Game purchases you regret.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by F1refly, Oct 31, 2010.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Demons Souls (PS3)
    MAG(PS3)
    Medal of Honor 2010
    Battlefield 2142
    Halo 3 (360)
    Global Agenda
    C&C4: Tiberian Twilight
    BioShock 2 (360)
    StarCraft II

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - It was like playing through a Micheal Bay film, horrible dialog, horrible story telling, cheap/lifeless characters... all style and no substance.

FarCry 2 - Just... meh. Pretty visuals are not enough to sustain a game with a paper thin story, horrible voice acting, tedious gameplay... a lifeless world... just meh.

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i can't believe some of these games listed i'm seeing, some of which i thought were pretty good. maybe the mood wasn't right, there has been a few games i never gave a real chance just cause i wasnt in the mood for that particular type.

4. Styromaniac

Styromaniac New Member

GPU:
    5870 2GB Toxic Edition
    Oblivion, but since the total conversion mod called Nehrim came out, it may be the only reason to keep playing any form of the game.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    BF:BC2 and UT3.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    UT3, but I mainly bought it for the Renegade X mod.

Half-Life 2, I really never got into the series, don't know why. The only portions I really used out of the Orange Box was Team Fortress 2 and Portal.

Shattered Horizon ... the game was only fun for like a few days and then it just lost on me, mainly because my rig can't really power that game. It's just as bad as Crysis when it came to min. specs.

deltatux

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personal preference my friend, personal preference. I've seen FEAR 2 listed a few times, and I love it. Sure it's not as great as the original... but, IMO, it's still a solid and enjoyable title.
    And I fully know there are people that like FarCry 2, or MW2... or some other titles I've gotten and felt disappointed by.

Basically, I don't care. :) If someone dislikes a game I enjoy... so what, it doesn't effect how I feel about the game and how much I enjoy it. I can still love the game... even if they don't.

And I'd like to add another one.

Resident Evil 5 - As a RE game, it's a total fail. The game is not scary, not even creepy... it felt like they tried to take RE4 and mix it with Gears of War. It just doesn't work.
    A beautiful game, visually stunning... but as a Resident Evil title... it's a complete miss.

8. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    Game PURCHASES is it?

I don't buy many games..... very fussy..... I avoid games with frustration, hard work, Linearity, and no replayability.

Sticking to the PC only.... The only ones that come to mind are:

Black & White - Got this before I realised that I hate God games and any 'Top-Down' game like this seems to me to be like some kind of throwback to the early days (Amiga..... anyone?)

System Shock 2 - I know a lot of people like this game, but I found it to be too frustrating..... Could never get past a certain stage.

I almost could have added Thief: The Metal Age to this short list. Played for a bit, then plonked it on the shelf (where it stayed for over a year). But one day, I found cheats for the game, so I tried it, and found that I could get further into it.... well.... talk about "Hiding Your Light Under a Bushel"! I found out that it had so much more to offer, and continued to the end. (Saved by cheats!)

Oh and...... WooooOOOOOoooo! WoooOOOOoooo! I'm a Ghostie! :eek:ver:......... And all that Halloween nonsense to you.

9. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    You used cheats? I have two copies of this game (original discs and sold out version) and have only completed it once, but what a brilliant game (must complete the first one - The Dark Project) :thumbup:

EDIT :- Have you ever played any fan made missions for Thief?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Some games require cheats to be fun, like Indigo Prophecy, or Call of Clthulu.

Sorry, but if you're stuck on a part of the game for a week...then that's just bad design.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Never used a cheat to finish Call of Cthulhu... but I will admit there were a few puzzles that had my frustration way up. So I stopped playing for a while, came back later and was able to get through it.

12. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Troll :biggun: :banana:

13. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Damn, just remembered another couple of games that I would like to add to my list, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and FIFA 06, such rubbish games, wish I'd never bought them lol

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I felt mislead with UT3 saying how it had SP with story, my hopes overcame my senses thinking it was like the first Unreal, although i never understood why it was never as popular as UT2k4, i didnt think it was any worse.

15. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    anyone ever played Sky Surfer, worst game ever made, bar none. mum bought it for me a few years ago, I win thread :p

16. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Don't have that many games that I own on steam. Almost each and every purchase I made on steam was on sales/ discount, so I made sure that each and every game I bought was well worth it. However, I do regret buying L4D2, not because the game is crap, but because not many legitimate players here in the country, no decent latency servers are located in the close proximity either, stuck with playing at 450ms, making it unplayable. Other than that, all other games I have on steam are best bang for their bucks.

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You are one out of many then that didn't think it was worse. it really doesn't even hold a flame to 2k4 in terms of balance or online play. Certain things like double jump got removed which I didn't really mind, but I minded everything else.

The interface completely consolized, no advance settings available, really played and felt like a GOW game, not and unreal game. Maps were pretty boring and uninspired, looked pretty and played like crap..

So to sum up my feelings ut99 and ut2k4 >>>>>>>> UT3 by leaps and bounds.
    Maybe its just that you weren't really a devout Unreal player?? I guess when you played UT as much as I did you notice the intricacies a lot more.. got I hate ut3 what a pile

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I've always liked Unreal, but I was never a pro or anything. I was a Counter-Strike competitive type. I personally don't see how UT3 is unfun, the maps are gigantic and I like the stuff they added like the hoverboard.

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well I dunno how you finished them, because it is literally impossible without cheats, there are game-breaking bugs that have no fixes but using the Patch / Config cheater thing.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Patience. A whole lot of patience, and you can use the patch without cheating... it solves a lot of the bugs. And ones I did encounter I was able to get past by restarting the checkpoint.