GamenabDSRPatch.exe (Enable DSR on SLI+GSYNC setups) (YES IT WORKS)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dreamss, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The gsync stuff he posted is utter nonsense at least.

2. poweruo

poweruo Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 ti Reference
    People got it to work on some displays/setups using that driver so i wouldnt say utter nonsense.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No they didn't. And that guy's video showing proof that it works was running games in windowed mode. G-sync doesn't work in windowed mode so unless this guy was able to reverse engineer the g-sync technology and recreate it to his liking all within the driver, it was BS.

4. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Apparently it did work with certain laptops but not on desktops, we still need a monitor with a g sync module to get it working on a desktop, something to do with laptop lcd's having a more direct connection that allow G sync to work with this specific driver.

5. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    windows ui manager can support gsync while windowed, the 350 drivers actually enables gsync on the desktop to support some win10 thing

reason some ppl had the dudes gsync hack work and some dint was cause each monitor needs some specific varibless, the monitors that had gsync work were the same as wat the laptop had

the dude also posted how to enable the gpu passtru on vimware and the like which normally requires a quatro

when i tried to do custom profile downsample a while back it dint work for me

6. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    I had flickering when DSR was enabled...

the v2 sli bridges supposed to fix that issue
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1550293/evga-new-pro-sli-bridges-v2

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2320480
    this is prolly whats needed to get DSR to work with sli+gsync

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  7. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Possibly worth a try and I do get the odd flickering when using Gsync at lower refresh rates, in Dirt 3 I tend to get flickering in the menu's using 100hz or below with Gsync enabled but with 120hz and 144hz it works perfectly so maybe it's something to do with Gsync's variable refresh rate and the sli bridge that might be the problem altho to be honest I can't see how having a new bridge will keep the DSR settings from disappearing once Gsync is enabled.

8. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    GamenabDSRPatch.exe enables DSR when using gsync+sli

and.. higher pixel clock bridge fixes the crash to black screen or and flicker (maybe just the soft sli bridge will do it)

i compiled a list of the sli bridge issues here http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2320649

I only flicker when using DSR but i DO have the solid 3 way bridge on just 2way sli

BUT i seen this issue contantly when using dx12 nv drivers

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    A bridge cannot possibly enable much higher pixel clocks by being a newer 'version'. A bridge is essentially a cable, and unless the SLi connectors themselves are of higher bandwidth, requiring better bridges, they are not going to do anything extra.

Nvidia have even been using the PCI-E bus to pass data when running multiple high resolution monitors since the SLi interface did not have enough bandwidth to accomplish that.

All that's left is for them to just move over to bridgeless SLi just like AMD are doing CF now.

10. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    sadly, i think it just shorts some pin to make the card set the clock based on the bios disp field...

2013-09-24, 02:31:07
    But fewer clock while means less high downsampling it for more stability !? The titanium exits at 1200MHz or less. With 1080Mhz (although they ran without errors) could're there already very close to the limit and error rather than as occur with 980Mhz. Are needed in order to provide clarity about GK104 even more volunteers (GTX680, 690, 770) User must dare. With my GTX 670 Gigabyte combination of WF3 (F13 Bios) Eizo S2431W and (16:10 1920x1200, unmodified manufacturer drivers installed) went to date, only slightly more than 3200x2000 @ 59 Hz, to the total horizontal pixels of 2080 to 2020 and had to Vertical TP of 1235 will be reduced to 1,210. With 2880x1800 60 Hz @ car ran smoothly. The clock of the VPU directly from 540 to 980 MHz hochzuprügeln other hand, really did not sound like a good idea at that titanium default value of 648 MHz are more likely. After the flash, the 3200x2000 wanted finally with 60 Hz @ car even 3360x2100 work without modification :) biggrin :) and the maximum 3456x2160 @ 59 Hz went on high, also with HTP 2020 & 1210 VTP. In the hope of 3840x2400 in GTA4 & Dark Souls I flashed the card then with 704 VPU MHz clock, only to sit in front of a Windows application diagonally violently flickering screen. : Eek:. After a reboot, and importing the already on the USB stick Backup BIOS (!!!) everything was good again and I tried again with 680 MHz time there were no flickering, but were from NV Inspector as before with the first mod only 648 MHz displayed, and the previously still functioning new DS resolutions no longer went, instead, there were only a ca 3 mm high section of the desktop at the top of the screen to see the rest remained black. Now I'm back at 648 MHz and try to liquidate piece by piece to get ahead, but just no avail more: - VTP of 1210 seem to fit, less produces a purple stripe on the bottom of the screen and 1300 to remain so - 58 Hz is the minimum for the TFT with 3520x2200 @ 58 Hz and 2322 HTP 1210 VTP is the pixel clock at 162.9579 MHz and there is only me now well known 3mm shot and with only one pixel more in the horizontal plane of the monitor is a> 163 MHz Input warning. - - : up: and kudos for OC_Burner, 3360x2100 @ 60Hz alone for the tinkering has been worth it.

