gaming mouse / keyboards "wireless"

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by damien666, Jan 20, 2012.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all i snagged and dropped my razor lycosa last nigth as i sit on a sofa to use pc via 46" tv and as i have my mouse the stealseries wow mouse connected to it i ****ed up the usb to the mouse and split the keyboard.. so im looking for a new gaming set of mouse / keyboard but id like them wireless if possible

so my question is what do you recommend and is wireless up to scratch yet or willi get input lag ect while gaming and corded ones are recommended ?

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Could always get a USB extension cable instead of wireless...

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    The razor mamba and logitech g700 dont have input lagg. (well 1ms) . they work great actually. they are a bit expensive though, but they are rechargable which is a big plus.

the razor mamba is 6400dpi, the logitech g700 5700 dpi.

anyways high dpi doesn mean a thing, there are some games where i have to set the dpi to 800 or its too fast. (that may also depend on the mouse though)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

5. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Iris Xe
  6. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    My G700 is lag free in wireless mode, but i still use it wired most of the time on my desktop, and keep my wireless donlge in my laptop

7. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I've been gaming with a wireless Bluetooth keyboard and 'standard' wireless mouse for maybe seven years now, and I'm not sure what the lag is people talk about. On occasion, I'll be on a wired set at a friend's house, and I don't notice any difference in response times. I think early attempts at wireless peripherals were klunky enough to induce some lag.

If the lag they're talking about is the one second it takes to wake the keyboard and mouse up after they've gone to sleep, then there you go, but unless you stop moving the mouse and keyboard for half an hour at a time while you're playing, that's not an issue.

Disclaimer - while I play first-person shooters maybe five days a week, I'm not a professional player.

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Some of us are just picky. I can very much notice the input lag when using Wireless, though with Bluetooth it is less there.

It's not something everyone perceives, but I am on the computer -alot-, and it is very easy for me to see.