Gamers Report Core i7-7700 / 7700K temperature spikes

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 4, 2017.

1. TheF34RChannel

TheF34RChannel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 Strix
    If only I had the coins... I'd be over Skylake-X like a drunk..., well, you know...

I've been checking the Intel forum thread and there's not even that many people reporting the issue, especially not if you consider how many chips are probably sold. The thread is however, full of sheep jumping onto this like mad. Got to love the Internet!

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well then you won't get an answer. It's been HT since Sandy Bridge. My 2600k needs more volts than my 2500k at 4.6 and runs about 8C hotter on air.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Some users suggest this happens on certain motherboards with auto overclocking.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    HT is the answer. It was the same answer for Nehalem.

5. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I recommend delid 7700K. Then CPU spikes will not bothering U more. Coz that lose impact of that matter.

Just don't doing this by cut. That harm CPU PCB where paths are.

Well.. I done my delid by using good vice, and hair dryer, some ALU tape for compensation.
    Whole operation take 5 minutes. No scratches. No traces on the PCB. No need special tools. And go smooth. 15*C less..

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  6. Stankia

Stankia Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    I had this problem for months now and it's driving me crazy! It's not so much that the CPU is overheating while gaming but it's those damn random temp spikes. Here's a video of just opening up chrome:

youtube.com/watch?v=HmlLw9pF5D8

(I hope you can hear the fans ramping up)

For some reason the temp sensor spikes for just a second and the fans kick in at 100% even though the temps go back to normal 2 seconds later. Actually the fans run quieter when gaming and it doesn't go above 60C. I have my fans set at the lowest temp curve but it's not really helping. I think the temperature sensor is faulty.