Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    Yep not installing this shite, you can't give people the option to not install GFE and then force it on them anyway, fcking stinks..

By the way yes it does install GFE.

k3lt likes this.
  2. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    So they hype up a bunch of features to get everyone updating thier drivers then "whoops" there's a "bug" that installs GeForce Experience and all its telemetry stuff on everyone's PC regardless of whether they selected it or not. How convenient.
    Hmm, Nvidia HMM.

Edit: Oh and here's a laugh, its on the notebook drivers as well as the desktop drivers!

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    I'll wait for the Hotfix :p

4. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Nice try. ULL does not affect image quality.

In regards to the GeForce Experience during install - yes there is a bug that installs even when you ask it not too. But guess what - it doesn't start unless you ask it too, so just uninstall after the driver install. Easy temp fix.

Guess you don't give credit to nVidia for releasing the feature before AMD or Intel. Guess you don't give credit that perhaps nVidia is taking advantage of the features of Turing to use it. Guess you don't give credit that nVidia never said it would be available for all GPUs.

This is like when it was revealed PCIE4 worked on prior AMD chipsets, but AMD pulled support and AMD fanboys defended them saying "well, AMD never said it would be supported on all mobos prior to X570". At least nVidia didn't give you cake and then take it away.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

5. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    Can anyone else confirm that thier Nvidia Control Panel is also missing after this install?

6. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Not missing. Do a Custom clean install.

7. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    I have done. It refuses to open.

8. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
  9. k3lt

k3lt Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB.
    If you installed DCH you need to install control panel from MS store.

10. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Good catch.

11. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    Its the regular version. What's happening is when I right-click on the desktop, I get the loading wheel coming up for about 5-10 seconds, then it briefly flashes with the control panel in the context menu before it disappears. After that it's just gone.

I can't even open it from the executable in program files, and stopping and starting (or restarting) NV Display Container service gets me back to the wheel stage.

Edit: Tried install the Windows Store version, I get "Application is not compatible with the installed Nvidia Driver"

Edit 2: Tried cleaning everything with DDU, same issue. Going to roll back to older driver and see if it fixes it.

Edit 3: Going back to 431.68 hotfix fixed the issue. Going to try installing a slimmed version of 436.02 on top.

Edit 4: Yep, same problem. These drivers are cursed :confused:

12. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Can someone with 1080 Ti test Firestrike, I used to get 31k graphics score overclocked, but now I'm only getting like 27-28k. This was already happening with earlier drivers though.

13. Forceflow

Forceflow Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1070ti
    Can confirm: doesn't allow me to deselect GFE during installation (even after selecting the correct radio button in the first screen). Canceled and went back to previous drivers.

14. Nastya

Nastya Active Member

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Cleaned installer myself, was able to install just fine, without GFE and the remaining trash.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its a bug in the NVI modules included with this package, i'll pass it on.

16. desmonds99

desmonds99 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 970
    Can you enable new features like integer scaling, sharping filter without GFE?

17. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Only the sharping filter requires GFE.

desmonds99 likes this.
  18. JAMVA

JAMVA Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080
    Open Issues in Version 436.02 : -

[Tom Clancy's The Division II]: The game may crash when played in DirectX 12 mode.

[Forza Motorsport 7]: There is corruption on the tracks in the game.

[HDR][Integer Scaling]: Blue-screen crash or system hang may occur when changing the resolution while using integer scaling with HDR

Firefox][G-SYNC]: When G-SYNC is enabled, flickering occurs with YouTube full-screen video playback when hovering over the timeline.

System crash occurs while installing the drivers on a system with GPUs from mixed architectures; for example, Fermi and Pascal.

:)

19. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC
    GeForce forums also many complaints about GFE. Supposedly...they restructured the setup.cfg file and that is why you can't uncheck. Wonder if on purpose...

20. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Ti
    Installs fine with NVSlimmer.