Gaming Headset

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by thomasf94, Apr 21, 2012.

1. thomasf94

thomasf94 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680 2GB
    Well.. my turtle beach headset has snapped. ( I hate turtle beach) So now I'm thinking of getting a new gaming headset for bf3. any suggestions would be awesome. just post what headset you have and some feedback on it. thanks! :)

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    In before the whole "get a quality headphone pair with a clip on mic" crowd arrives. The Corsair Vengeance 1500 and Creative's Sound Blaster Tactic series are pretty highly rated. They're also cheap.

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    get a quality headphone pair with a clip on mic

[edit]
    lol

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    We've arrived.

AKG, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, look at actual audio brands on not that gaming gear crap.

And get a clip on mic.

5. thomasf94

thomasf94 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680 2GB
    hahahah, thanks guys. Yeah I just hate turtle beach.. I just want quality. good bass. clear mic. not cheap crap

6. JUNKIE

JUNKIE Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI Hybrid
    Corsair Vengeance 1500 $79.99 @ Frys with a 30.00 mrb.They work fine for me.

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    budget? anyways i use the PC360 for my games(regarded as the best headset for gaming)

8. berkos

berkos Master Guru

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    just DONT get logitech g35, or any of g series, the plastic holding cans is horrible, it will break with just taking your can from your head. i have senns pc 350 and my gf got me megalodon which she tought looked cool :D.

the bass and sound was very weak so i replaced standard earpads with diy earpads from memory foam, this mod gives you incredible bass, but not muddy like on corsair, mids are there and thumping a high treble with no clipping, and yes i sold my senns after this mod.

in some games 7.1 works, if the game actually supports 7.1 if not you get echoey soundstage but stereo really works.i can not grasp razors decision to put those earpads on megalodon and charcarias, becuse those cans have pretty good drivers to begin with

9. thomasf94

thomasf94 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680 2GB
    How is the audio quality on these? they look awesome. as long as they dont break easy too

Around $70 -- Definitely Under $100...sadly I have a tight budget :( but I may be able to stretch to around $130 if it looks REALLLY good. :D

Hmm... Interesting. Yeah I heard the megalodon's are awesome, but that's a little outta my price range....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  10. JUNKIE

JUNKIE Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI Hybrid
    Audio quality sounds good to me.I mainly use them for gaming though.The bass may seem a little weak to some people but there is a built in equalizer in the driver that you can adjust.They work in 5.1 and 7.1 suround. Guess sound is a little different for everyone though. They seem to be well.., made though.

11. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I'd agree if I was an audiophile. Beginning the "path" as it's known to auditory heaven is a very expensive and painful journey. After a while, nothing is adequate until you're up to your ears (oh the pun) in pairs of studio headphones. I personally don't think it's proper to start the journey when looking for a gaming headset. Just get something cheap with reasonable quality.

12. thomasf94

thomasf94 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680 2GB

Cool, Yeah I'm leaning well towards purchasing these ones. Thanks for the input!

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I don't have a "headset"...
    My headphones are Skullcandy G.I. Grey, and my mic is just a small little thing I can clip onto my shirt when I'm using it.

14. thomasf94

thomasf94 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680 2GB
    I'm not this cheap... ;)

hahahah

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    creative aurvana live + clip mic (i have it attached to the cable, not shirt ._., so i already have mic when i put headphones on).

really comfortable for long runs and good sound, positioning in bf3 is almost perfect (except when hearing different altitude) and bass is good enough to be fun.

If you can find Audio technica AD700 ( i think they are cheap in the US? like 100$, like 140€ in EU...) they are rumored to be the "not-ultra-expensive" allround best gaming headphones.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, I don't play games online... so I don't need a mic.
    And Skullcandy's sets aren't cheap. ;) They aren't overly expensive... but a good middle ground.

17. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    go for any senheisser heatphones

18. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    theirs some new plantronic headsets out which seem to be decent enough Plantronics GameCom 780 7.1

19. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I find that almost all Skullcandy stuff is trash. No offense, but it's just terrible compared to other brands. Maybe I didn't get a high end enough model but after hearing some of them I don't really want to.

20. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    turtle beach headsets seem better suited to consoles rather than pc use