Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the launch of Outriders, which features NVIDIA DLSS technology.

Additionally, this release also provides optimal day-1 support for:
    • DIRT 5's new ray tracing update
    • The launch of Evil Genius 2: World Domination
    • The launch of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series on the Epic Games Store
    Gaming Technology
    • Includes support for Resizable BAR across the GeForce RTX 30 Series of Desktop and Notebook GPUs
    • Includes beta support for virtualization on GeForce GPUs

Release 465 Driver https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/465.89/465.89-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Download https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-465-89-whql-driver-download.html

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    NVIDIA Resizable BAR Firmware Update Tool

This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the launch of Outriders, which features NVIDIA DLSS technology.

Additionally, this release also provides optimal day-1 support for:
    • DIRT 5's new ray tracing update
    • The launch of Evil Genius 2: World Domination
    • The launch of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series on the Epic Games Store
    Gaming Technology
    • Includes support for Resizable BAR across the GeForce RTX 30 Series of Desktop and Notebook GPUs
    • Includes beta support for virtualization on GeForce GPUs
    Learn more in the Game Ready Driver article

New Features and Other Changes

OpenCL 3.0

Added support for OpenCL 3.0, the latest major version of OpenCL maintaining backward
    compatibility with OpenCL 1.2. NVIDIA OpenCL 3.0 continues to support existing OpenCL 1.2 functionality as well as Khronos and vendor extensions that are already supported with NVIDIAOpenCL 1.2 drivers.

• The following new features beyond existing NVIDIA OpenCL 1.2 features are supported by NVIDIA OpenCL 3.0
      • RGBA vector component naming in OpenCL C kernels
      • pragma_unroll hint
      • opencl_3d_image_writes
      • clCreate*WithProperties APIs which can be used as replacement for existing clCreateBuffer/Image APIs.
      • clSetContextDestructorCallback
      • clCloneKernel from OpenCL 2.1
      • clEnqueueSVMMigrateMem from OpenCL 2.1
    Incorporates the following experimental 2.0 features:
    • Device side enqueue
      • The current implementation is limited to 64-bit platforms only.
      • OpenCL 2.0 allows kernels to be enqueued with global_work_size larger than the compute capability of the NVIDIA GPU. The current implementation supports only combinations of global_work_size and local_work_size that are within the compute capability of the NVIDIA GPU.
      • For executing kernels (whether from the host or the device), OpenCL 2.0 supports non-uniform ND-ranges where global_work_size does not need to be divisible by the local_work_size. This capability is not yet supported in the NVIDIA driver, and therefore not supported for device side kernel enqueues.
    • Shared virtual memory
      • The current implementation of shared virtual memory is limited to 64-bit platforms only.
    Application Profiles
    Added the following SLI profiles.
    • Shenmue III (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
    • The Medium (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
    Other Changes
    Added support for extended DP-to-HDMI 2.1 PCON clock frequency range to better support 8K TVs.
    Changed the G-SYNC on-screen status indicator to be less obtrusive.

Limitations in This Release

The following features are not currently supported or have limited support in this driver release:

OpenCL 3.0 Known Issues

• Device-Side-Enqueue related queries may return 0 values, although corresponding built-ins can be safely used by kernel.
    • The denorms that were flushed to zero by default when cl-fast-relaxed-math on OpenCL 1.2 drivers won't be flushed to zero with OpenCL 3.0 driver by default.
    Using HDR with Games

There may be issues resulting from the interaction between in-game HDR settings and the
    Windows HDR settings. See the NVIDIA Knowledge Base Article 5072 (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5072) for details.

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 465.89
    The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

Fixed Issues in this Release
    • [Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan]: Smoke appears pixelated. [3266916]
    • [Vulkan][X4: Foundations 4.00/X4: Cradle of Humanity] The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 Series. [200701230]
    • [GeForce RTX 3090]: Blue-screen crash occurs when Samsung Odyssey G9 is paired with HDMI TV. [3240366]
    • [GeForce RTX 2060]: Blue-screen crash (DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION) occurs when playing a game and watching YouTube video simultaneously. [3196272]
    • [Sunset Overdrive]: The application may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. [2750770]
    • Realtek Displayport-to-HDMI 2.1 protocol converter clock limited to 600MHz pixel clock. [3202060]
    • [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain high er refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566].
    • [GFE Screenshot/HDR]: Application screenshots are washed out when HDR is enabled. [3229781]
    Open Issues in in this Release
    • [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game. [3206341]
    • [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2]: The games experience low FPS. [3231218/3230880]
    • [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. [3202250]
    • [Adobe Camera RAW 12.x]: RAW files may show up black in Adobe Lightroom. [3266883]
    • [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]
    • [VR]: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR may stutter if Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is disabled. [3246674]
    • (YouTube): Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705] Fixed by March 29, 2021—KB5000842
    • [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]

alanm, fluidz, Aldek and 9 others like this.
  3. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Great number leap ?? nvm I see the previous post edited with info :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  4. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    r465_81-5

valorex likes this.

5. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    How to check if Resizable BAR is active?

6. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Is this ever going to be fixed or...?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GPU-Z / NVCP Support info.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    @ManuelG is the fix for WoW still being tested?

9. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    On my system Resizable Bar states disabled still waiting on new bios from ASUS

10. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Now lets hope this driver is an actually good one.

11. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Good release, for my system at least. I do not have to use dev drivers anymore. Gsync is fixed for low refresh rate and HAGS does not crash my system. Kinda feels smoother too but that could be just placebo.

fluidz likes this.
  12. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    Same. Updated Bios on my z390 Aorus Master, enabled 4G encoding and set "Resizable BAR" to "Auto", converted OS disk to GPT and GPU-Z reporting that it's still disabled.

13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
  14. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    There is Resizable BAR flashing tool on Asus 3080 TUF support page, unless you meant motherboard BIOS?

15. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Where do you guys check updates for MSI cards? Dragon center or the live update tool which does not open at all for me...

16. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Generally bios files will show up here first. At some point MSI will post a bios update but it will be months from now due to the legalize they will need to post with the updated bios to release them from all responsibility if something goes wrong.

17. thamp3dude

thamp3dude Member

GPU:
    asus strix 1080ti
    stop playing the game maybe :p:p:p;);) that game should be a FTP game

18. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    I wonder if/when nvidia will unlock rebar on the 2000 and 1000 series cards.

Herochild likes this.
  19. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    I guess Live Update tool, which shows it was updated for ReBAR support, although I think only for motherboards. Can't find any information for MSI cards, but I guess it can take until end of April.

20. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Interesting there is no such tool on the Strix support page - latest vBIOS is still from Dec

Edit: There now! Grabbing!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021