Gaming Mice - Logitech G5 or MX518?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sparx, Jun 20, 2008.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I'm having no probs with G5 in CSS! It owns! Honestly I thought it would take much longer to adjust to the new mouse (had my MS optical for years!) but it didn't! Great mouse much slicker and faster than my old one!

2. zigihammer

zigihammer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060
    Years with MX518 !!
    MX518 FTW !!!

3. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    It'a a perssonal oppinion but I dont like the rubber crap on the G5 and it feels bulkier in some sort of way then the MX518 I think and it's heavier even without the weights so I hate it it's crappola and it will hit the trascan when my Deathadder comes thats for sure :D

4. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    I have both mouse, G5 and MX518. I got to say once you use an MX518, your hand just falls in love with it and you can't use any other mouse, at least to me :D but for me the G5 is bigger but it's a good mouse.

5. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Yes. I bought a Deathadder to replace my G5. That's always the one thing I wish ESReality would have added to their mouse reviews -- testing on at least two surfaces. I know that doubles their work but it would be good to see how the results change.

6. contrvlr

contrvlr Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570HD
    I've been dragging an MX 518 across the control side of a Razer eXactMat for a little over a year. The feet show some signs of wear, but are still there.

7. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX
    just got the MX518. I like it. I was using my mighty mouse before so I think anything would have been an upgrade, lol.

8. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    It's no big deal to replace the feet on MX518, heck all mouse's is better when you add some nice Hyperglides skates for em. much better then the crap you are getting with the mouse!

The first thing I did was just paste over some hyperglides and man what a glide you get. you dont know what you are missing until you get some nice skates thats what really make a good muse shine :D