Games in Compatibility Mode

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Fiend119, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Fiend119

Fiend119 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I play my games on Windows 10 and I also happen to play a lot of older PC games that I can't play without using compatibility mode, the problem is that these sames games usually need to be capped at a specific framerate as well. But for some reason whenever I try to cap a game I'm running in compatibility mode it doesn't work, have tried for multiple games, almost all my games that I'm playing with compatibility mode I use Windows XP (Service Pack 2). The weird thing is that I could've sworn I remember it working in the past, maybe a windows update or a rivatuner update caused this to not work anymore? I have a way around this by using Nvidia Profile Inspector but I don't get why it doesn't work with Rivatuner or if there is a way to get it working, and I would much prefer just using Rivatuner.

2. XenonS

XenonS Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    Both MSIAfterburner and Rivaturner have the capability to cap FPS which is a good thing and will greatly save your GPU load. With the newest MSIAfterburner and RivaTurner I have no problems doing that, even for games which need XP compatibility. But I think they must be run in Fullscreen and not in Window Mode for it to work (I may be wrong with that thoujgh).

3. Fiend119

Fiend119 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I have everything up to date on both MSIAfterburner and RivaTuner and for some reason games on Service Pack 2 just don't get capped when I use rivatuner.

4. XenonS

XenonS Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    I have just tested this problem with a game that requires WinXP compatibility (Parkan 2). It's true that no statistics will be shown. If I change the Compat mode to Win7 it works, also in Window Mode. This solution is only good for you if you play under Win10.