Gaming Headphone...

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NeTbLasT, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Fruitrience.hk

Fruitrience.hk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 2900XT 512MB - Dell 2407FPW
    You are an idiot. Zalman 5.1 headsets are complete rubbish in terms of sound quality. In terms of 3D positioning they do no better than any other standard stereo headphone with a decent soundstage. The best cans for gaming are the Sennheiser HD595, Audio Technica A900 and the Beyerdynamic DT770

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  2. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    Average ear can hear from 20hz to 18khz I beleive, maybe higher. I am fairly sure on the 20hz being the bottom end though. Oh, usually the subsonic hz on headphones is very low, so it's pretty much pointless to say "I GOT HEADPHONES DEY BEAT JOOR SUBWOFFER!!ROONE!" That's my rant for today :). Some idiots at my school are like that.

3. GreenSmoke

GreenSmoke Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 660 OC FrzIII
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826159215

I've been using these for Four years and they have yet to displease me. Awsome sound quality with the Highs, mids, and very nice bass. Great for Movies, Music, and Gaming. Nice long coiled cord stretches to around 9 or 10 feet so you can jump around and rock out in your room without ripping the plug out.

It doesn't have surround sound stuff..but I don't care for that I rather have nice quality audio instead of hearing where footsteps are coming from.

Only a few Cons
    1: it has no mic attached for the gamers..but I dont use a mic anyways so it's perfect for me.
    2: The ear pads are starting to crack after 3 years of nonstop usage.
    3: They can get uncomfortable after a couple hours but moving them back a quarter to half inch back to relieve the pressure.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  4. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Audio Technica baby. Ad-700s here.

5. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I have a pair of Zalmans 5.1 and they're really bad, they used to be good when I never had something better, but well ever since I got my SteelSound 5H or even my Plantronics Audio .90 the Zalmans sound REALLY bad compared to them. Sound quality is just awful. You want headphones or headset? For a headset I would definately go for the SteelSound 5H, as I heard they're top (or icemat siberias). But for headphones I would definately go for the Sennheiser HD595.

6. nomunk

nomunk Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    ur an idiot u lame dumb noob keep ur insults to urself geek, anyway the Zalman's have perfect sound postioning matter fact some of the best go read the reviews I have them and I also have the Sennhieser HD280's just goes to show that u haven't even used them and just talking out the side of ur sorry azz

7. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I can understand the practicality of headphones but I could never switch to them as my primary way of listening. A good sound system just provides so much more.