Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Very interesting driver both for the up to 25% performance improvement part and the part about Ultra Low Latency Options. I wonder if the performance improvements will also apply to Pascal and older GPU generations as only Turing is shown in the slides. I'm hoping there will be some carry over performance optimisations to BF1 considering it's using the same engine as BFV (which is included in the listing for performance optimisations), and I'm gonna try the new Ultra Low Latency Options, but I'm not sure that will make a difference considering I'm already at 180fps or in other words a 5.5ms rendering time per frame.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I have no idea but you can't alter BFV profile, it is locked to default.
    Probably why BFV is not in there chart about low latency rendering.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Iirc, a potential fix was being tested but this will continue for a few more weeks before it can land in a driver.

its not locked to default, you can actually change it by some windows permissions trickeries, but im not gonna go into them to encourage cheaters.

The application actually resets the profile at start, every start whether changes exist or not.

4. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    To be fair, there is no mention that this would be the case. They simply mention one (the easiest) way to download the new driver. Don't know why the writer would like to interpret the message that way. Sounds like a clickbait, which is a bit sad, as this is the last site on the Internet where I would expect to see one.

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    lol integer scaling on turing only is bullshit.
    Is hardware scaling without linear interpolation.

am i wrong?
    It is only for games with low res to do not get blurry.

BlindBison and Smough like this.
  6. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Cry me a river Justin dranklake

Smough, alanm and DJ_Casper like this.
  7. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    It works also with my GTX 1080 Ti

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I know what you mean and I agree. I didn't get the idea it was GFE exclusive until it was put that way and I read it. That said, since I use GFE too, I didn't even bother to think about it in the first place. But we shall see by the end of this day anyway. I too can imagine that the download page might just be delayed for an hour or too until they update the website, wouldn't even bother to complain about this.

I too couldn't imagine that being the huge issue. Such games should leave more than enough GPU power available to scale properly. Like I mentioned above, this should have been the default anyway.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Right, it resets it.
    I guess you could set to global, that might work, but BFV already has 1,2, 3 frame prerendering available.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Question of the day - how to download without GFE?

11. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    The "Ultra low latency" is just a hook. It's a fancy use of words for maximum pre rendered frames. This was in the windows insider program drivers. Didn't impress me then and it won't now. Smoke and mirrors. I do enjoy all the joust about over a set of drivers that will be forgotten in 3 weeks time though. Insult on, it's the kind and intelligent thing to do to a fellow enthusiast.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not quite, what you've got in this driver is not the same as the lowest latency setting.

Windows 10 64-bit

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bits

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nope.
    • Off: The game's engine will automatically queue 1-3 frames for maximum render throughput
    • On: Limits the number of queued frames to 1. This is the same setting as "Max_Prerendered_Frames = 1" from prior drivers
    • Ultra: Submits the frame just in time for the GPU to pick it up and start rendering

BlindBison and yasamoka like this.
  14. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Will Ultra Low Latency have any impact on performance? If not, why not have it enabled by default?

BlindBison likes this.
  15. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Not pre-rendering frames can result in performance problems, notably small frametime spikes. If suddenly a frame is more complex to render, and you don't have a frame ready to show, you might miss the VSYNC window, or with GSYNC it'll just be "late" which might result in perceived micro-stuttering

BlindBison likes this.

16. woniu

woniu Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE HD7850 2048 OC
  17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Seemingly "much ado about nothing" then. Good, I'd have seriously disagreed with Nvidia limiting this download to GFE only.

18. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I miss having my 880m gpu be supported...I wish I could install these drivers.

19. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    Anyone has DCH link? :)

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Only use this ultra low latency if u dont botter with nerfed gfx, u must have sharp eyes to see it, but its there slightly.