Gaming mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by scoter man1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Shreddy

Shreddy Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640 G80 650/2000
    +1 for Razer Lachesis

LOVE mine

2. Ralph

Ralph Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    G5 all the way, I still have the original Rust colored one and I love the crap out of it!!

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i actually went from a G5 to an MX revo.
    had turn sensetivey up ingame a bit but other than that i havnt noticed a difference

4. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i got lucky on a mousepad a year back
    i was in circuit city and noticed on a end cap they had 3 mouse pads left on sale
    they are a hard black material with a seethrough trim around it about 1 inch thick with lil blown bubbles that all light up blue
    it was 10 bucks i think

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    well, I know I could get mousepad like that but, I mean, I seriously need like a big @%$ gamepad, smooth cant hurt too... lol the wood grain in my desk isnt too good for this mouse with no pad. I get along somehow though =)

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Aint THAT the truth :D

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    lol, slam proof. They cant do everything I guess. That would suck though, my desk is setup in a way that my mouse falls off sometimes =-O

8. opozoid25

opozoid25 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG GTX 285 OC SLI
    +1 DeathAdder - My absolute favorite mouse of all time, well at least for another day or so at which time I think Razer will announce a new mouse that looks like the DeathAdder but has extra buttons and functionality. :banana:

+0.5 for G5 rev 2 - which I also own but don't like quite as well as DeathAdder. Seems to have some trouble tracking on 2 non-cloth mousepads I own - SteelSeries 4D and Icemat 2.

+0.5 MS Sidewinder - I don't own it but should be really nice for large hands.

+0 G9 - just seems really expensive for what you are getting, unless you NEED >2000 dpi.

-1 Lachesis - Tried it and couldn't stand it, and the back is so skinny it kept moving when I clicked - extremely frustrating.

9. Charliew87

Charliew87 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 BE @ 676mhz
    The deathadder is by far the best mouse ive ever had. Ive grown so fond if it and my saitek Eclipse keyboard theyre the only 2 components I could never see myself getting rid off. Updating my whole system now and I was going to buy a new keyboard and mouse too (to have a full upgrade) but then I noticed I had put the ones I had in the list. If my mouse broke, and it shouldnt if you consider the ammount of strain I've put it through, I would get another deathadder immedeatly.

Damn I love it. And damn it looks good.

Its exelence is only matched by its ****ing beuty :banana:

And the human that could tell the difference between 1800 dpi and 2000 dpi is yet to be born. Youd prolly need more res than 1900x1600 if you were to even notice the difference.

10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    yeah, I dont plan on playing on a screen bigger than 1920X1200 cuz no one has enough money for the 30" screens that run at 2560X1600 or whatever. I probably will buy a deathadder. I have no use for more than 2 macro buttons so I wont wait for the new mouse if I dont have to.

11. Charliew87

Charliew87 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 BE @ 676mhz
    Razer has a new baby coming tho, the Razer Mamba. Not only is it named after the coolest snake (hey, it might count for SOMETHING! :|) its also supposedly their best yet. 1.6 ms response time with a WIRELESS, also plays with a wire if you connect it ofcourse.

Id give it a go if I were you. Otherwise, the deathadder is your pick ! :)

12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    eh, im not into wireless really. I can feel a lag, no matter what.

13. Charliew87

Charliew87 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 BE @ 676mhz
    Yuh thats what I thought. But 1.62MS is less than my responsetime, and its prolly not noticable :p The UT3 champions tested it and approved.

Anyways, its worth looking into. Give it a go, I bet thats what people said when the first cordless phones came into play too ^^

14. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    I use MX510 (at work) and MX518 (at home), and I love them. Especially when I discovered http://www.mstar.net/users/rlowens/. Since then my world of mouses changed by 36O:) Altough I heard all but best for Razer products. I would be in pain if I had to change my mouse right now, hard to decide which one:D

15. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    My wireless G7 has been great as well. Though I find myself changing batteries more often. I think the charge capacity is degrading already after 1 year of use.

16. Azkaban

Azkaban New Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI X5870 1gb
    A4tech

Just replaced my logitech G7 with A4tech X-750BF.
    http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=14

And i must say its the best mouse ive had soofar.
    in cod4 it even allows me to use some weapons in a way ive never used
    before like the MGs with precise 3 shot burst or semirifles with extreme presision 3 shot bursts. :arnie:

even in solo games it works flawless and the setting is easy to reset during a gamessesion.
    aka going to and from scoped view 600 to 2500DPI in just 5 clicks is nice.

quite nice mice and cheap aswell.

only drawback is thumb button 4 cant really press it without pressing thumb button 5. anoying but overcommable.

try em.