Gaming Laptop Recommendation, work/gaming (budget $1500ish)

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Thebrave85, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Thebrave85

Thebrave85 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690 4GB
    Can anyone recommend me a pretty good recent gaming/workstation laptop I can do some Adobe Creative Suite editing on as well as some gaming when not working. I really appreciate it and oh yeah the budget is around $1500 thanks again.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Alienware M15, Dell G15, HP Omen , basically Ryzen 7 5800U, 5900H or HX SKU.
    8C/16T Cezanne should give a run for your money.
    Take in account that all model mentioned above are to be released, have a little patience because in the following weeks will show up.
    Also, be aware of components prices inflation and low availability.

Thebrave85 likes this.
  3. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Omen lately is on the high tide.
    And I despise HP. But I have to give them kudos when they do something good, or better than previous.

If it is for gaming, get the bigger screen. If not, get the 14".

Only one thing.
    Ryzen platform on most of all notebook have a loud fan curve. Or is it me having sensitive hearing?.

5. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    I've never heard that expression pardon I don't understand your meaning

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Sorry, meant that Omen brand is faring better, offers more value and does things better.

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  7. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    No reason to apologize. there is a lot I haven't heard before I was guessing "maybe it means doing well" but didn't want to assume on your behalf so I figured ahh I better just ask ... yeah I guess you have a point eh? They seem to be doing ok this year :)

You know I'm actually eyeballing one of those Ryzens as a possible exchange for my Omen Intel because the Intel ones don't offer the QHD displays and I do content work on mine not just games - only thing I noticed aside from a little bit more fan curve (you can undervolt just a tad on the Omen via HP's setup) is that it appears to go from full x16 lanes to x8 lanes for the GPU (the RTX 3070)

anticupidon likes this.
  8. Cybermetalpunk

Cybermetalpunk New Member

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Hey,
    when your budget is high, then i recommend alienware stuff. Actually i'm using a ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713QM-HX019T and its fine for mobile gaming. For high end gaming i recommend an desktop pc anyway. My last laptop was a ASUS ROG G703 with an gtx1070m and it lasts for 4. years.

9. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Ended up going with the new Razer Blade 14. Actually turning out to be kinda cool - swapped the shipped NVME with an 8TB https://imgur.com/a/Okt0Kk5