Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jbscotchman, Oct 26, 2017.
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City
I loved Syphon Filter, can't remember much now about it other than head shots though lol.
Remaster wise, i would like Tomb Raider 2. Have the game redone with new visuals and "modern" gameplay, but also have the option of replaying the game with the original gameplay untouched, but the new visuals.
Yes^...Tomb Raider 2 would be so cool...I remember when I had to learn to walk to edge of cliff then jump back then run forward and JUMP/Hold Grab to catch the ledge over there!
Neverwinter Nights 1/2
The game engine could really use an upgrade.
Half-Life 2, use CinematicMod 2013. Fakefactory has finished with it, but another group is working on further improvements based on CM 2013, but they won't release it until at least stable. They were doing alphas that they stated were buggy, but instead of getting feedback on bugs they got whingeing and complaints. Since it wasn't beneficial they are doing internally until ready. CM 2013 is fantastic, this later version will likely be as close to a remake you'll find.
Mafia I would be great as a remake, especially if they add a whole lot more stuff to it. A plain remake of the 2002 game may seem lacking compared to Mafia III, GTA V etc.
They should merge COD 2 and COD 5 and remaster that. Both of these were WWII, and a combination would appear seamless. Game engines are basically the same which would help.
Yeah CM for HL 2 is basically a remaster / remake, it's a total conversion which really brings the game to life in a new way! I was absolutely stunned by the mod the first time I tried it.
Incidentally playing Black Mesa now and it almost rivals CM in places executionwise.
It's paid for now though, I might but it when it is finished.
CM: Awakening is the third party continuation of CM 2013, with Fakefactory's approval. There is a trailer for it in YouTube, but it's outdated now. There are a few new screenshots at the end if the recent news update post though. It also looks like they got those scenes that were cut from the original game, on top of those already included in CM 2013.
- Mass Effect 1, hasn't aged well at all in my opinion (and I consider it among the best games of all time)
- Knights of the Old Republic (mentioned already but I think it's a given, I'd like to revisit that game again)
- Dragon Age: Origins (another amazing game, but hasn't aged well at all, probably even worst than ME1 by now)
- Perfect Dark (absolutely)
- HeXen (call me crazy but I loved it, I'd love to see what a remaster could do)
- Shadow Man (the Dreamcast and PC versions were the best, but a full remaster would be amazing, it's one of my favorite action / creepy / semi-horror adventure games ever)
- Killer Instinct (the original, Arcade version properly remastered; I know it was reintroduced on the XBOX One's version of KI 2013 but it wasn't an actual remaster)
- Command & Conquer 2 A.K.A. Tiberian Sun (my favorite in the main timeline outside of Red Alert, I'd love to see it remastered in the style of the StarCraft remaster Blizzard did recently)
- Star Fox 64 (they could easily do that on the Switch, they did remaster or 'enhance' some Zelda games like Ocarina of Time later on, so why not Star Fox's turn now?)
- Red Faction (the first one, would love a remaster of that gem of a game, I remember being blown away at the time when I first played it on the PS2; Geo-Mod'ed the heck out of those Martian mines)
- Mortal Kombat 1, 2 & 3 (they've been re, re-re and re-re-re released left and right on countless platforms but they've NEVER been properly remastered to this very day; sad)
- Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines (I've had it on Steam for years; I played it maybe 1 hour and quit; but give me a remaster and I'll go back in, since I liked the subject of the game)
- Rampage / World Tour (does anyone even remember that franchise? It's just pure mindless fun and I'd love to get a remaster for that, still 2D or 2.5D with nice backgrounds, would love it)
- Powerslave A.K.A. Exhumed (a largely-forgotten FPS gem, but if they remaster it they'll have to implement all the different things they did for specific platforms in one mega package)
- Diablo 2 (that one... if they ever remaster it like they did with StarCraft, I'll need new pants)
I could keep going on and on of course there's many more but I'll leave it at this.
Had this (still have) on the Sega Saturn, brilliant game for it's time - even preferred it to the Saturn port of Duke Nukem 3D which was great.
AssassinsCreed II needs a remake with the current engine of GR Wildlands / AC Origins. That would rock.
How could I forget about this one! There is still hope for it tho ..
Original Resident Evil
Rise of the Triad
Unreal Tournament 99
Half Life 2 for sure
You'll be quite happy then (as am I)
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MVRS due for PS4 and PC (Steam)
Call of Duty 2 & Brother in Arms (part 1)
Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
I'd like to see a remake of SiN. Also sidescroller shooter Abuse would be cool with modern gfx.
Obviously preserve the gameplay / feel of the originals.
Oh, and Die Hard Trilogy! It was a fun game pack after all with a killer soundtrack imo
I would like to see some very old games
Dino Crisis 1-2
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
Unreal Tournament 99
Max Payne 1-2
NFS 6 (based on PS2 version, PC version was not that good)
Half Life 1-2 (black messa and cinematic mods were OK, but I would like to see some professional remake with the best graphics possible)
Some people lists also Doom 3, but IMHO that game still looks nice with mods, and remaster would most likely not use per pixel real time shadows anymore (for example shadows in Doom 4 looks worse to me)
I would like to see Jade Empire and Descent remastered.
Unreal Gold on the Unreal 4 engine
Duke 3D (this was actually being done, until Gearbox killed it)
Opposing Force/Blue Shift (apparently this is still on going like Black Mesa)
Quake 2 and 4
GTA4 because the textures look awful