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-454129-p-26.html

[​IMG]

11. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I still can't enable G Sync + SLI + DSR even after using the patch, I may try one of these sli bridges but I'm doubtful it will make a difference, my pixel clock at native res 1080p 144hz is 325mhz, if my sli connector is some how effecting my max pixel clock I might as well see, it's a cheap part and I like the aesthetics of these new bridges altho I think i'll go for the Nvidia Green ones for my rig.

12. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    It worked just fine but frquires work and troubleshooting

seems nv control panel wont add the custom res when gsync is enabled

I had dsr running while full screen with no flicker for anything under 3840, seems rhe flicker is from running the full screen game with a diff res than the main monitor. i used nvlddmkm-patcher-full.exe (for just incase)

also changed my cards bios disp to 640, (red boxes in kep bios tweaker)

basicly had to change all this **** in the ss

[​IMG]

13. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    So basically done everything you showed there

- Modded Bios to include 640 DISP
    - Ran DSREnabler
    - Ran nvlddmkm-patcher-full.exe

Still DSR + SLI + Gsync refuses to work, however before doing all these things the highest max refresh rate I could achieve at 1440p using custom resolution while using G Sync and SLI was 85hz, but after doing all these things I can now reach a custom resolution of 1440p at 100hz with SLI + Gsync so not a complete waste of time, I will pick up one of these new sli bridges now and see if that solves my issue with DSR.

14. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    by refusing to work, u dont see the new resolutions offered in the game?

15. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    Bzzt, wrong again. The current driver enables Gsync on the desktop, so it's possible. He definitely got it running on his eDP display. Whether or not you accept it is a different story.

16. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Yeah the resolutions don't appear in game or in nv control panel, I can get them to appear by disabling sli but as soon as I re enable sli they vanish again, shame but not a huge issue right now I'll just stick with regular downsampling until they get it sorted.

17. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    you gotta disable gsync in the control pannel for the resolutions to be added

18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Disabling G sync does work but once I re enable it the resolutions disappear again and the disable g sync option in the drivers doesn't work right I have to enable 3dvision to disable it completely and then I can see the DSR resolutions but like I said as soon as I re enable G sync the DSR resolutions dissappear.

19. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    might be cause im using windows 10?

I used 347.88 (clean install), made sure DSRenabler was uninstalled, rebooted, disabled gsync, enabled sli, installed dsrenabler, ran nvlddmkm-patcher-full.exe, rebooted, in nv control panel:

change resolution tab: customize -> click on enable resolutions not exposed
    adjust desktop size: made sure override the scaling mode was enabled, and made sure full screen gpu was selected
    manage 3d settings: enabled dsr 0% and all resolutions

then enabled gsync, after all that the resolutions were listed in windows "screen resolution" menu and listed in GFE

maybe (if your using 350.12) they made the gsync enable/disable reset DSR OR windows10 affects the reset since it now enables gsync on the desktop

20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I'm not using Windows 10 currently on Windows 8.1, I'm fairly certain I got DSR + GSYNC and sli working with a workaround when I was running Windows 7 tho so maybe it is something to do with Windows 8.1, but as I say it's not a huge issue for me right now I'll just stick with traditional down-sampling..