Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    How far is The Wall from Winterfell? (in days ride)
    Just curious.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    It's very close, especially when thinking of how this season handled waaay bigger distances. It all depends if the Night King decides to grab some peasants and what little is left of the Karstarks/Umbers/Boltons on the way. But it's almost not worth it, the North is big but low population.

I just hope the show creators won't deal with the Army of the Dead in some weird quick fashion to cut costs (and then focus on a "cheaper" Cersei villain). They're a force of "biblical" proportions, basically the apocalypse in the GoT universe, and should easily obliterate the entire North and reach the south before the final showdown, where everyone living unites to fight against them.

Either way, we'll have to wait a long while (hopefully the 2019 rumors do not pan out), this was a good season finale however. Lots of great dialogue for a change (Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage were fantastic) and CGI done right, have to give it to them.

3. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    They showed us how the wights collapsed once the walker was killed in episode 6, and talked about how killing the Night King should kill them all. I think they're going to make it easy and just have one big showdown against the Dead, and Jon and Daenerys take a dragon each and do a suicide charge against the NK.

4. BoabyKenobi

BoabyKenobi New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7700
    The finale certainly was an epic episode.

Some people are complaining that the show has changed, and it's not as good as it was. Yes, it has changed, but it did that every season.
    Story arcs are concluded, sometimes horrifically, and then it's onto a new set of characters, locations and storylines.

I just hope they don't bring out any more material once the show ends. It must be tempting for the creators to think about origin stories, spin-offs etc, but I think that would just ruin one of the best TV shows ever.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    There are 4 confirmed GOT spin-offs in the making. :rolleyes:

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    A Knight of The Seven Kingdoms could work quite well as a short mini series, 3 2 hour episodes covering the 3 novellas. Would be interesting to see what happens between Dunk The Tall and the 'other' Aegon.

7. BoabyKenobi

BoabyKenobi New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7700
    Oh absolutely. Some Dunk and Egg stuff could be good indeed. Just don't attach the GoTs moniker to it.

What I meant by origin stories, spin-offs etc was stuff about Robert's Rebellion and things like that. I hope they just call it a day when Game of Thrones ends and not try to milk it for years.

Kind of like what's happening with Star Wars these days. The Han Solo movie, and apparently a Ben Kenobi movie in the works too.
    Just finish the sequel trilogy and that's that. But of course Disney wants beaucoup bucks so no doubt we'll be seeing all sorts of "interesting" spin-offs etc.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I know what you mean BoabyKenobi, but when $$$ is involved, it will always take priority. As I've said before, my biggest complaint about the TV show is that they rushed a lot of good book content, as if they WANTED to finish the series quicker. And then HBO comes out with the news that 4 spin-off series are in the making... o_O

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4