up with a rocket in your face :nerd:

So either you need to play high sens or you need a mouse that can do 3 or 4 m/s with ease.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  13. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Sorry I pinched a nerve but there's no need for ad hominem attacks.

Enotus requires the user to follow directions in order to give accurate results. If the user is unable to follow directions for whatever reason, it is the fault of the user, not the program. It's unfortunate you cannot accept this very simple concept. Oh well, back to my "worthless" life.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    guys can you please stop bitching? bit rich coming from me, but still.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm done with it. He's been added to my ignore list.

All I care about at this point is what you have to say about that G502 when you finally get it. The G500 was the most comfortable mouse I've ever used but depending on your opinion of the G502, I may splurge a bit and pick one up as from the pictures, it looks to be held in a more "natural" position. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite fond of my Roccat Kova[+] but it gets extremely uncomfortable after an hour or more of gaming....or even clicking through threads on this forum.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I actually picked up a 502 yesterday. It took some getting used to, previous mouse was a 400s/XTD. The side "sniper button" is pretty much directly where I place pressure from my thumb on the side to sweep the mouse. I also kept hitting the DPI up down buttons on the left click for some reason.

That being said, I played cs for like 3 hours with it and by the time I was done I had learned to use my thumb slightly differently when sweeping and overall I liked it. The rest of the positioning is similar to the Kone XTD, which imo is the most comfy mouse I've ever used -- but I'm sick of laser freaking out when dust or something gets in the sensor.

The tracking seemed fine to me (I play CS @ 600DPI .90 sens) so I move my hand pretty far distances really quick and I had no issues. The lift off distance is really low, which I personally like. I haven't really messed around with the weights yet but out of the box the mouse seems balanced which I also really like.

If logitech released a mouse without the sniper + left click DPI buttons but everything else the same it would be a really awesome mouse. But yeah I'm sure over time I'll get used to that stuff. For now I just disabled all the extra buttons. The grip is also really good imo.

Overall it's a pretty sick mouse and I've owned like every mouse under the sun.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  17. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    The mouse is definitely not as big as I thought it was. The sniper button is an issue, as I accidently click it at times. The DPI buttons are a non issue for me, since I don't accidently press them.

I wish the mouse wheel would have rubber coating for a better "feel", but it is definitely durable. After tuning, the LoD is great, I would say between 1 and 1.5mm. The grip is amazing on it. I don't like the mouse skates (I have the same issue with G400), I feel they dont glide very well. I would say the mouse is comfortable. The back of it is similar to the G400 but a bit more narrow, while the front of the mouse feels a bit higher (as in its not as rounded as the G400/G500, its more "straight").

I like the mouse overall, I like the grip and everything else, the sniper button appears to be an issue for me, otherwise it is perfect. I have no issue with the weight. The cable definitely appears to be very durable, unlike the G400. It feels like a well built mouse. The mouse wheel could have been better too, but I can deal with it.

EDIT: The mouse skates appear to be good after using the mouse for a while. They are smooth. When I first got it, I felt like the mouse was "slow" due to the mouse skates giving a bit of resistance. Now they feel great.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    My Sensei Frost RAW and G500 are both classed as **** i think haha.
    Dont matter what you use it all depends on what you get used too. No matter what it is you will become good with it.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So my SteelSeries Kana v2 was ordered 3 days before the g502. the Kana v2 was ordered from ebuyer UK and it's still processing. Last time I ordered from them was last year, when I ordered my g710+ and 5 days later it was still processing. Their excuse was that there was 1 bank holiday between me ordering and 5 days later. I told them it doesn't take 4 working days to ship a bloody keyboard and cancelled my order.

Just checked, I ordered the Kana v2 on the 11/4, 9 days ago, still "processing order". I would so ring them up and give them an earful if I didn't need a cheap mouse for clicky games.

Anyway, the g502 on the other hand has managed to make it through processing and shipping, now in Hebron Kentucky in transit (assuming that means it'll be the last US stop before it flies to the UK). F*ck you ebuyer, never again.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    My Kana v2 came today, I'll update this post later after a few hours I spend with it in D3.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014