GameSir G7 SE

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Rich_Guy, May 6, 2024.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Can this be used without the Nexus software, i.e, can i just plug it into my PC, and it will just work straight off the bat ?

My 360 wireless adapter has given up the ghost, noticed the light wasn't on, thought it may just be that, so tried connecting my pad, but nope, pad just blinks, tried the adapter in other ports, but nothing, its dead as a dodo, so thought about getting another pad, and this one seems to get recommended, due to the hall effect sticks.

I don't use the MS store, don't have a MS account anyway, so gather i won't be able to get the software from it, if its needed, but as far as i can see, the software is only for creating profiles, calibrating etc...., which im not bothered about, i just want to plug the bugger in, and play :D

Thanks.

2. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    It will likely just be detected as a Xbox gamepad, or xinput gamepad, so your probably good to go. Let us know though :)

Rich_Guy likes this.
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well its got the Green designed for xbox sticker on it, so hopefully it will just work, just every video ive seen on YT, shows them all downloading and installing the software, then updating the firmware on it, and doing stick callibration etc....., can't find a definite, you can just plug it in, don't need the software, think i'll just give it a go, as can always take it back if its a nope :p

Thanks.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  4. apophis

apophis Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070
    you can use it without the software and also recalibrate and rebind back buttons
    but you will loose some good features
    like no 500hz or 1000 hz
    set the deadzone to 0 or whatever default is 10%
    use raw mode
    enable hair trigger on triggers and tweak deadzone
    remap any button
    D-pad diagonal lock

i have no complaints about this controller for games like God of War or Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Rich_Guy likes this.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks, as long as it'll just work like my old 360 pad, then that'll do me :)

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I'm interested in getting one as well. But I want to use my own softer cable. Apparently they made the USB C plug proprietary though? So other USB C cables just won't fit?

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i did see on one YT video, they had to shave a bit off another cable to get it to go in.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Got one, works a treat, no messing, just plugged straight in, shows as an xinput.

9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Not to say I'm not interested in the discussion but uh, was this thread really necessary? :p:rolleyes:

I wouldn't have asked the internet. Unless I didn't feel like freeing up a USB port on the front panel... you know I'mma just leave it there.

Maybe you have some sort of impairment that makes you hesitate which is why you asked?

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nope, as i said above, the videos ive seen, have shown it as not detected, until they've downed and installed the software, to update the firmware on it, so i thought thats what you had to do, and that would be a no go for me, as i can't get the software, due to not having an MS account, and thats the only way you can get the software now, on the MS store.

11. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    I use one too. Works great. I mostly play on mouse and keyboard so it likes to remind me it exists when I get a huge vibration on the desk from it while gaming.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No huge vibrations here, as only on the default rumble setting, need the software to be able to whack it up, but i can live with it, some rumbles better than none :p

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just found out about a program called Alt App installer, lets you download and install Apps from the MS store without an account or anything, so be able to get the Nexus.

14. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    How is the controller? I was going to grab that one but decided to grab a Flydigi Vader 3 Pro which is great so I then grabbed a Apex 4 which I love, The adaptive triggers are cool and the thumb sticks have tension adjustment.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its great, really responsive, comfortable to hold with the grips, not too light, not too heavy, it feels just right, and its not too 'clicky', and the triggers feel just right too, not too slack/ too stiff, same with the sticks, don't have a use for the 2x buttons underneath, so good that you can lock them off with the little switches.

The faceplate is magnetic too, easily clips off, so you can replace it with other designs, cables very long though, around 3m (which is about 10ft i think) , so with me sitting right next to my rig, i have to stack it back, its nicely braided though :D

Last edited: May 12, 2024
    TyrantofJustice likes this.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well i got the software, used the Alt App Installer, worked a treat :)

Whacked the vibration to the max! :D

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive now sync'd the triggers to the grips vibration, so they vibrate as well, and just had a good play with it (ooh err mrs! :p) on ROTTR, and its a cracking pad, feels great.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    My bad, it comes up as GameSir G7 SE - Controller for Xbox (i was looking in the wrong place :p).

The rumbles great maxed out :D