game pads

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PhazeDelta1, May 15, 2011.

1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I have a wired XBOX 360 controller on my PC ... for my XBOX 360, I have 4 wireless XBOX 360 controllers ... my dad bought them for me so no complaints there :p. I got my wired XBOX 360 controller for $25 because I bought mine in HKG, 3 of the 4 wireless controllers are from HKG as well and they costed my family about $40 each as well.

I got a wired PC controller when there were more Games for Windows game, had a XBOX 360 since 2006 so I was the reverse of what you did lol.

deltatux

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    nah i wont need wireless. im gonna try out the wired logitech controller. unless i can find the same controller i was using previously between now and tomorrow morning.

thanks for the input guys :thumbup:

3. 1Shakal

1Shakal Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 RADEON HD
    +1 The wired 360 controller is far superior to any other game pad i have tried

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i use a ps3 controller for PC games where possible, just because i like the ps3's dpad better for fighting games.

however, i also have an x360 wired controller simply because a lot of games will only work with x360 controllers and not other controllers.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i use the wireless xbox360 controller for windows and rechargable battery pack, i hate wires basicly, but i can still play wired if i want (while recharging)

6. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 4850
    Went with the wired 360 controller, never look back since. It's extremely good, played a lot of console ports on it, Just Cause and Hot Pursuit feels extremely nice and fluid with the controller, and with it, I don't think I'll need some games on my x360, cause my pc replaces it.

7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Basically did that as well, with games like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for $12 via D2D, can't complain compared to $30+ on XBOX 360.

I also got DiRT2 on my PC using my X360 controller and I also play Batman: Arkham Asylum, which was also cheaper on the PC than on my X360. Basically so far anything that's available on the PC, I don't need to buy a X360 version of the game lol.

The last X360 game I bought was Halo: Reach when it was on sale last Christmas for $30.

deltatux

8. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Another vote for the XBox gamepad as it doesn't need anything to just work in windows, and most games that can benefit from a gamepad, usually support that one directly.
    Even if i think that the PS gamepad is better.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    The reason I got a wireless one was that it was only £18 with the receiver, new from Amazon, the wired one was £16 so it was a no brainer. Really glad I got it though, I run two monitors a 23" and a 32" (next to each other), so I play FPS on the 23" then games like Hawx and NFS:HP I play on the 32" with my wireless controller and sit further away, depends what you want. Also not noticed any lag at all with mine.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Wireless Xbox360 pad is my preferred too.
    Its not only great to hold/use but many games come pre-configured to use it.
    Some of them still require setting up properly so its not a full bed of roses but still overall very positive.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Get a custom made Blissbox and you can use any or all the controllers ever made from the last 30 years,no drivers no hassle,just plug your controller into the blissbox and away you go with no problems.

http://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/Bliss-Box/