Game publisher 2K announces new BioShock game

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 12, 2019.

1. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Shouldn't be too hard to make this a success. The gameplay formula of the series is about having different approaches to roast enemies with your weapon and plasmid set, while having those neutral Big Daddies roaming around. The second game was not written by Levine and it was pretty good, so I don't have any fear about the story. It was gameplay wise even more intense, though sometimes very hectic with the tight spaces. Infinite was different because you had the open space and long range rifles, furthermore enemies inflicted more damage and there was no Big Daddy equivalents. All this made the game feel slightly more a military shooter than a Shock-game and it is also pretty tough on the hard difficulty. What Infinite maintained is the great voice acting and even more interesting plot, though not philosophically as thought provoking. The first one is still better due to the intense atmosphere and more satisfying combat, which together make it one of the greatest games of all time. The new game will have hard time matching the first one especially in atmosphere, but I'm more looking forward to it carrying similiar themes story wise and of course the action centered core with plasmid kind of powers (or straight up plasmids). The timeline and place don't matter that much to me, the game just needs to be a frantic shooter and it would be nice if the subject around the story is a political one, in which I include even warfares (like WW1 & WW2). No thanks to hidden agendas though.

I do not wish the game having any RPG style progression, multiplayer or much of interacting with others, but completing tasks in a wide open area like in System Shock 1 with more open spaces would work nicely with gadgets like in Sekiro as an example and respawning enemies too. Indeed, every shock game needs those nasty reappearing enemies so the player would maintain strong focus on saving ammo and finding the straightest way to the objective. Of course there can be an option to disable respawning, but it should be on by default. Only challenge in open world design is the scaling of the enemies so you would have progressively rising difficulty. It could work if after completing story related tasks new tougher enemies appear all around the area for some reason. Enemy variety is of course important and the feeling of loneliness that you exist there only with the enemies, not with interactive NPCs or any other safe things, should be there. The possibilities for improvement are immense.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hopefully they leave multiplayer and micro-transactions out and just focus on a good story.

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I have no idea what you people are talking about.. The 3rd one was really good! Cool premise. The girl following you around was really cool. How she threw you ammo or money. Open tears.. A really fun game.. I've actually been playing it. I was wondering if we were going to get another Bioshock and I saw this.. Very Cool.. Hope they don't Muck it up!