Gaming Headset

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by thomasf94, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Try Triton, i currently have the PC510 HDa and theyre brilliant, microphone is excellent, and i use these to record commentary for my youtube game playthroughs and such. Excellent set, managed to get these for £70 and the sound quality is tons better than my Roccat Kave's which are a horrible set, stay clear.

3. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
  4. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce

Using these aswell, have to say for the price they are really impressive, not studio quality ofc but far above regular corsair, creative, turtle beach merch.

You must have a soundcard though so you can calibrate the sound to your liking, I found the bass to be rather flat in these headphones but with some mega bass boost enabled its perfect. ( guess I thought the bass was weak since I'm used to have a large sub vibrating my shizz :O )

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The cheaper headsets from those brands often surpass the gaming headsets, so might as well pick one up from those brands.

I remember playing games with a sennheiser HD212 Pro, was already better then most of the gaming headsets.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    As far as I know the cheapest good pair (you need to make a reasonable investment if you want at least decent sound obv) are still a dent or two higher in price than the average gamer headset (which is like 70 bucks).

The Audio technica a700 and sennheiser 595 comes to mind.

Not saying you're wrong, just saying if you're going to make the jump to quality audio you should at least have two hundreds to throw at the problem, which the OP lacks. My first post was just joking since that's been the standard response here for as long as I can remember

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Sennheiser 555... doesn't have to be the 595, besides you can mod the 555's to be nearly like the 595's.

8. thomasf94

thomasf94 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680 2GB
    Ok, so.. I have a question, I will just be using onboard audio, but do you think I should get a sound card? Also, I have yet to buy a headset, so any suggestions/recommendations on sound cards and headsets that go with the sound card would be awesome, (that is, if I need a sound card, if the sound card doesn't make a big deal, then I'll probably just go with the corsair 1500's) thanks!

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Roccat Kave 5.1 is the best Gaming headset you can get imo.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012