Gaming mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by scoter man1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Hi, I'm probably going to be buying a new mouse soon. Mine currently SUCKS.

I was looking at the razer deathadder. Its a large mouse with 1800dpi which is pretty good. It also has blue led's which I would like to have because it would match my case. I was wondering if this mouse is a good buy and comments about how good/bad it is.

If you want to know what kind of gaming I do, I do first person shooters like halo, halo2 and other junk like that. So right now im constently picking up my mouse and moving it. My mouse right now doesnt respond right when I move fast... so I'm looking for something better... obviously.

If you have any other mouse reccomendations please tell me. My budget is really like 50 bucks but, all reccomendations will be accepted. Also a heads up, I dont really use macro buttons. Never had any, and I dont plan on using them. A couple of them wont bother me but I dont want a mouse just for macros.

Heres the link to the razer deathadder

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153007

btw! my hand is huge so I need a large mouse =) no small mouses please

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    ZALMAN FG1000 :D ... WTF is that price? That one is 25€ in Finland! Omg....

Seriously.

G5 Rev. 2. I have it and like it :) It's quite big mouse and good for big hand. (Right hand only) Take a look. It's hard to recommend mouse to anyone since it's what do you think, there is no best gaming mouse.

3. Messerschmitt

Messerschmitt Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7970 DCU II
    I would definetly go with Logitech.

I currently own a MX518 and love it. I had a MX500 before logitech sent me a brand new MX518 because the left click button wasn't making good contact anymore after 4 years of intense clicking, as the mouse had 5 years warranty.

I was impressively surprised when they just said "we'll ship you a new one".

4. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    +1 on the g5 I like mine so much, and if you can try it out in a store first most big box stores have a few on display.

5. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 FE
    i have a razer diamondback 3g, and like it alot. its whatever your personal mouse preference is, but i like this one.

it depends weather you like them light, heavy, stiff, loose, ect. same as keyboards, you have to feel them before you know if they are good or not.

6. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I use a deathadder, love it.

7. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i went for the death adder and loved it ever since
    before that i had a mx518
    the blue leds kick ass but that is not impt
    the mouse is light to the touch,a little big for my hand well actually it is because i never lay my full hand on the mouse,i keep my 2 fingers that go on the left and right buttons bent at the knuckle during gameplay.

i have no mouse lag,it is very fast and precise for me and the build quality is awesome.

now they have some newer mouses i forget the names but i was looking at by razor that interest me,but with the adder i cannot justify buying a new mouse.

get it and you will be happy.

8. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    +1 for the diamondback... i love mine :)

9. Doogus

Doogus Member

GPU:
    2x XFX GTX260 BE (216)
    yeah I've got a deathadder, it feels really nice and natural in my hand, i like the size and I don't ever need higher than 1800dpi personally. Also the side buttons are much better than other mice i've tried - there aren't as many as some (only two) but they are very accessible and hard to push by accident. For shooters I find having one as a melee button and the other for sensitivity changing. The software for it kinda sucks, but you can just uninstall it and i find that actually solves problems with button assignment.

So yeah, for what it's worth, I don't think you'll be disappointed with it

10. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    +1 G5, or if you like them wirelss G7, I have one of both, and I can say they are worth their weight in gold.
    I have a 19month old who had beat the living crap out of them, and they still look like new, and work like they did over a year ago.
    So not only do they do the job you want and look nice, but they can take a licking and keep on ticking.

Now I have had my eye on this new WOW mouse, but have yet to see one for sale or any real review, so untill that comes out G5 is the bomb.

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Got the deathadder, and ive had logitech before and I'd choose the deathadder over it anyday. Its extremely comfortable, very sensitive and light to use.

12. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Deathadder user here also, great mouse fast an precise.

13. Mark

Mark Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    +1 for the deathadder. It is by far the best mouse i have owned. Ive switched between wireless and wire mice constantly over the last 10 years and nothing ive used comes close. Its light, comfortable and very accurate. The tail is thin too so it kinda feels like a wireless mouse.

14. vindassius

vindassius Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    ive got a Razer Krait mouse and i love it...wish when i went i had the spare cash for the top whack razer :D

[​IMG]

nice price though £45 nearly double what i paid for mine :( i love my krait though simple works top on my sharkoon mouse mat and scroll wheel to adjust DPI :D all for £20...when my krait does die...(if it does) then ill prob be getting the deathadder or the lachesis...although theres a ltd edition mouse (boomslang i think) might try find one of them :D

15. DgtlOutcst

DgtlOutcst Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 (55nm)
    I use a Logitech G9, love it, very comfy aswell.

16. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Banned

GPU:
    Pending...
    G5 case closed. Fits in my hand like my c.ck. just right. :)

17. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    Ive used G5, G7 & G9, loved them all. Currently using the G9 at home for gaming and using my G7 at work. My G5 broke a long time ago.. ;[ they didnt make it slam proof.

G9 is rather expensive though, which is its downside.

18. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    Razor Copperhead.

It's been left clicked millions of times. It's still crisp and fit's my hand perfectly. When it dies (if it dies?) I'll get another Razor product.

19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    awesome, it sounds like razor would be a good way for me to go. Also logitech. Ive owned a logitech b 4 so I think I will try a razor product. Im also thinking of getting one of their huge mousepads. I currently dont even use a mousepad =), so I will go from bad mouse junk to awesomeness! If you have a reccomendation on a mousepad/gamepad (which ever you call it) id be happy to know. I need a big one. I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826999053 its only 20 bucks compared to others...

20. MisterWhippy

MisterWhippy Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 960
    I feel that I need to put my 2 cents here.

I have "man hands" and needed a larger mouse....I ended up with a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse. I LOVE IT. The kind of love that a mouse and man should never have.

Either way its a great mouse, 2000 dpi laser, and too many buttons....plus a small LCD.