Gamescom 2016: Prey trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Yea... this is NOWHERE near Prey. Unless they're leaving out a LOT of the Prey-esque elements of the game from the trailers. Prey was creative... and surprisingly gory for what it was. The use of the portals... never really having any idea what orientation you might be standing in after going through one... unreal. This just looks like crap so far.

2. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    So for the sake of argument, let's pretend this wasn't Prey, but some new game written from scratch. Let's also assume we don't care about the graphics. I'd like to think a teaser trailer would give me an idea about what sort of game it is (is the combat fast-paced? Big mobs? Anything that might make this a unique FPS?).

If the point of a teaser trailer is just to say, in effect, "we're making x game, just so you know" but without details, a press release with some text would be better than some what I imagine is fairly misleading game footage. Do you remember the E3 cinematic trailer? That got me psyched for Prey 2.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    .... how exactly is a 2 minute trailer with nothing but cinematics... no gameplay whatsoever.... any different from a teaser trailer that PRACTICALLY shows no gameplay?

And, for the sake of argument... you're right... this ISN'T Prey.... it IS a game written from scratch. It's just stupid to use the EXACT name of a game that had come out 11 years prior than it's own planned release. Even worse when the game doesn't even really seem all that original. It honestly just kinda looks like any other not-on-earth sci-fi shooter. Say.... Doom. Just, you know... with the ability to turn into inanimate objects to complete puzzles.

4. makaveli316

makaveli316 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I find more disturbing the fact that they are showing a first person shooter on a console.
    Those controller movements on a fps game makes me sick.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I started re-playing the original again this weekend with Sikkmod and its still amazing. I'm disappointed that they are no longer selling the original because they "ran out" of keys. Hopefully with the new game coming out they will put it back on Steam so people that have never played it can experience it.