Game wattman profile override Global wattman profile

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Sep 13, 2017.

1. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RADEON RX 480 OC
    First, sorry for my english i'snt my native languaje.

Now, the problem....
    this is my global watrman settings.
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

And this is a random game wattman profile
    [​IMG]

every time i can play games, global wattman is override for the last game profile i play. in this case after play, wattman global setting looks like second image.

My card RX 480, any ideas for solutions????

2. warlord

warlord Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X MSI(1080/1500)
    Leave everything at stock with AMD gpus. They are bad at almost everything. Wattage, Temps, Stability. And you will be OK.

3. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RADEON RX 480 OC
    I dissagre, This is my first AMD card ever and performance is great maybe you are reason in wattage consume (a bit high), not a great overclocked but very stable. bad hardware, i say no!!!! i say lazy developers period

OnnA and robnitro like this.
  4. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64
    Not sure that's much help there warlord. Just stating misconceptions isn't going to help the guy understand how to OC or make his GPU more power efficient.

Currently I'd say Wattman is still beta grade software with bugs all over the place. Having different profiles may work, I personally haven't used them. Only used the global profile to bench test and game test my Vega64. Though I do have to reset it regularly if testing and when I hit frequency bugs (locks to P State 5) I need to reset. The software isn't really finished IMO and they do need to improve on that. Only workaround I can currently suggest is remove the game profiles and use the global profile as a general overclock until Wattman is more functional or there's an update to 3rd party software like Afterburner.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro Fiji-X HBM 1150/570