1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Glowtape

Glowtape New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S
    Digging some more into this 10-bit thing, it's the GSync module that doesn't do it. If you have the FreeSync version of the display, you can actually feed it 10-bit. I guess that's that.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The biggest thing you can do to make a visual difference is to use the temporal dithering registry trick that was found a while back, it does give some people headaches but for those who absolutely hate banding, it clears that up.

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    People say it doesn't work with 1903.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It works, but theres some problems getting it enabled because of the gamma and color banding issues mentioned on the 1903 Dashboard.

5. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Lol no, I got that from another post hahaha. I was just randomly watching the forums xD.

6. Liam Onestone

Liam Onestone Member

GPU:
    Nvidia MX150 Turbo
    hello everyone i'm new here.....

those drivers working fine on my Asus laptop with nVidia MX150
    Latency set to ultra and plays very well on Battlefield V all settings on 'high' running in DX12 mode
    on the previous driver I couldn't play it on high

Running Windows 10 x64 18362.10015

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Smough likes this.
  7. EerieEgg

EerieEgg Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  8. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Just like with AMD's Anti-Lag, yes, there is a chance of more stuttering in some situations. Ultra mode is meant for applications that have a very high FPS and require instant latency.

Its important to note nVidia's version is still considered BETA feature and compared to AMD, it is better: https://www.techradar.com/news/nvid...e-for-gpus-beats-amds-radeon-anti-lag-feature

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    the article does not say it is better, it says they are comparable to each other. In fact it says:

"With Radeon Anti-Lag, AMD claimed an improvement in response times of up to 31%, which would seem to roughly correlate (on average) with the benchmarks Nvidia provided here, although in the more extreme cases, Nvidia is claiming over 50% victories. So that makes it seem like Nvidia could possibly just have the edge here, although further (more direct) testing would be needed to fully draw that conclusion, of course."

No giving props to NVIDIA if they are undeserved. :)

Liam Onestone likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    "While Nvidia previously claimed it had its own anti-lag system for years, it’s now released a new, improved version that’s more in line with what AMD offers. Only better, according to its own benchmarks."

"First-party benchmarks need to always be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism"

And even that article pointed out that the results are from NVIDIA themselves, and that further 3rd party testing is needed.

pharma likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, so lets wait on the noobtubers to do their thing or see if Hilbert does a comprehensive review.

pharma likes this.
  13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  14. Liam Onestone

Liam Onestone Member

GPU:
    Nvidia MX150 Turbo
    Nvidia claims 50% I doubt that for now, maybe Nvidia can gain 50% with future new drivers, but I'm sure
    impressed with this driver :)

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    I see. I'm not normally using HDR, so I never noticed these things not being fixed. But the flickering/artifacting without HDR at 3840x2160 resolution is gone with the 435.27 drivers on various computers I tested, while it's present in other drivers including the latest 436.02.

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    It was said here that new Latency feature doesn`t work with DX12.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Not only that but BF V reset driver settings everytime you launch the game. Yeah i know there is a workaround for that but you can't change anything in NVCP after that.

18. uggis007

uggis007 New Member

GPU:
    2x2080ti
    Is the dx12 now working on the division 2 on this new magnificent driver? Does anybody know?

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Try setting it to global if that doesn't have negitiveeffects on other game.
    I get in console with " RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" -1 which AFAIK means NVCP is being used.
    I used to run RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 in user.cfg but that only works one seesion/game, next game and reverts to -1.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was look at this new setting for low latancy mode or what ever it called and in the image it look like the remove the pre render setting? what about the thread optimize? did the remove those 2 and combine them like i been hearing